Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    My +1 for wanting those starter models: Paladin and Mage especially.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    Chaud, currently on my level 83 warrior I need 3,469,000 XP to get 84 (was 5,203,400)
    xp for 80-81 wasnt nerfed ;_;

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,805
    I truly find some people hilarious. You don't want to level? What next, you want those Beta gear vendors to sell every piece of raid/PvP gear all because some people 'don't like it' or 'don't want to do it'.

    In many ways the playerbase of today makes me quite sick.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I truly find some people hilarious. You don't want to level? What next, you want those Beta gear vendors to sell every piece of raid/PvP gear all because some people 'don't like it' or 'don't want to do it'.

    In many ways the playerbase of today makes me quite sick.
    No one wants to take 24 hours to level. It's boring. Most people only care about endgame PVE or PVP because that's the strength of this game. If you like leveling you should go play Runescape. You'll be able to sit and level in that game for YEARS. It sounds like your kind of game. You seem to be confusing leveling with a challenge when it's more boring than LFR DS. Of course I don't want them to just hand out gear.

  5. #45
    I sure hope those new sets aren't replacements for their old equivalents.

  6. #46
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I truly find some people hilarious. You don't want to level? What next, you want those Beta gear vendors to sell every piece of raid/PvP gear all because some people 'don't like it' or 'don't want to do it'.

    In many ways the playerbase of today makes me quite sick.
    Don't give me that bullshit. Having leveled characters to max level in the 10's it's a chore in the way that it is not difficult or interesting in any way, shape or form.

    If I wouldn't like the end game but I would like leveling there wouldn't be an issue. I'd level up to 85 or 90 or whatever and shelve the character and create a new one. Leveling is basically an attunement, just a way more hideous and boring one.

    About buying every piece of gear for basically nothing, why would I want to? The progression in the game works quite simply: you acquire gear to complete content, not to 'get gear'. Who cares what gear you've got as long as you're able to do well in the gear you're wearing. I don't understand your point of buying all the best gear from vendors instantly.

    A really, really bad example. Very comparable to leveling if you look at the surface and don't think about it, but the thing is, you acquire gear while doing the content you enjoy. You don't do the content to get gear, you do it because you enjoy it.

    Gear is a tool. Leveling is a chore. See? Quite a different thing.

  7. #47
    I really don't see the logic in wanting to do dungeons all day over having a balanced mix of questing/LFD to level. When you're questing (and personally I will only do quests until 90 and even at cap) the content is fresh and free of artificial sweeteners. Dungeons lack the ability to stay fresh especially when you're doing them with the same friends, presumably the same character makeup. Once you run through the 6 dungeons that are available to you while leveling, you will be experiencing the same thing over and over again, sure you'd be getting good at it, but it would certainly burn me out very quickly. Not only will the story line (if you even care about it) not make sense if all you do is run dungeons, but you will be caught in the cataclysm-syndrome of last expansion where all you do is sit on your ass in Orgrimmar waiting for que to pop.

    If you played any of these expansions when they launched, they all seemed to have a long way to get to level cap, and that's is one of the biggest playing points of WoW. When blizz announces an "increases of experience required for 85-90" they are really just fixing it to be the same flow its been in past expansions. You really weren't supposed to get that used to the XP nerfs in cataclysm when it only took 3 zones to get to 85. We will likely see the past required XP again once they nerf it which will be much later in the expansion (as it always has been).

    I don't know why and I don't usually get this ticked off at people QQing about stupid shit, but this really hit a soft spot for me :P
    /endrant

  8. #48
    Must be horrible to spend 50% more time in the new zones. Truly.

    It's not because so many quests were missed because people could skip second half of zones. Nope.

    You hate leveling? Too bad. Just do the world a favor and don't pretend like you know shit about what "most" people like or do not like with this game.
    If no one enjoyed leveling, Blizzard wouldn't even bother. Funny how it's the hardcore crowd, who continously make witty remarks about blizzard soon "giving you a button to hit max level and mail you gear" then cry like babies because the new levels will take a bit longer to do.
    If these XP levels were in the minute beta went live, would you bitch and moan as much? No. You just took the first number, set that as final, then complain about numbers in beta getting changed.

    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire Fixup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Great Malvern, Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    xp for 80-81 wasnt nerfed ;_;
    Probably was, but still 83 to 84 has been reduced.

  10. #50
    I love leveling, and I love questing, Its always a sad thing when I run out of quests on one character, luckely I still have a lot of others standing by for more questing goodness

    Leveling and questing is the best thing about playing mmo's, if you don't like it, go play Call of Duty, there you can spend all the time you want doing the "end game"

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    About buying every piece of gear for basically nothing, why would I want to? The progression in the game works quite simply: you acquire gear to complete content, not to 'get gear'. Who cares what gear you've got as long as you're able to do well in the gear you're wearing. I don't understand your point of buying all the best gear from vendors instantly.

    A really, really bad example. Very comparable to leveling if you look at the surface and don't think about it, but the thing is, you acquire gear while doing the content you enjoy. You don't do the content to get gear, you do it because you enjoy it.

    Gear is a tool. Leveling is a chore. See? Quite a different thing.
    When did you start playing this game?!

    Leveling is also progression as is getting gear. You are improving your characters level first before you can acquire the best gear. This is a fundamental element of an RPG, if you don't like it, you need to find another game genre.

    Also, the fact that getting gear is your ultimate goal is just awful and shallow and leaves plenty of room for you to view this GAME as a job when all you want to do is run dungeons or raid. Once you get full heroic raid gear, then what? The end?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    I really don't see the logic in wanting to do dungeons all day over having a balanced mix of questing/LFD to level. When you're questing (and personally I will only do quests until 90 and even at cap) the content is fresh and free of artificial sweeteners. Dungeons lack the ability to stay fresh especially when you're doing them with the same friends, presumably the same character makeup. Once you run through the 6 dungeons that are available to you while leveling, you will be experiencing the same thing over and over again, sure you'd be getting good at it, but it would certainly burn me out very quickly. Not only will the story line (if you even care about it) not make sense if all you do is run dungeons, but you will be caught in the cataclysm-syndrome of last expansion where all you do is sit on your ass in Orgrimmar waiting for que to pop.

    If you played any of these expansions when they launched, they all seemed to have a long way to get to level cap, and that's is one of the biggest playing points of WoW. When blizz announces an "increases of experience required for 85-90" they are really just fixing it to be the same flow its been in past expansions. You really weren't supposed to get that used to the XP nerfs in cataclysm when it only took 3 zones to get to 85. We will likely see the past required XP again once they nerf it which will be much later in the expansion (as it always has been).

    I don't know why and I don't usually get this ticked off at people QQing about stupid shit, but this really hit a soft spot for me :P
    /endrant
    Ok, "fresh and free of artificial sweeteners." Have you just started playing or something? Questing is basically Kill X and Gather Y. It's the same shit over and over. I also don't want to run dungeons 40 times, I just want to be max level so I can start raiding. The only challenge in this game to me is the Race to Server First and clearing heroic raids while undergeared. You seem to be confused that people didn't level outside dungeons in Cata (80 to 85). I sure leveled in zones, in fact I've done it 6 Goddamn times now. Cata zones are by far and away the worst zones I've had the displeasure of leveling through. The worst overall leveling was definitely Northrend though prenerfs. This is the kind of leveling we're going to go into with this XP increase. Northrend. It took me like 3 weeks to fucking hit 80. That shit isn't fun man. It's a chore and nothing more. You're the epitome of what a casual is and I don't have a problem with that, but I really don't like leveling. I simply want to get to the raiding and actually having to use more than .01% of my brain power to play this game.

    I really wish they'd just offer a way to pay to be 90. They make so much money off of us hardcores as is, I'm kind of surprised they don't have that implemented already.

  13. #53
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    When did you start playing this game?!

    Leveling is also progression as is getting gear. You are improving your characters level first before you can acquire the best gear. This is a fundamental element of an RPG, if you don't like it, you need to find another game genre.

    Also, the fact that getting gear is your ultimate goal is just awful and shallow and leaves plenty of room for you to view this GAME as a job when all you want to do is run dungeons or raid. Once you get full heroic raid gear, then what? The end?
    I started playing the game in mid-TBC. I don't care about the role-playing parts of the game all that much, they're a nice thing to see every now and then and I'm not willing to have that part of the game taken away since that content is very skippable, as in you don't need to read the quest texts and whatnot.

    I'm not willing to have a part of the game removed, I'm willing to have it be able to be skipped for an amount of money. Does it take anything away from you? No.

    Also, I think you misunderstood me. My ultimate goal isn't getting gear, that's the exact opposite of what I was saying. My ultimate goal is beating the content, no matter with what gear I've got. And that's the end, until Blizzard releases new content, of course. During the period of time when I've beaten the content but new isn't available my ultimate goal is to gather as much gear to be able to have as big of an edge to beating the new content.

    As I said, gear is a tool to beating content, not a goal.
    Last edited by Turvakapsu; 2012-08-11 at 10:14 AM.

  14. #54
    The double xp is good.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    When did you start playing this game?!

    Leveling is also progression as is getting gear. You are improving your characters level first before you can acquire the best gear. This is a fundamental element of an RPG, if you don't like it, you need to find another game genre.

    Also, the fact that getting gear is your ultimate goal is just awful and shallow and leaves plenty of room for you to view this GAME as a job when all you want to do is run dungeons or raid. Once you get full heroic raid gear, then what? The end?
    Leveling isn't progression anymore. It might be in other games but in order to balance max level, Blizz NERFS your character as you level when you level from old max to new in expansions. If I constantly progressed like we used to during back in the day MMOs, it wouldn't be near as bad leveling. I'm going to go from 55k dps on live to probably 20k on live by 87. The only real progression for me anymore is raiding and getting gear is simple a tool to get raids clear.

  16. #56
    For most raiders, this sucks. NO raider wants to sit and level while they could be doing heroics and getting ready for Mogu'shan Vaults. I don't know what all you people are talking about saying that leveling on the beta was too fast. Are you kidding me? It was long and boring as hell, and now they're making it last longer. I bet 75% of the gamebase doesn't even read quest text anymore, I certainly don't. Basically it's just a "Kill this", "Gather This" grind to 90 that *Most Raiders* don't like at all. Compared to Cata where the Exp. required boosted like crazy from level to level, MoP didn't really. I admit I only did about 65 quests in each zone. It could use maybe a 15% increase but 55% is ridiculous.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Ok, "fresh and free of artificial sweeteners." Have you just started playing or something? Questing is basically Kill X and Gather Y. It's the same shit over and over. I also don't want to run dungeons 40 times, I just want to be max level so I can start raiding. The only challenge in this game to me is the Race to Server First and clearing heroic raids while undergeared. You seem to be confused that people didn't level outside dungeons in Cata (80 to 85). I sure leveled in zones, in fact I've done it 6 Goddamn times now. Cata zones are by far and away the worst zones I've had the displeasure of leveling through. The worst overall leveling was definitely Northrend though prenerfs. This is the kind of leveling we're going to go into with this XP increase. Northrend. It took me like 3 weeks to fucking hit 80. That shit isn't fun man. It's a chore and nothing more. You're the epitome of what a casual is and I don't have a problem with that, but I really don't like leveling. I simply want to get to the raiding and actually having to use more than .01% of my brain power to play this game.

    I really wish they'd just offer a way to pay to be 90. They make so much money off of us hardcores as is, I'm kind of surprised they don't have that implemented already.
    you're not hardcore. your whining about something that the majority of people either like or are indifferent to. and want a button to skip 80% of the content in the game so that you can raid for 1 night a week. asking for shortcuts and easy buttons is something a casual does. you wouldnt have made it in vanilla back then it was faster to grind mobs in arathi then to do quests. if it took you 3 weeks to reach 80 then you're not hardcore. in fact no one who is hardcore goes around bragging about how their hardcore they just do their job and get it done then unsub till next patch
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #58
    @therayeffect and @Turvakapsu
    I really don't know what to say to you, I'm not trying to persuade you to enjoy the questing experience, but if you don't enjoy it and only play the game for the competitive edge of having done things first, you might want to try to find another game or hobby all together, and I can't recommend any since I nor anyone I know is so competitive they must be anal about everything that opposes their success. If you want to set a record that will show up when any random person searches on the leaderboards, you can always bite your lip while you level then bust your ass in challenge mode all day long - or you can try other games like FPS such as Call of Duty, or any generic racing game that can be played online (off topic: Mario Kart Wii is still a competitive game that is still setting world records in time trials and continues to have tournaments).

    Really, I'm trying to be doing being pissed off, but now you've just made it apparent to me that you guys are super hard core which implies that you are elitists about every aspect of the game. I should be ignoring you both and passing this off as just few people who will QQ then quit the game 1 month after every expansion, return for a patch then quit 1 month after that just so that they can have their fill of the game and say they did that and this -- I'm really just sick of it. These types of people are the defining points of the stereotypical WoW gamer that every normal person who has a life looks down upon with shame because they have spent hours in front of the computer ignoring real life and becoming lazy bums bound to go nowhere in life.

    Its late, I'm going to bed and I'm never going to read this news post again. Bye.

  19. #59
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Why the fuck did they increase the leveling xp? If this is intended to make live I'm seriously going to be so burnt out from this game by like day 1 it's not even funny. Why Blizzard? I don't care about fucking questing at all. No one fucking does. If I could pay 10 dollars to magically be lvl 90 I would do it and I'm pretty tight with my money. Fuck man it was ALREADY slow as shit and now it's even slower. Fuck questing. Out of all the questing I've ever done in every MMO I maybe liked *FOUR* of them. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. I hope it's just a way to test the zones fully. Those few people who do actually like questing can go through the whole zones now and make sure everything works. *crosses fingers*
    Personally i think the quests and lore are the best part of the game. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean everyone shares it. Also if Bliizard thought this way we would of had the xpac months ago.
    18 - 9 - 2012 Find the significance in this date, and you will also find the revitalization of the best game ever.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you're not hardcore. your whining about something that the majority of people either like or are indifferent to. and want a button to skip 80% of the content in the game so that you can raid for 1 night a week. asking for shortcuts and easy buttons is something a casual does. you wouldnt have made it in vanilla back then it was faster to grind mobs in arathi then to do quests. if it took you 3 weeks to reach 80 then you're not hardcore. in fact no one who is hardcore goes around bragging about how their hardcore they just do their job and get it done then unsub till next patch
    There's no challenge in leveling. If leveling was actually engaging and shit I wouldn't mind it. Personally I was pretty indifferent to leveling, because it was only like 15 hours or so. I don't consider leveling content either. It's all gather X and kill Y. It took me 3 weeks to reach 80 back in the day because I actually had a job then and worked 80 hours a fucking week. EXCUSE ME for not being able to no life the game because I had to work so much. Thankfully I'm working a whole lot less now so I can actually be a hardcore raider. I'm also not going to be raiding 1 night a week. Here's our current plan:
    -Max level main (max level profs, know how to play all specs)
    -Max level alt ( know how to play main spec, BE RAID READY first week)
    -Raid Schedule:
    *Monday - Thursday * 7pm ST - 12pm ST (Sundays 7pm ST - 12pm ST if Necessary)
    BRING TO RAID:
    ~200 potions
    -Flasks
    -Food
    -Enough gold for repairs
    Expect approximately 50+ wipes a week.
    Theorycrafting is assumed.

    I'm sorry that you guys are so blinded by nostalgia that you can't see through your rose tinted goggles anymore. Very few high end raiders like leveling. All this change does is add 24 more hours of leveling to my schedule. It's extending 'content' that I find to simply be a chore and work. In fact the majority of people who like leveling are actually the super casuals (who are the majority of the game). This is why I asked for an "I'm 90 button" because a lot of people who don't raid like questing and there's no reason to take their fun from them, though Blizzard sure loves taking hardcore raiders' fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •