Poll: Which race has the best Personal Story?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I wont vote because I only did the norn personal story and I have nothing to compare it to. I will say this: If the norn story is the best one, then we're in trouble.
    It's just sooooo bad isn't it?
    I love it though, all of it is so bad it becomes so funny to me.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    It's just sooooo bad isn't it?
    I love it though, all of it is so bad it becomes so funny to me.
    /manly voice
    Surely this will impress Eir!

Deleted
    /manly voice
    Surely this will impress Eir!
    I'm not underestimating them, I'm insulting them! <3

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I'm not underestimating them, I'm insulting them! <3
    :P

I wish I experienced more personal story-lines.

Oh well since I'll be rolling norn maybe it's best I don't see the clearly superior options. LOL.

Deleted

Oh well since I'll be rolling norn maybe it's best I don't see the clearly superior options. LOL.
    I just... well I want to do at least one of each so I don't mind the norn. I just thought they were sooo funny.

I think the humans will have the most interesting story in the later levels simply because their back is up against the wall. Then again, I do have a bit of a martyr complex...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    I think the humans will have the most interesting story in the later levels simply because their back is up against the wall. Then again, I do have a bit of a martyr complex...
    That's a rather interesting thing, I wonder if it'll end up being true.

I only really adventured down human commoner and norn got drunk and passed out.

Human commoner was fairly typical storytelling, but it wasn't bad.

Norn drunk and passed out was gold though. It was like The Hangover meets Airplane! So bad it was hilarious.

I think he means the theme of it? not really your specific personal choices

Asura and Sylvari were equally interesting to me
    I liked the Norn stories but they seemed a little less interesting than charr, but I kind of enjoy the theme of the charr more (although i didnt get far with the norn)
    Human stories were downright boring to me (the circus thing seemed absolutely stupid and I think they could have found something more exciting)

Sylvari Necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    I think he means the theme of it? not really your specific personal choices

Asura and Sylvari were equally interesting to me
    I liked the Norn stories but they seemed a little less interesting than charr, but I kind of enjoy the theme of the charr more (although i didnt get far with the norn)
    Human stories were downright boring to me (the circus thing seemed absolutely stupid and I think they could have found something more exciting)
    I, too, scratched my head with the "didn't run off to join the circus" option. I don't know why that seemed like a good idea. I thought it was a beta joke for a little while.

imo this thread should be restarted at launch. My streetrat type human story sucks so far but ive seen the charr one in some vids and its pretty interesting. Done a bit of asura and slyvari in my friends personal story but they skipped the story parts so i had no idea what was going on most the time. But yea im holding off my vote. Should prolly also do each part of a personal story not just race but the choices after what race you choose that have an effect on your status. Cuz i know charr all do differnt missions based on their legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    No. I am 90% sure that was "Act with wisdom, but act"
    I can 100% confirm that its this option, that's what I picked on my trial sylvari and ended up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Seeing as I didn't touch Sylvari or Asura stories and won't be until launch, I was overly impressed with Blood Legion Charr. Iron Legion was a meh, not so much. Human Noble was kinda turning into Scooby Doo at one point.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account

Idk I really enjoyed the personal storyline for norn.... I'd say it's above charr and tied with asura.... Then again I'm SUPER biased and hated iron legion anything and almost deleted my charr due to the significant amount of industrialism....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

They felt all pretty equal, just norn was awful :/ Maybe with different choices :O
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-10 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    I only played sylvari and norn to 20+ and sylvari story was like 20 times better.
    Though the norn story started to feel okayish at 20, so I hope it'll be better later.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-08-10 at 08:24 PM.

Playing the Charr and Asura storyline to the cap for beta and well over half of the Sylvari storyline I would have to say Charr felt the most like a real story. The Asura was fun, but not very serious, the Sylvari felt rushed with choices I picked not even being recognized by the NPCs or reflected in the story. The Charr (as Ash Legion) was very involved and it felt like I had the biggest impact with my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyur View Post
    Playing the Charr and Asura storyline to the cap for beta and well over half of the Sylvari storyline I would have to say Charr felt the most like a real story. The Asura was fun, but not very serious, the Sylvari felt rushed with choices I picked not even being recognized by the NPCs or reflected in the story. The Charr (as Ash Legion) was very involved and it felt like I had the biggest impact with my character.
    The choices you made for sylvari were just as relevant as the other races, it was just less obvious what it was effecting. If you picked green knight, your first main objective was to fight the sylvari wearing green armor that made him invincible. If you picked 'all things have a right to grow', you met with the twins and they worked with you.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Biography#Sylvari
    Click through the options and read, they all changed your story in large ways.. it just wasn't obvious when picking the choice how they would affect your story.

{SPOILER ALERT}

Not true. I picked to save the village, and let the two lovers become part of the nightmare, and thus had to kill them. The Pale Tree replied to the other option, that understandably, most people will choose where you leave the guards to the village and rescue the two lovers. I suppose, however, this could have also been a bug, but it felt like it was more of “Oh you choose aqua, EVERYONE chooses red. Here is your red card." That is why I say rushed, they did not take the time and money to add in a response choosing to sadly kill them, the Pale Tree just go on about it as they had been saved.

I love the norn one :P hated char, but I think it's because I find them to be the most hideous playable race ever made. The whole time I was playing them i just kept thinking the humans should have done a better job of wiping them all out in gw1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.