Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/c...sinister-blade

Katarina’s New Abilities
    Voracity (Passive): Champion kills or assists reduce Death Lotus' cooldown and refresh your basic abilities.

Bouncing Blades: Katarina throws a dagger that bounces from enemy to enemy, dealing magic damage and marking them. Striking a marked target with an ability or basic attack will consume the mark to deal additional magic damage.

Sinister Steel: Katarina whirls her daggers around her, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the area. If she hits an enemy champion, Katarina gains Movement Speed for a short duration.

Shunpo: Katarina instantly moves to her target's location and takes reduced damage from enemies for a short duration. If the target is an enemy, she deals damage.

Death Lotus (Ultimate): Katarina becomes a flurry of blades, throwing daggers with unrivaled speed at up to three nearby champions. Daggers deal magic damage and reduce incoming healing on targets hit.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-08-10 at 07:11 PM. Reason: readability

One of the first Champs I ever bought. Glad to see she is getting a visual upgrade too. Next is Soraka right?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    She is getting worked on, but won't say -next-.

In all honesty, I half expected her to come before Katarina.

she was always one of my favorite champions. I knew exactly why they would be updating her when they put it in the news she was getting a rework. Her W was pretty boring, her ult was either a free kill button, or an interrupted ability that made her useless, her early game sucked balls because she couldn't safely harass with shunpo and bouncing blades was useless till ranked up.

SO glad she is getting a model rework. Her hair was awful, it always looked like an octopus was sitting on her head.

They look like good design changes, I'm excited. Hopefully she'll still remain the QUEEN of killsteals.

Deleted

Katarina Remake inc

Katarina’s New Abilities
    Voracity (Passive): Champion kills or assists reduce Death Lotus' cooldown and refresh your basic abilities.

Bouncing Blades: Katarina throws a dagger that bounces from enemy to enemy, dealing magic damage and marking them. Striking a marked target with an ability or basic attack will consume the mark to deal additional magic damage.

Sinister Steel: Katarina whirls her daggers around her, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the area. If she hits an enemy champion, Katarina gains Movement Speed for a short duration.

Shunpo: Katarina instantly moves to her target's location and takes reduced damage from enemies for a short duration. If the target is an enemy, she deals damage.

Death Lotus (Ultimate): Katarina becomes a flurry of blades, throwing daggers with unrivaled speed at up to three nearby champions. Daggers deal magic damage and reduce incoming healing on targets hit.

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....rina_comic.jpg

Is it me or is her W just another ult as it is described now? o.0

The new W sounds pretty brutal. Especially with that movement speed boost. I was initially displeased at the loss of the old one since I used it purely for the damage reduction into Shunpo; but then I saw they simply baked that into Shunpo itself.

Tying the healing debuff to the Ult looks a little awkward. I'll have to play around with that.

It's hard to really grasp how I feel about the changes without some numbers to look at. I'm guessing they tuned down Death Lotus to not be her make-or-break button now that she has an active ability for a W. Really looking forward to see what the values attached to Sinister Steel look like.

Edit: They made her hair look better. Rejoice! I'll be playing blue Katarina forever now.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I might sound angry, buuut... WHERE IS SORAKA?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming, apparently.

From a red, they were developed mostly in parallel, meaning she'll be along shortly. (Or rather, soontm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Merged the two Katarina threads since both had barely any posts. Also updated the OP to be easier to read.

I'm interested in how this will turn out. Kat is one of those champs I've wanted to pick up, but I know how weak she is against a team with half a brain so I haven't. The new model is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Her hair was awful, it always looked like an octopus was sitting on her head.
    that sounds more like irelia

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    that sounds more like irelia
    lmao her too. Riot still hasn't really figured out how to do hair yet. But it's gotta be hard with such small models and such intricate details on some.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    I might sound angry, buuut... WHERE IS SORAKA?!
    They updated Katarina, who was outdated, but you still can understand what she is.

As for Raka...my best guess is that she's a banana throwing draenei seriously in need of a haircut. Right right, I know the update is soon, but imo she has the worst model in the game, far worse than Kat's or Ashe's.

But I digress, the Kat changes look interesting to say the least. I surely wasn't expecting her to get a rework, but I welcome it.

...I'll still be extremely hesitant to play her though. If there's a Raka (or anyone with a silence, interupt, what be you) on the other team I might as well build tank.

Deleted
    Bye bye something that had to be her hair.

I haven't played Katarina in a long long time, but I had a decent amount of success with her when I was a new player (given how noob-friendly Death Lotus is) so I've always been partial to her... Glad to see she's getting some nice reworking.

I wonder how strong Sinister Steel will be... Or more specifically, I wonder if she'd be able to jungle with this patch... =p

I don't know why, but I always like it when I can play more champs in the jungle. I don't consider it my favourite role, but sometimes I want to try unorthodox positions for some champions, which usually is taking characters that don't normally jungle into the jungle.... but then basically never do, since I'm afraid my teammates wouldn't like it, even when queuing as a full premade. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I haven't played Katarina in a long long time, but I had a decent amount of success with her when I was a new player (given how noob-friendly Death Lotus is) so I've always been partial to her... Glad to see she's getting some nice reworking.

I wonder how strong Sinister Steel will be... Or more specifically, I wonder if she'd be able to jungle with this patch... =p

I don't know why, but I always like it when I can play more champs in the jungle. I don't consider it my favourite role, but sometimes I want to try unorthodox positions for some champions, which usually is taking characters that don't normally jungle into the jungle.... but then basically never do, since I'm afraid my teammates wouldn't like it, even when queuing as a full premade. =p
    No sustain and shitty ganks. I'd slap someone if they tried to jungle her on my team

Deleted
    Don't like the changes but I don't play her that much anymore anyway =/

Heimer next plz.

How do you get her kitty kat Katarina skin? One of the best skins in the game. I would get her just for that skin (if I can get the skin). Fucking sexy on a girl I think has the best face in the game.

Her new ability seems like Roit going on the old Xzibit root and giving her a mini ulti. You dawg, we heard you like Kat's ulti, so we gave you a new ulti so you can ulti while you ulti.

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whatspostcount View Post
    Don't like the changes but I don't play her that much anymore anyway =/

Heimer next plz.
    He is getting a change which will allow him to place THREE turrets and an ulti which allow to place all three turrets in a triangle fashion! FUCK YA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Again, some turretspawning yordle turd will ever be seen only in case he's heavily overpowered, as it's not the kind of character that's really enjoyable unless the person is some kind of hipster that needs to be different.
    With the lack of any support releases recently ( I believe the only commonly used support released "lately" was Lulu and before that Leona and then Sona (2010!). I would really like to see Karma made something that can work efficiently. That's for game mechanics.

Graphic-wise it's already slap in the face that relatively OK char was done before triangle-hoof monster :<.

All three basic abilities will all do damage? That will be interesting. I can't actually think of many champions who have three straight damaging abilities + a damage ulti. Edit : Wonder how much damage the W will do.
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-08-12 at 08:31 AM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    SO glad she is getting a model rework. Her hair was awful, it always looked like an octopus was sitting on her head.
    And now her animation implies that her hair is made of rubber.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...