Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    The pre-event being two weeks before MoP launch is player speculation?! Um, no, Blizz said so. I believe it was either right after Mists of Pandaria was announced.
    That's what I remember as well.
    However, wtb patch 5.0 waay before that please
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    No, there wasn't. That is player speculation. Patch 5.0 will most like be released before that.
    They said a while back (I think it was for the press event) that they were aiming to activate the pre-event about two weeks before launch. That was quite a while ago, but it's still the only thing we have to go on.

That said, deploying the patch and activating the event are two different things entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incidentally, I found the source of the confusion. During one of the early press releases, it was stated that the pre-PATCH would be two weeks before launch, even on this site, that was said...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ria-Press-Tour

Just do a Find for "two weeks" on the page, it is quite large. I saw this on another site, too, but it was using this site as a reference.

Just because 5.0 could be deployed doesn't mean the pre-event will happen the moment its on the live realms.

Two completely separate things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incidentally, I found the source of the confusion. During one of the early press releases, it was stated that the pre-PATCH would be two weeks before launch, even on this site, that was said...
    Indeed, that was the post.
    I really hope they changed their mind about that, because 2 weeks is a bit short for some classes to basically relearn their character.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Consider the previous release dates:

TBC
    2.0.1 - TBC systems patch - Dec 5
    2.0.3 - TBC content patch - Jan 9 (5 weeks later)
    Release - Jan 16 (1 week later)
    6 weeks from systems to release

WOTLK
    3.0.2 - WotLK systems patch - Oct 14
    3.0.3 - Nov 4 (3 weeks later)
    Release - Nov 13 (1 week later)
    4 weeks from systems to release

CATA
    4.0.1 - Cataclysm systems patch - Oct 12
    4.0.3a - The shattering - Nov 23 (6 weeks later)
    Release - Dec 7 (2 weeks later)
    8 weeks from systems to release

It's currently 7 weeks to release so going on previous history, the patch could drop any week now. Aug 21 or Aug 28 are by far the most probable dates (it's very unlikely that it'll be this coming week since preloading just started today).

You will also note that all of these expansions have had a balancing or extra patch after the systems patch but before the actual release - I don't think they'll have time to do that in 2 weeks and they'd have to be supremely confident to drop the systems patch that late.
    Last edited by Joán; 2012-08-10 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone who thinks they'll only let the systems patch be out 2 weeks before release is kidding themselves.
    Well, people were certain the Azeroth changes wouldn't be on PTR and that Pandaren would never be playable. Blizzard has patterns, but they do sometimes surprise.

I am not saying I *know* when the patch will happen, I am just saying anything could happen.

Just do a Find for "two weeks" on the page, it is quite large. I saw this on another site, too, but it was using this site as a reference.
    You might want to read that again.

It says, •The Pre Mists of Pandaria Patch will be roughly two weeks before launch and bring simple rewards.

Take Notice of the world Roughly

That was before GW2 had a release date though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to read that again.

It says, •The Pre Mists of Pandaria Patch will be roughly two weeks before launch and bring simple rewards.

Take Notice of the world Roughly
    You might want to look at the context in which I was referencing that. It was *not* to indicate that it was a matter of *exactly* two weeks. It was to: A. Prove Blizzard made comments on the timing of the patch (which someone earlier doubted) and B. Explain why some people think the two weeks comment was in regards to the patch, rather than the event. I believe I said earlier READ: in this same topic! that the schedule might have changed and that it could release at any time.

Edit: And "roughly", in regards to a time frame, is arbitrary. Personally, I would not consider a month to be roughly two weeks. Does Blizzard? I don't know. It really is silly to argue semantics over such an obscure and loosely used adverb.
    Last edited by Leowyld; 2012-08-11 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They won't release the skill updates (which will come with the patch, theramore event or not) without announcing the end of the pvp season. So until we hear that, the patch won't be dropping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravvie View Post
    Exactly. Because if they did it exactly two weeks before, they'd be bombing an alliance city on 9/11, which would result in cries of AMURICA.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

just in time to hit live on aug 28.

so boys and girls what will it be if we had to choose:

guild wars or wow

personally im not a fan of guild wars so i will be playing wow lvl a lock for release!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Blizzard are pretty smart with the launch of Mists...

Instead of releasing the expansion at/around the same as a competitors game (Guild Wars 2), they release the expansion aprox. 1 month after. Even if Guild Wars 2 isn't a subscription game, some may think (consciously/unconsciously) that the game HAS a subscription, and will likely "quit" within the first month. Leaving a perfect opportunity to "return" to WoW. Historically, Blizzard also tends to launch the "pre-expansion patch" about a month before the expansion. Which happens to be... around the time of Guild Wars 2 launch. Leaving people to decide either to play the new game, or return to WoW and try out all the new systems, talents etc.

Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28th (preorders on the 25th). Doesn't take a rocket scientist, to assume that 5.0.4 is going live on either the 21st or 28th (22nd/29th for EU).
    exactly its all about timing , !
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

Those D3 fixes are too little too late to save that game.

Deleted
    In order to add my ha'penny worth of opinion on this: If you take a look at the "Connection Info" window, you'll find that the data we're all downloading (or done downloading by now) covers only about less-than-half of the data which will be the full MoP-WoW... so, whatever your HDD size is, expect another 20-30 GByte of downloads yet to come for 5.0.4 (or 5.1; not 100% sure what the bar actually represents).

On my guild's forum I had speculated that we may see a pre-patch release on one of the upcoming next three Tuesdays - but given that it looks like just *part* of the data for the patch, that estimate now seems premature. Judging by the data yet to come, I'd guess "last Tuesday in August [28th], maybe first Tuesday in September [4th]" now looks like a better guess for the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by darkquantum View Post
    I don't really read Twitter, just update it with our news posts, sorry!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirsom View Post
    In order to add my ha'penny worth of opinion on this: If you take a look at the "Connection Info" window, you'll find that the data we're all downloading (or done downloading by now) covers only about less-than-half of the data which will be the full MoP-WoW... so, whatever your HDD size is, expect another 20-30 GByte of downloads yet to come for 5.0.4 (or 5.1; not 100% sure what the bar actually represents).

On my guild's forum I had speculated that we may see a pre-patch release on one of the upcoming next three Tuesdays - but given that it looks like just *part* of the data for the patch, that estimate now seems premature. Judging by the data yet to come, I'd guess "last Tuesday in August [28th], maybe first Tuesday in September [4th]" now looks like a better guess for the pre-patch.
    Maybe I'm just being stupid but surely this pre-patch won't have to include all the date for Pandaria and things like that yet? Just the new systems and such. I think 6gb looks about right when you think about it that way.

Anyone know if AoE looting will be active in the pre patch?