Addon settings won't save

Hey guys, I've an issue I'm trying hard to find a solution to and failing miserably. Was hoping someone here knows about it and is willing to help.

Today I decided to redo my UI in order to check for newer addons and all that. Installed new, removed old, removed all saved variables and started tweaking the stuff.

After a quick relog to refresh the changes and see how things look almost all of them reset. Some things were kept, but most, as I said were reset to their default settings. And it's not per addon. They all had the problem.

Here are a few examples so you guys can understand better:

Sexymap - managed to remove the excessive buttons succesfully, but the minimap stays default style (round) whatever I try to do to it.
    Bartender - Moving the bars around and hiding/showing them is normal, but their size, padding and Masque settings applied to them reset.
    Aura Frames - Nothing was saved but the size.

For some weird reason health plates also bugged out without me even touching them (no addon that affects them). They no longer display enemy level, just show the bar with an empty yellow spot for the level.

It's getting obvious there are permission issues involved, since my WTF folder is perma-read-only. Clicking the box does nothing and it gets reset back to read-only. All the groups and user names have full control on it though and even launching with administrator doesn't change anything. So that's as far as my knowledge on the issue goes.

One more thing that might be useful to know is that I'm one of the people that has the dual-launcher bug, where WoW launches with 2 separate launchers and there is a permanent pop-up for allowing it to launch. Clicking yes displays both launchers, clicking no displays just one.

Halp. :<

Yes you have the read-only windows 7 bug and you gotta make the files read/write permissible. Follow the steps here:
    http://itexpertvoice.com/home/fixing...-folder-blues/

Sadly none of the solutions in the link did anything. Also from what I read Win 7 always has all folders on read-only and it doesn't really mean anything to the user.
    I tried a dozen other forums as well and nothing seemed to do the trick.

I am still very open to suggestions since it seems that if it doesn't get fixed... well that's it for me and addons...

Also from what I read Win 7 always has all folders on read-only and it doesn't really mean anything to the user.
    It can mean a great deal to the user depending on what the file is supposed to do. If it's a word document of an essay you're going to hand in later...well who cares, you're going to save a version manually anyway. If a program (like wow) is supposed to be able to write to the file periodically, this is going to trip you up severely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    It can mean a great deal to the user depending on what the file is supposed to do. If it's a word document of an essay you're going to hand in later...well who cares, you're going to save a version manually anyway. If a program (like wow) is supposed to be able to write to the file periodically, this is going to trip you up severely.
    Well I'm by far not an expert on Windows so I'm not trying to argue about anything. Still my issue is present and so far Blizz hasn't been able to help me much as well (not that we've tried that many things yet). So any new ideas are welcome!