Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    If you've ever played gw1, you'd know bots are everywhere there too.
    i played gw1
    i don't remember bots everywhere
    because they weren't

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by mmochamp7280 View Post
    i played gw1
    i don't remember bots everywhere
    because they weren't
    they were, droknar's forge was packed with them. And augury rock

  3. #23
    Isn't GW1 completely instanced? How do you see bots everywhere?

    edit: serious question, I'm not doubting it.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    This is just the desync "hack". Just look around in the vid, notice there are no other players, and try to remember any point in any bwe or stress test when you did not see another player around
    ^ This

    No combat, no players, no anything on that video. A desync or just speeded up video.

  5. #25
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Isn't GW1 completely instanced? How do you see bots everywhere?

    edit: serious question, I'm not doubting it.
    simple: He's lying.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome NeonX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    It's like Godwin's Law, except it's WoW/Blizzard instead of Nazis.
    If you don't mind my asking, what is Godwin's Law?

    I see so many people throwing that around as well as strawman or something and have absolutely no idea what they mean haha. I just assumed it was from a movie or book I've not come across.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, what is Godwin's Law?

    I see so many people throwing that around as well as strawman or something and have absolutely no idea what they mean haha. I just assumed it was from a movie or book I've not come across.
    Dude, wikipedia

    Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mmochamp7280 View Post
    so true

    the game isn't built to accommodate bots/hackers either
    wow is
    Blizzard bans their fair share of WoW botters and hackers aswell, the argument that it's beneficial to let hackers/botters run wild in your sub-based MMO because they pay a subscription seems pretty faulty, as they can easily ruin the fun for a majority of the playerbase who might then subsequently cancel their subs.

    I'm not denying that there should be done more about hackers/botters, I'm just not really sold on the conspiracy-theory that they are (half-)intentionally "let loose" by the defs, so to speak.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post

    If they're willing to ban someone in the middle of a tournament (not a big esports event, but a monthly tournament nonetheless) for foul language, I'm sure they will be willing to ban hackers without a second thought.
    So. Much. Win.

    I think I just fell in love with Arenanet a little bit more.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  10. #30
    Mechagnome NeonX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Dude, wikipedia

    Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."
    Thank you.

    My apologies for not googling it I didn't know it was a proper thing but instead just a colloquialism used on mmo-champion derived from a book or film that I wasn't aware of.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    ^ This

    No combat, no players, no anything on that video. A desync or just speeded up video.
    It's definitely not sped up.

    If you look at the NPC's they're walking around at normal pace while he's moving fast.

  12. #32
    Oh man, I am aware it is a hack but the speed of running in the OP video looks like the speed at which we SHOULD run at. asdfghjkl;l

    A run speed boost. A run speed boost, my kingdom for a run speed boost!

  13. #33
    As was pointed out several times before, hacking and/or botting is not something that has any real potential of ruining GW2 because Anet has a recorded history of banning people on the spot. Just youtube Dhuum kills and you'll see. We had another thread awhile back about what could potentially ruin GW2 and, because of the history, hacking was never mentioned once.


    Little by little I grow a little more bitter, sit down in my chair like a grown man to his dinner. "Where's my newspaper, boy? Dog, fetch me my slippers. Feed me, do the dishes, if you need me I'm in the shitter."

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    So. Much. Win.

    I think I just fell in love with Arenanet a little bit more.
    Agree, I saw this yesterday in the stress test and wondered what was happening. I think it must have been the bugged instance

  15. #35
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Isn't GW1 completely instanced? How do you see bots everywhere?

    edit: serious question, I'm not doubting it.
    Not everywhere but you could see bots in outposts close to some profitable places and in some missions like Elona Reach back in the day.
    There are still tons of bots in JQ.

  16. #36
    Im not some economic guy or anything so i can be wrong. But imo AN dont want botters at any cost. Some people wont play game with economy ruined because of bots so they wont be buing anything in game store, but more importantly whole gem system imo ecnourage AN to fight bots. Lets say:
    Guy A want gems
    Guy B want gold
    Both are normal players, lets say taht 1000gold=100gems its take a week for guy A to farm that gold and he is ok with selling his gold to guy B for soem gems, every1 is happy guy B have his, gold guy A have his gems and AN have $ that guy A paid for gems.
    But now lets add bots factor to all of this, 1st of all botters dont want gems, they want $ so they wont be using AN system but some sites instead, they might be selling 3k gold for price of 100gems, guy B wont want to pay 100gems for 1000gold when he can have 3k for it, but guy A dont want to farm 3 weeks for 100gems, so guy B will buy gold via some site. So AN wont have their money.
    Last edited by makak; 2012-08-10 at 03:38 PM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Isn't GW1 completely instanced? How do you see bots everywhere?

    edit: serious question, I'm not doubting it.
    While its instanced you still needed to zone back into a noninstanced town to reset the instance. You could spot the botters because you'd see them port in and run right back out the zone line at regular intervals 24/7. If you see the same guy run in every 15 minutes exactly and run right back out all day long chances are its a bot.

    Who is John Galt?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •