Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A needed change, but from what I've heard, a bit of an overkill. A 30% - 40% increase would have been enough.

But still, when I'm leveling and see people at max level after a few hours, it just makes me angry. Can't explain why, it just does. Somehow makes me feel like the expansion is over, see you in two years. The vast majority DOES like leveling in new areas and experiences new quests. They game can not be catered to those few hardcore raiders who don't (even many of then do).

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    @therayeffect and @Turvakapsu
    I really don't know what to say to you, I'm not trying to persuade you to enjoy the questing experience, but if you don't enjoy it and only play the game for the competitive edge of having done things first, you might want to try to find another game or hobby all together, and I can't recommend any since I nor anyone I know is so competitive they must be anal about everything that opposes their success. If you want to set a record that will show up when any random person searches on the leaderboards, you can always bite your lip while you level then bust your ass in challenge mode all day long - or you can try other games like FPS such as Call of Duty, or any generic racing game that can be played online (off topic: Mario Kart Wii is still a competitive game that is still setting world records in time trials and continues to have tournaments).

Really, I'm trying to be doing being pissed off, but now you've just made it apparent to me that you guys are super hard core which implies that you are elitists about every aspect of the game. I should be ignoring you both and passing this off as just few people who will QQ then quit the game 1 month after every expansion, return for a patch then quit 1 month after that just so that they can have their fill of the game and say they did that and this -- I'm really just sick of it. These types of people are the defining points of the stereotypical WoW gamer that every normal person who has a life looks down upon with shame because they have spent hours in front of the computer ignoring real life and becoming lazy bums bound to go nowhere in life.

Its late, I'm going to bed and I'm never going to read this news post again. Bye.
    Hilarious. You basically flip-flopped on your arguments but whatever. See what's so annoying to me is that you casuals just don't get it. There ISN'T anything else. And there WON'T be anything else. Blizzard has the market for "HARDCORES" cornered and that's why they aren't doing anything for us. This is why we stick around and complain to Blizzard. I destroyed Inferno mode in Diablo 3 prenerf and I dragged my feet. I'll never understand the "true casual" and how they like to just sort of derp around. It doesn't make sense to me. I have fun competing because it's what challenges my mind. You know what's even crazier? I'm not really even that good. I don't want to take your fun, that's what Blizzard did to us Hardcores and I'd much rather not have that happen to you guys. That's why I suggested the lvl 90 button. It would make leveling OPTIONAL so I don't have to do it and yet would let those who like to do it, still be able to do it.

"You're forcing people to grind the rep to exalted multiple times if you require exalted with the rep to use the mount. If you make the mounts all BoA and don't require the exalted rep on a toon to use said mount, I'd be fine. But until a decision regarding that is made, I'm 10000000000% against this system. On top of this, you made the new dragons mounts require the skill you get from hitting Exalted. There's ANOTHER thing you HAVE to grind to exalted on ALL your toons if you intend to use one of the best looking mounts in game that you ALREADY had to grind to get. It's just ridiculous. You keep talking about choices, but when it comes to rep, A. Not Account Wide. B. You do it this way, or you don't get to do it at all."

Wait... why is this suddenly an issue now? Hasn't this been the case the ENTIRE GODDAM TIME this game has been around? You want to use faction mount on a toon, be it your main or alt, rep grind to it. Nothing new about that... but I guess it's suddnely a HUGE problem for this dude lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    Love how the gear in those screenshots dont look even close to how bad those models actually look in game.
    New models. Hopefully they'll let people actually obtain the updated versions.

Comparing them to the old ones is a pretty good way to see how they've improved the quality of art since the game came out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Why the fuck did they increase the leveling xp?
    You misunderstand. They lowered the amount of leveling exp for the beta test so people could more quickly test all the new content. These are the amounts that they're meant to be at for live. They did the same thing during the Cataclysm beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Wait... why is this suddenly an issue now? Hasn't this been the case the ENTIRE GODDAM TIME this game has been around? You want to use faction mount on a toon, be it your main or alt, rep grind to it. Nothing new about that... but I guess it's suddnely a HUGE problem for this dude lol.
    Except mounts are account-bound now, so there is no need to grind to exalted on several toons for that
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    "You're forcing people to grind the rep to exalted multiple times if you require exalted with the rep to use the mount. If you make the mounts all BoA and don't require the exalted rep on a toon to use said mount, I'd be fine. But until a decision regarding that is made, I'm 10000000000% against this system. On top of this, you made the new dragons mounts require the skill you get from hitting Exalted. There's ANOTHER thing you HAVE to grind to exalted on ALL your toons if you intend to use one of the best looking mounts in game that you ALREADY had to grind to get. It's just ridiculous. You keep talking about choices, but when it comes to rep, A. Not Account Wide. B. You do it this way, or you don't get to do it at all."

They've removed all rep tabards and you don't get rep in dungeons. It's a super grind now and not just "oh level my alt as a tank or healer with X tabard on". Shiny mounts are optional so I don't know why that poster is getting so bent out of shape. It's annoying for sure but if you really want a shiny mount just do the grind then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You misunderstand. They lowered the amount of leveling exp for the beta test so people could more quickly test all the new content. These are the amounts that they're meant to be at for live. They did the same thing during the Cataclysm beta.
    Indeed. Furthermore, the current beta XP led to silly side effects, such as dinging in Townlong steppes. If you want to unlock most dailies (e.g. Klaxxi) you need to progress in Dread Wastes. So you will end up doing the zone anyway
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    New models. Hopefully they'll let people actually obtain the updated versions.

Comparing them to the old ones is a pretty good way to see how they've improved the quality of art since the game came out, though.

The reason I was shocked by this is because the amount of time to level was already about the same as it was in Cata. They're gonna make us level the same amount of time as friggen Wotlk now. That shit was unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Indeed. Furthermore, the current beta XP led to silly side effects, such as dinging in Townlong steppes. If you want to unlock most dailies (e.g. Klaxxi) you need to progress in Dread Wastes. So you will end up doing the zone anyway
    I struggled to level in Townlong Steppes... I don't get how you guys think all this stuff was so quick. Part of it might of been that the cage quest to rescue some wardens or w/e was bugged. Still though. I took 22 or 23 hours to level on Beta. That's FOREVER. I've spent less time clearing raids in the last month than that for crying out loud.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2012-08-11 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    They're gonna make us level the same amount of time as friggen Wotlk now. That shit was unbearable.
    It was the most amazing time in wow for many, including me. Ah that morning when I first entered Dragonblight and heard that wonderful wintry piano music!

Deleted
    Apparently the opiinions of the ''I don't want to level'' are worth more than the ''I enjoy levelling'' going by their argument. Is that extra hour or two really going to cause you to have a temper tantrium? You're going to quest at 90, be it for rep, or gear as it is.

By all means, tell yourself that all you care about is raiding, but if that's true, then no doubt you'll be gearing, and farming cash, and getting rep. All of that can be done while levelling too. I don't see the big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I struggled to level in Townlong Steppes... I don't get how you guys think all this stuff was so quick. Part of it might of been that the cage quest to rescue some wardens or w/e was bugged. Still though. I took 22 or 23 hours to level on Beta. That's FOREVER. I've spent less time clearing raids in the last month than that for crying out loud.
    Where did I say that it was quick? And 22 or 23 hours is not forever. It's longer than Cata, for sure, but it's between 4 and 5 hours per level which is not unreasonable.
    MMO player

There's always a so-called hardcore gamer around to cry like a baby when things actually get harder. Isn't the point of being hardcore being able to deal with hard stuff? Oh, the irony.

-We clear every hardcore tier in the first week, what a joke.
    Tier 11 comes
    -OMG i got so burnout, tier is not over after months

-We have nothing to do besides raiding, what a joke
    New ways to earn valor points introduced
    -OMG now i have to play this game 24/7 to even be ready to raid

-Leveling is such a joke, max level in less than one day
    XP increased
    -OMG taking more than 24hours to level is such a nightmare yada yada

This kind of people...they're not hardcore. They're just miserable, whatever the state of the game is.

20% less xp to level 10-39? What, so now it takes four quests to level instead of five? That bracket is freaking ridiculously fast as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by nemspy View Post
    20% less xp to level 10-39? What, so now it takes four quests to level instead of five? That bracket is freaking ridiculously fast as it is.
    Yeah I agree, it's already impossible to finish a zone without doing grey quests in that level range, it makes no sense to nerf that...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    There's always a so-called hardcore gamer around to cry like a baby when things actually get harder. Isn't the point of being hardcore being able to deal with hard stuff? Oh, the irony.

-We clear every hardcore tier in the first week, what a joke.
    Tier 11 comes
    -OMG i got so burnout, tier is not over after months

-We have nothing to do besides raiding, what a joke
    New ways to earn valor points introduced
    -OMG now i have to play this game 24/7 to even be ready to raid

-Leveling is such a joke, max level in less than one day
    XP increased
    -OMG taking more than 24hours to level is such a nightmare yada yada

This kind of people...they're not hardcore. They're just miserable, whatever the state of the game is.
    For the thousandth time, grinding isn't hard. That's why I hate it. It's mind-numbingly boring. You blind nostalgia peeps need to take off your glasses and actually read what I type. I loved tier 11 and the heroics. I play a Rogue. I actually got to play my goddamn class and push buttons that I forgot how to use again. Shit was glorious. The problem with the valor isn't that I have to do shit, it's that I have to do mostly boring easy ass shit like dailies. Over and over and OVER again. I like that leveling is currently a joke, because I can't fucking stand it.

You nostalgia peeps need to learn that Grinding != hard. It's a really simple concept to understand.

Deleted
    55% incr for XP for EACH level is a bit of an overkill. 25-30% would be enough so you could do most quests in a zone for the Dailies for each faction, gather some quest rewards (gear) and actually see increase the XP bar. 55% increase will make the bar NOT move at all.
    A lot of people seem to forget on the Beta you were RESTED formaybe 2 levels or more, which made the XP gain from monsters double. Since you had a lot of kill quests or kill mobs to get to quests; you gain a lot of XP. Take away that Rested part and leveling will take 30% more. + the 55% increase on XP needed to get a level up. We're looking at a "16h if you know the quests from the beta", to a "25h if you know the quests from the beta". Not even talking about those who didn't level up on the beta and don't know where to go or don't know how to use quest objects. For CASUAL players (which is 85% of the playerbase or even more) it will take a WEEK to level up, then TRY to grab some gear for the world events and HOPE you can get enough gear to start doing other things, (since casuals do LFFacerollRaid).
    We all know there are 2 kinds of people in this game; 1 raiders (being it hardcore or just casual) who dislike leveling since the endgame = raiding for them (same for those who do PVP). and 1; socials/casuals: who just level alts and keep leveling since they enjoy that part of the game.
    Although maybe 85% of the playerbase is the 2nd of my examples, this game was made for ENDGAME experience, quests were made for the Lore and make you level up. Why would you slow down the Endgame part by making leveling last 55% longer...
    Those who enjoy questing etc; even if you reach maximum level you can do the quests, but for those who dislike leveling, why FORCE them to do ALL the quests in a zone, instead of those which are needed for the reputations or rewards ? You want to do quests; do them, you don't; don't be forced to..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Except mounts are account-bound now, so there is no need to grind to exalted on several toons for that
    U might not know , but they already said that some of the mounts will not be account wide , they listed some of them not long ago , and many of them are the best looking ones etc:/

Deleted
    Yes XP buff for the zones might be needed but have any of you tried leveling to 90 with the new changes now? Its near impossible with doing any dungeons. JF is ok, you ding when you do all the quests, but 86-90 is another story.

Have done all Krasarang Wilds quest, got the achievement hit 86.5, done 70% of VotFW and dinged, guess what new level, new zone. Kun'lai Summit, i should be able to ding to 88 from 87 there. Done all quests including Valley of Eternal Blossoms prequest, guess what I am 70% on the xp bar to go for Townlong and Dreadwastes.

Reading from other players who tried to level from 89 to 90, they say doing whole dreadwastes area plus the dailies, they are 20% short to ding to 90.

Surely this was not intended, if we are going to do all the quests in Pandaria and not hit 90, there is smth wrong there. The XP buff to level was needed but not with that margin, now it needs a nerf to the required XP per level or a buff to the current quest XPs..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness77 View Post
    U might not know , but they already said that some of the mounts will not be account wide , they listed some of them not long ago , and many of them are the best looking ones etc:/
    The rep mounts are all account-wide, so his point stands. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The rep mounts are all account-wide, so his point stands. ^^
    Precisely. Non-account wide mounts are (simply speaking) class-exclusive, raiding and PVP mounts, which are outside of scope of this discussion All rep-earned mounts are to our knowledge account-wide, so there is no need to grind to exalted several times. The only possible exception would be Cloud Serpents (you need to get exalted to train cloud serpent flying), but I don't know how it is handled since I never got that far on Beta.
    MMO player