Character size range

I've heard that larger characters, particularly the Norn and Charr, feel clumsy or cramped on the screen due to the limited zoom and fixed FoV. As such, I'm wondering if I should make my Charr as small as possible. The downside is looking like a midget when standing next to other Charr, but I'm willing to put up with that if it means a less clumsy-feeling character.

Based on this picture, the range of character sizes seems pretty extreme.

A few questions for anyone who's played in the beta:

Do large characters feel clumsy or hemmed-in on the screen?

Do character animations scale with size?

How much do you think size with be a factor with PvP? I know hitboxes are all the same, but big targets will naturally attract more attention.

They don't seem cramped or clumsy at all to me. The only problem I have with Norn is their heads are so much smaller compared to their ginormous bodies, it looks out of place.

I played every class but human and this thought never crossed my mind. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    They don't seem cramped or clumsy at all to me. The only problem I have with Norn is their heads are so much smaller compared to their ginormous bodies, it looks out of place.
    There is a head size slider. =P

It's more like everyone wants to kill the Asuras in PVP. I call it the "Teemo Factor".

No cottontail skin for Asura.

I didnt find either race feeling clumsy because of their size. My only complaint about the char was that their hunched posture and tendency to swap from bipedal to quadrupedal when running made jumping puzzles somewhat tedious. I found it hard to tell sometimes where exactly the center of the hitbox was when determining how close you are to falling off a ledge. Missjudge the exact spot and you either jump too soon and fall short or jump too late and just blunder off a cliff.

Who is John Galt?

I agree the zoom is not good, I picked a small female character and she was much too large on a 27" monitor. I hope they expand the zoom out to at least double what it is for PvP sakes

yea being small and hard to see is always good for PvP but ppl usually have ranged weapons and everyones always spread out from what ive seen in PvP. Some ppl do melee but u dont just get huge melees in one spot where being small and hard to see is pretty useful. I would say play what race you like for PvP. And if its a PvP only character and you dont want to level it then if you dont like the size just delete and remake as another race if you think a smaller toon will help out since your scaled to 80 anyway.

All I need from guild wars 2 is a FOV slider in settings options. Mostly cause I get motion sickness like syndromes if I stay in front of the screen for too long...

And please don't confuse zoom with FOV. Just saying ^_^

It actually felt at times that your zoom was actually based on the size of your character. I may have just been imagining things, but on my huge norn male it seemed like I actually saw the world better than on my short sylvari female.

It would be nice if you could zoom back a little further though. Melee against some of the larger event bosses was obnoxious because you couldn't actually see the big attack coming because you were too close.