Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Experience to Level Changed, Character Creation Gear, Blue Posts, Weekly Roundup

Booster Pack Giveaway, Patch 1.0.4 Targeted for end of August , 1.0.4 and Monster Affixes , Clarification on the "Increased By A Factor of Four"

Beta Experience Required to Level Changed
    The amount of experience required to level changed recently in beta, decreasing for a portion of leveling under 85 and significantly increasing with level 85 and onward. See the table below for a rough idea of the changes.

Due to the lack of people leveling in beta, it was hard to get data for some of the level ranges. If you happen to have a character in the questionable level range, be sure to check and let us know what you find!

You can get a good idea of the XP rewarded by the new quests by glancing over the various Zone Pages on WoWDB.

Level Old XP Requirement New XP Requirement
    1-9OldSame
    10-39?Old(-20%)
    40-82OldSame
    82-834,004,0002,669,000 (-33%)
    83-845,203,4003,469,000 (-33%)
    84-859,165,1004,583,000 (-50%)
    85-8610 million15.5 million (+55%)
    86-8711.6 million18 million (+55%)
    87-8814.6 million22.6 million (+55%)
    88-8917.6 million27.3 million (+55%)
    89-9021.2 million32.8 million (+55%)

Character Creation Preview Gear Updated
    The latest beta build added shoulders to some of the new gear used in the preview when selecting a class during character creation. This is not the gear that your character will get when starting the game, but the gear that is used to show you what a higher level character will look like. You can find the sets that were not updated in our original post.

Beta Class Balance Analysis
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We are changing the new Vengeance model to work on unmitigated damage. This means the number is calculated without regards to armor, stance, cooldowns, etc. The net result is that any given creature should generate the same average Vengeance for all tanks. The conversion has been reduced from 5% to 2% to adjust for this change. (This is not yet on your current build.)

concerning "imortal' buffs (such as Guardian Angel, Ardent Defender) and cooldowns that allow the tank to soak an amount of dmg that would otherwise kill him (Zen Meditation, AMS) ..

how those would affect vengeance?

a) are the "entire dmg" used in the calculation? for example the boss skill does 999k dmg, but we are able to survive that with that kind of cooldown, does it account for that 999k dmg taken, skyrocketing vengeance to heavens ?

b) only the dmg taken is used on the calculation? for example, the tank with 500k hp will take 500k dmg, but the cd/buff prevents his death, and the extra dmg (that is absorbed by the cooldown) is not accounted on the vengeance?

c) while using that kind of cooldown any dmg taken will not account on vengeance?

We're not entirely sure yet of the right call here. You could theoretically dump all your survival cooldowns in order to give your tank an AP buff. Maybe that's not worth it, or maybe it's an interesting decision to help you get through the hard phase of a fight. Obviously we wouldn't want survival cooldowns to no longer be used for survival, but I suspect that won't be the case. Try and abuse it and let us know what you find.

Just wanted to point out that for guardians and blood dks that the vengeance tooltip was not updated with the removal of the 10% max health cap. The new model is in just need the tooltip update.
    We just overlooked that tooltip and it is now fixed. There is no cap for any tank at this time.

Just confirming that with the new model, our starting jump up Vengeance (to prevent long ramp up) is: (UnmitigatedHit/3.75) * 50%
    Yeah, that calculation should work.

Have you ever considered adding a buff to heal spec DPS that is only active while the healer is not in a group/raid? Probably the same could be asked for tank specs. Then those players are not forced into a DPS spec or slower gameplay while out grinding and questing.
    The advantage of tanking when solo is supposed to be that you are very hard to kill. It's a common solo tank tactic just to pull lots of stuff at once. Similarly, healers also don't die. They might not be able to kill something in 3 GCDs, but it shouldn't take 12 either, and then they can throw a heal on themselves and go on to the next pull.

We don't want tanks and healers to do dreadful DPS when solo, and to be fair, I don't think they do. But we also don't want to see leveling guides encouraging Ret paladins or Shadow priests to swap specs just for leveling purposes.

I leveled a Resto druid as Resto through LK, and I could nuke stuff down just fine. The problems I had were with say spellcasters because I couldn't interrupt them. NPCs who could heal just kept healing themselves until they ran OOM.

If anyone feels like their healing or tanking character in the current beta build would have a lot of trouble leveling or completing daily quests while solo, please let us know.

Earlier, you mentioned that swing speeds slow down dynamically if an attack speed buff expires mid-swing. Does this also apply to temporary haste rating effects (say, a trinket proc or the elemental blast buff)? Do swings also speed up dynamically if you gain an appropriate buff mid-swing?
    Yes to all of these.

Death Knight (Forums / Skills)
    There appears to be a serious problem with DK rune regeneration in the current build. Our apologies. We will work on a solution as soon as we can.

Hunter (Forums / Skills)
    I'm noticing that the damage on improved serpent sting seems to not match a logical formula since the patch hit. The best fit I can find to explain it is that it may be using the old serpent sting formula (9.7% RAP + 2030.22) instead of the new one (8% RAP + 1620.19). Applying that and the 100% bonus from the ability description gets me within a few damage of the expected amount, but it's still slightly off.

I can't imagine this is correct, but I was hoping you could clarify if it's a bug or if the mechanics have changed and the tooltip wasn't updated. I'm getting 12615 damage from imp sting with 18528 RAP and 9.84% mastery (and no debuffs on the target).

It was indeed using the old formula for Serpent Sting’s damage in Improved Serpent Sting. This has been fixed for the next build.

Is wild quiver proc'd when ranged attacks cast? or when they impact the target? (on cast)
    When the attack successfully hits.

Can wild quiver proc from an attack that misses or is dodged? (yes)
    No.

Does a wild quiver shot qualify as a ranged attach that could recursively proc another wild quiver shot? (I would think so from the tooltip)
    No, it can’t proc from attacks that are procs themselves.

Do non-bow attacks (e.g., trinket procs) trigger wild quiver? (no)
    No.

Is murder of crows supposed to trigger wild quiver? (I thought yes but it doesn't)
    No.

Ghostcrawler look at these numbers http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html
    I think you guys kinda overshot hunter nerfs a lil don't you think? We went from being up top with Boomies and Demo locks before the nerf/patch to dead last now.

I can't debug the Simulationcraft numbers. Those guys are working very hard from what we can tell to be as accurate as possible, but when they're not, I am unable to give you explanations without a lot more information.

If you have some raid parses or something else showing hunters on the bottom, we could discuss those.

Monk (Forums / Skills)
    Is Elusive Brew on your radar? I haven't crunched the numbers but I just KNOW everyone's going to be surprised when they see how much more effective it is when you use each charge as you get them.

At first glance, everyone wants to use it like Tigereye Brew (wait till high/max stacks, use it for the burst damage), but I'm theorizing that sipping it like Mana Tea suddenly converts it into a Savage Defense clone given the rate of charges that we can gain. If we time it, we can spend the charges as we gain them (1 or 2 at a time depending on how many Elusive Brew procs) on individual melee swings, greatly improving its effectiveness in a way that probably wasn't counted on considering its previous version.

You might not have the recent change yet, where we added a 9 sec self-only cooldown to the Elusive Brew button. It is still off the GCD.

Paladin (Forums / Skills)
    Could we get Sacred Shield to stack?
    Yes, it will stack from multiple paladins. It is still limit one per paladin.

Can Sanctity of Battle affect Avenger Shield?
    Yes.

Rogue (Forums / Skills)
    Recuperate does not seem to be benefiting from PvP power.
    Percentage health increases shouldn't benefit from PvP power, since they already scale with your health pool. They were doing this in an earlier build, but we have since fixed it.

Shaman (Forums / Skills)
    Is there a possibility you can look at giving the same treatment to Earth Shield? If you are going to allow multiple Sacred Shields on a single target, (in addition to much earlier making a similar change for Beacon and Lifebloom, etc) what is the reason Earth Shield is still limited?
    We'll discuss it, but Earth Shield is really powerful.

I am 99% sure healing stream and Healing tide in some way or bugged. Before the bug where they where not geting the + 50% to water totem's they were healing for more then they are now after it was fixed. Seem's like either only geting 25% of the water totem buff or not geting the 25% to shaman heal's buff..
    No, you're right. It wasn’t getting the buff to all healing. Fixed.

Elemental Blast tooltip and intention claims 3,500 yet the buff and actual gain is still 3,000 Haste/Mastery or Crit.
    It is intended to be 3500. We can look into hotfixing it depending on when the next build will go out.

Healing Rain is currently gaining the buff from Unleashed Elements. Is this a bug?
    No, that is intended.

Warlock (Forums / Skills)
    A note for Demonology warlocks: There’s a bug in the current beta build which is preventing your Metamorphosis Melee from casting while casting other spells. You should still be able to do that, and it will be fixed for the next build.

So what's going on with Shadow Bolt? The damage it's doing isn't meshing with the spell's tooltip, or what I should be seeing when I math it all out based on my stats, and the damage it's doing is oddly consistent (26,723 to 26,724 with my current stats).
    Yeah, the tooltip was wrong. Fixed for the next build.

Destruction Warlocks are once again non competitive and it seems every expansion you try and bandage fix their dps later on and it still doesn't work out. Simulationcraft has they WAY behind not other lock specs but other classes in general. Now you would think hey not every fight is standstill perhaps they will do more on multitarget or aoe fights but.......WAY behind demo and other classes there too. We've had to deal with rain of fire (aka rain of fail) for our aoe now and there still isn't a good aoe option competitively.

Now before you say: hey on single target what if you move your spec might be better there but NOPE; destro is a nuke class and benefits least from moving around. Thus this spec has no use for ANY situation over ANY lock spec. It needs a serious fix now.

I can't debug the Simulationcraft numbers. Those guys are working very hard from what we can tell to be as accurate as possible, but when they're not, I am unable to give you explanations without a lot more information.

If you have some raid parses or something else showing [your dude] on the bottom, we could discuss those.

Also, see the excellent post above by Lokrick. Don't hold up Simcraft or any theorycrafting to unrealistic expectations. Channel your energy towards helping those guys instead. Do their numbers match what your character can achieve? Do you see anything wrong with their assumptions or calculations? Just telling us that Simcraft says you are low isn't conveying any actual information to us.

I am afraid "posts Simcraft and pouts" posts are going to be added to our drinking game.

Fel flame is really expensive that it sometimes because a struggle to even weave it into our rotation. As many have said in the past, is there any possibility to bring down the cost of fel flame a little so it won't seem so painful to cast.... especially when we are low on manner.
    Fel Flame isn't intended to be part of your single-target, stand and nuke rotation. It's for movement or quick kills.

Warrior (Forums / Skills)
    Is enrages while enraged not proc'ing more charges of Raging Blows intended?

It is for the moment at least, but we're not crazy about it. Specifically, using Berserker Rage while Enrage is up doesn't give you more rage or Raging Blow charges. The concern was that Fury would just macro Berserker Rage into every attack. With the previous design, this wasn't worth doing because once you were enraged being more enraged wasn't valuable. Now it is. It's more intuitive (and probably fun) if Berserker Rage always grants a charge, but we want Berserker Rage to be a button warriors actually use, not macro. Another option would be to put Berseker Rage on the GCD, but we thought this would feel even worse. If we become convinced warriors won't macro Berserker Rage, we'll happily revert the change.

Enough smart players have stepped up to the plate to convince us that this probably won't be a problem (in other words, that you could macro Berserker Rage but optimal play is not to), so we are going to revert this change. Berserker Rage will grant a charge of Raging Blow and rage even if you are already enraged.

As an aside, we are also going to try warrior stances off the GCD again, but with a 3 sec shared cooldown. This should allow you to shift stances for short periods without a damage loss because of the spent GCD, but not for individual attacks.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Recent Vengeance Changes
    We don't want tanks to do awesome damage just for being tanks. We want tanks to do awesome damage when they are actually tanking. That remains the governing philosophy behind the design.

Remember, Vengeance doesn't exist to give tanks something fun to do. It exists solely to make sure tank threat stays high when DPS characters are gearing for higher DPS while the tanks gear primarily for survival. Tanks only need to generate high threat when they are tanking, and typically threat is the most important on the most dangerous opponents, which also tend to be those who hit the hardest.

As an aside, if I was able to design WoW solely for me, threat would still be an important stat to gear for. Raiders would scoff at tanks who stacked only Stamina as being bad tanks because they couldn't hold aggro. It was fun for me back in BWL to try to generate higher threat than the warlocks. I don't think it was that fun for the warlocks though. I don't think it was that fun for the rest of the raid when I screwed up e.g. my Heroic Strike use and caused us to wipe without them feeling like they could do anything to resolve the situation except stop DPS. Fortunately, I recognize that WoW would have far fewer players if I got to design it totally around what I find fun.

It would be nice if your successful Taunt granted some Vengeance.
    We're toying with that idea. It would be a percent of Vengeance of the character you taunted off of, not just free AP.

The scenario we want to avoid is Tank A is tanking, and Tank B taunts off, but then avoids three boss hits in a row. The boss is likely to go back to Tank A. The avoidance wouldn't be a problem if it came later on, because we average things out, but if it happens early on, we have nothing to average.

You could have solved that if you just gave everyone threat drops. Why would that have been such a problem? Even now I run into bad thanks that can't hold threat off my Warrior or DK, and I have to sit there doing nothing because one special attack will rip threat.
    I don't think that really solves the problem. If dumping your cooldown regularly was necessary then it would almost become part of your DPS rotation which doesn't seem like it's adding much gameplay. If dumping your cooldown was something you only did when the boss turned to attack you, then it would still be really sub-optimal to have the boss always bolting around, cleaving, breathing or whatever else to the group. I think you'd still just want to keep the boss on the tank and have the raid do slow DPS.

And lastly, Threat being fun back in Vanilla (and it was) was only possible because the dungeons required you to understand and react to it.
    I'm not sure it was fun in vanilla. It was fun for me because I was a tank. I see mostly tanks say it was fun. I haven't seen too many DPS players say it was fun to try not to do so much DPS that they caught up with the tank.

I know "scaling" is the fall guy for just about anything, and it's the most over (and wrongly) used word on the forums...
    Totally agree with that. The rest of your post was good too, but I believe we have fixed the differing mitigation problem.

I think I started writing a reply to the Vengeance topic earlier, but I deleted it. Just didn't seem like my voice would matter, because I'm fairly sure I come down on the opposite side of Blizz in regard to the topic of Tank damage. My feeling is low Tank damage is one of the contributing factors to the insufficient Tank supply and that many Tanks would enjoy doing much higher damage.
    "Every voice matters." I disagree with you a little about tank shortage. I think it is almost entirely because tanks have a lot of responsibility to set the pace of things, know the boss mechanics and often even have to explain them to others.

This game has spectacular framework and is bar none the best game I have played, however sometimes I feel like you really don't understand what we find fun.
    A little off topic, but I would argue that perhaps you don't realize that some players find fun things that you don't find fun.

1) Tanks need a way to scale up their threat output as DPS gear up into threat stats only while tanks take primarily defensive stats (even in this new active mitigation model it seems).

2) The current versions of vengence on both live and beta have similar problems and quirks that make it "not fun" to quest in a tank spec, or to have to deal with tank swaps.

One hundred percent agree that point 1 is important. That was the genesis of Vengeance. We don't think tanks need high damage in order for questing to be fun, and you can even argue that it's not important for tanks to be good at questing. (I'm not arguing that specifically, but I don't think it's a hard argument to make.) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Upcoming Beta Hotfixes
    Update on this issue: We'll be applying a hotfix overnight that should fix the Death Knight rune regen issues, and also should address the odd "phasing" issues that were present throughout testing today. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Launcher Now Downloading Data For MoP Update
    I'm just popping in here to confirm that the background download for Mists of Pandaria content has begun. It's like September 25 is getting closer every day... (!)

By the way, answers to a lot of common questions about the Blizzard Background Downloader can be found here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...downloader-faq

It's a good read for troubleshooting and general information.

any info as to the end of the pvp season ?
    We'll notify you (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Mists Of Pandaria Leveling Speed
    FYI, instance leveling is very very slow compared to questing, so much so there has been numerous amounts submitting bug / feedback reports regarding the XP gained.
    The developers haven't done yet the final pass on experience balance for the beta. So some dungeons, quests, etc might feel off. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Conveniences and Things to Do In WoW
    You're forcing people to grind the rep to exalted multiple times if you require exalted with the rep to use the mount. If you make the mounts all BoA and don't require the exalted rep on a toon to use said mount, I'd be fine. But until a decision regarding that is made, I'm 10000000000% against this system. On top of this, you made the new dragons mounts require the skill you get from hitting Exalted. There's ANOTHER thing you HAVE to grind to exalted on ALL your toons if you intend to use one of the best looking mounts in game that you ALREADY had to grind to get. It's just ridiculous. You keep talking about choices, but when it comes to rep, A. Not Account Wide. B. You do it this way, or you don't get to do it at all.
    I believe all of the faction mounts are account wide.

Our basic philosophy is that you don't have to get exalted to earn the best gear. Earning revered, even with every faction, isn't that daunting for someone who wants to log in and play regularly. Exalted is about prestige and vanity rewards, of which are best are often mounts. We want those mounts to take some amount of effort but they also aren't something you "need" in the game in order to do other content. I don't think it will be a brutal grind, and ideally you'll have fun along the way, but at the end of the day we want the game to be about playing to earn rewards, not just earning rewards, if that makes sense.

This is further reinforced by removing 310% flight from What a Long Strange Trip it's Been. If I spend an entire year getting the achievements on multiple toons (because I don't want cooking or fishing on one toon for instance), then I should get it on all toons. You guys told us LESS THAN A YEAR AGO that 310% was indeed a perk for WALSTIB. So a lot of people have been working towards it since then BECAUSE you told us.
    We had to change that design though in order to allow account-wide mounts, which we suspected would be an even more popular feature. With account-wide mounts, every alt you ever made would have 310% flying for free had we not made that change. We want playing an alt to be about playing an alt, and not having that alt immediately as powerful as your main (though there certainly are a lot of shortcuts).

When players start getting forced to play every single day just to keep pace, you no longer have a game, you have a job.
    I agree with that overall, but the definition of "forced" is pretty slippery. Some players might feel forced to play because they really, really want a nice mount.

I fundamentally believe, though there is a fair bit of data to back it up, that players lose interest when they can no longer progress their character. There are two main ways you can fail to progress. One is that you finish everything and there is nothing else to do. The other is that the tasks you want to do feel so insurmountable that you lose the urge to try. The former can be a problem if content is too gated and players are held back too often. The latter can happen when encounters feel impossible or the grind seems never ending. The challenge is to strike the right balance where players who can't play a lot feel like they aren't falling far behind, but players who want to play a lot feel like they have something to do. We can't cater to either extreme and just dismiss the other.

Those players who are complaining about nothing to do have plenty to do. Their problem is they aren't doing it. They are generally focused on one type of content (usually raiding) to the exclusion of all other. When they run out of new raid content, when they've received all the loot they want, they sit there and complain about nothing do it.

They could be going back to do the existing faction dailies but they don't. They could be farming old content for fun and maybe items to sell on the AH for transmog but they don't. They could be questing to experience the lore and storylines that have changed since the release of WoW, and especially in the Old World zones for Cata, but they don't. They could be engaging in Archaeology or fishing but they don't. They could be doing Arena or rated BGs with friends, but they don't.

Their complaints are all based on not having enough of one specific type of content when WoW is home to multiple types.

There is always more to do in the game if you look for it. Theoretically, I could tell a player that they could organize a huge roleplaying event on their server, or try to kill every boss in the game in one day, or try to /hug every NPC in Kalimdor, but that may not be anything they are interested in. Players are actually fantastic at creating their own fun -- just look at stuff like the Ironman challenge. But again, that's not going to appeal to everyone.

One of the challenges we have with maxing out professions or completing achievements or leveling alts or playing BGs is that players have done it all before. Sure, with a new expansion they'll have an opportunity to do some of that content again, and if we're lucky some of it will feel fresh, but overall we think we need to offer new plays to play as well. Then, we also have to structure the reward system in such a way that goal-oriented players are interested in pursuing that content in order to earn those rewards. That is ultimately how the endgame of MoP came to be designed.

We understand the concern from players with many alts that while Valor of the Ancients provides a form of Valor catch up for alts, that we could stand to have a Faction catch up for alts. That's a reasonable request and something we will investigate.

To state our philosophy very simply, leveling four characters should require a lot more work than leveling one character, but there is no reason it needs to take four times as long. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Content Difficulty and Consumption Speed
    extra mechanics. take rogues and druids, stealth through the dungeon. take a shaman healer, use Symbosis or whatever on him / her, they get stealth. run through the dungeon and kill crap. That's basically your extra mechanics.
    Except for the fact that there're requirements through the challenge dungeons that force you, among other things, to kill a set number of creatures on the dungeon to complete the objective, so ignoring pulls won't net you anything.

Also, you want challenging content, and your answer to that challenging content is that, rather than doing it you'd just stealth through it...

Why should "bud" have similar rewards than those that dedicate alot more time into mastering the game? Its like paying for a vacation while the next gets maybe a day less of the same vacation but has to pay alot less. I would feel like getting kicked in the balls.
    Except he doesn't. Hardcore raiders have heroic titles, heroic only bosses/bosses with heroic only phases, heroic mounts, achievements for those heroic kills. "Bud" wouldn't get that on the LFR.

Curiosity: Initially this mode appealed to me. And then it dawned. Let's say I make my A-team for this, run through it, get gold. What reason is there to go back? In other words, what is the replay value of this extra mode (rehashed nonetheless)?
    If noone on your realm ever beats your time, none. If you don't care about getting to the top of the table for that dungeon in your realm, none.

In the other hand, if you want to show that your team is simply the best, you'll probably keep going back many times, as with gear normalization there's just no other way to do it faster than through improving efficiency.

How hypocritical of you, as always. Challenge mode's purpose is to finish the dungeon as fast as possible. That means that any way to do it is to be taken into account in order to do it asap.
    If you go out of your way (not you, specifically) to ask for challenging content and speak about how much you love challenging, difficult content, but then proceed to say that you'd just skip the pulls in those dungeons, then something doesn't add up. Because in fact, what you'd be doing by skipping pulls, is making your way through difficult content by just not fighting it, which doesn't sound (at least to me) like actually wanting to face challenging content.

Honestly for challenge modes I was just expecting and wanting really tough bosses/pulls. Not arcade style speed runs.
    I'll reiterate it again: Challenge mode is tuned higher than Heroic, there's additional pulls and mechanics, and there's a criteria you need to fulfill (similar to Scenarios) in order to complete the challenge. In that criteria there's a number of creatures to be defeated inside that dungeon. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Legendary Items
    I feel like there is a lack of legendary items. Obviously this is because they are meant to be super rare and I understand this...Keep them very hard to get and taking the majority of the expansion to farm for.
    Would the legendaries just end up as 'the' weapons to have for each class though? To the point where people wouldn't be considered for guilds/raids unless they have it, assuming the updated stats were as good as they were originally. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Suggestion: White-Worgen
    It’s a cool idea and we might consider it for the future, although right now, we don’t really have any plans to implement additional worgen color options. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Paladin (Forums / Skills)
    Retribution Changes
    The easiest way to handle this is to tell us:

What was your damage before?
    What is your damage now?
    What do you think your damage should be?
    Is someone beating you that you think should not be?

Numbers are going to go up and numbers are going to go down until launch, and possibly after. It's going to be an exhausting few weeks if every number change we do launches threads that I'd characterize as "Don't nerf me bro."

also about all those damage reductions do you guys do that incrementally while testing or reduce damage now and test later??? Seems to me it's more of a nerf everything now and do testing exclusively later then if it doesn't work bring it back! Correct me if I'm wrong on this!
    No, we do a lot of testing and agree on which specs need to come up or down and then figure out the best strategy to adjust that damage. We are doing more across-the-board buffs or nerfs these days (or hitting passives) since we aren't in most cases trying to change priorities or rotations, just hitting overall DPS.

A really typical situation for us to be in at this stage in development is that DPS gradually crept up because inflated damage numbers were covering up for a lot of bugs. Now that those bugs are all getting fixed, and now that things like underpowered talents, glyphs, set bonuses and the like have been adjusted, then DPS has inched up for almost everyone. At this point we have nerfed almost every class except rogues and Feral druids, who just happened to be pretty close to our target numbers already. (I'm guessing Arms will be okay or need buffs, but we're not there yet.)

No, not really. That's why you need numbers. Which you still didn't give. What does middle-of-the-pack dps mean in the context of beta? What if the top half are all the untuned specs?
    Yeah. And if middle of the pack is offensive, then who exactly should be middle of the pack? Healers? Then who is at the bottom?

The danger of displaying DPS in a stack rank (which is what World of Logs and most sites do, as wonderful as they are overall) is that it's a stack rank. If you're middle of the pack but the guy on top is 200 DPS ahead of you, that's not really a difference, though it can be arresting when displayed visually.

I'm not trying to sound patronizing, but a strategy we use is to divide things into buckets. Look at the bars that are close together and put those into buckets. If the Shadow priest, Ret paladin and Enhance shaman bars are all close together, then put them into a bucket and call that "high dps" even if the Ret is above the shaman. If the next series of bars looks noticeably smaller, cluster those together and call them "medium dps." There might be one bucket or there might be 5-6, but even in a 25-player raid you don't often see 25 buckets.

That's YOUR job and YOUR job only to ensure all classes are on an even plane. It's our job to report our findings with the class we play. This isn't a "Don't nerf me bro." thread idiot.
    Are we calling each other names now? That could be fun. Tragically, I have moderators on my side, so I'll probably win.

We're totally comfortable doing our jobs. We have targets for DPS and we strive to hit them. We also appreciate feedback from the community and we give you an opportunity to point out potential problems. However, if you want to convince us that we need to change our numbers, the burden of proof is on you. We're not going to seek permission from the community to balance the game the way it needs to be balanced.

You said "Damage before was higher than damage now." Yes, we know. We nerfed the damage. Is it too low now? Why? By how much? What's your argument? If anyone could just post on the forums "My damage is too low now," and we had to buff based on that, we'd be in an interesting (but perhaps very entertaining) situation.

HoW being usable throughout AW is a key Paladin attribute.
    We think using Hammer of Wrath during Avenging Wrath was a fun change for paladins that made wings more than just a percent increase to all damage. I'm not sure we would immediately buff Hammer of Wrath if we left it only as an execute. I understand that Execute and Shadow Word: Death are fun, but we don't really want Hammer of Wrath to be a mirror of those abilities. We have enough mirrored abilities already.

I can appreciate that it's a change you would make if you were in my shoes. I fully acknowledge that this is a very subjective business. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warrior (Forums / Skills)
    Double Time Changes
    Double Time works like Roll or DK runes. We are still struggling a little bit with how to describe the "charge" mechanic, which works fairly intuitively once you play with it. We're really trying to avoid "Your Charge has two charges."

(We heard you liked Charge, so you can charge while you Charge....) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Raid Testing Schedule - August 10-13
    If you are interested in the raids and not in beta, check back this weekend during testing, as we will have streams up throughout the testing period.
    Over the next few days, we will be testing quite a number of raid encounters.

Each encounter should be available at approximately the listed times below for all Beta Test Realms, regardless of suggested geographical region.

Friday, August 10th
    Feng the Accursed (Mogu'shan Vaults) - 25 Player Heroic
    10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)

Blade Lord Ta'yak (Heart of Fear) - 25 Player Normal
    12:00 PDT (15:00 EDT, 21:00 CEST)

Garalon (Heart of Fear) - 25 Player Heroic
    13:30 PDT (16:30 EDT, 22:30 CEST)

Elegon (Mogu'shan Vaults) - 25 Player Normal
    16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

Saturday, August 11th
    Wind Lord Mel'jarak (Heart of Fear) - 25 Player Heroic

Protectors of the Endless (Terrace of Endless Spring) - 25 Player Heroic

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder (Mogu'shan Vaults) - 25 Player Heroic
    13:30 PDT (16:30 EDT, 22:30 CEST)

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok (Heart of Fear) - 25 Player Heroic
    15:00 PDT (18:00 EDT, 24:00 CEST)

Sunday, August 12th
    Amber-Shaper Un'sok (Heart of Fear) - 25 Player Heroic

Spirit Kings (Mogu'shan Vaults) - 25 Player Heroic

Tsulong(Terrace of Endless Spring) - 25 Player Heroic
    14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)

Monday, August 13th
    Stone Guard (Mogu'shan Vaults) - 25 Player Heroic

Will of the Emperor (Mogu'shan Vaults) - 25 Player Heroic
    13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)

Lei Shi (Terrace of Endless Spring) - 25 Player Heroic
    16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a beta environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session or cancel it entirely, due to bugs, builds, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Given the breadth of this testing session, it's perhaps more likely than usual that one of these sessions will need to be rescheduled or switched to a different boss. We'll keep this thread updated with any such modifications.

European World of Warcraft Invitational at gamescom 2012
    It’s time to see which arena team reigns supreme in the 2012 European World of Warcraft Invitational at gamescom!

Discover the intense thrill of 3v3 arena combat as you watch eight of the best World of Warcraft arena teams in Europe duke it out to determine the top dog. See as players like Khuna, Braindeadly, and Hoty fight epic battles for a piece of the $30,000 USD prize pool, with the top two teams moving on to represent Europe at the Battle.net World Championship in China!

With ReDeYe hosting the tournament and Azael and Conradical casting the matches, you’re sure to be on the edge of your seat every second.

You can see the action starting at 10:00 CEST on Sunday, August 19 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. The tournament will take place at the Turtle Entertainment booth and be streamed live on the big screens at the Blizzard booth.

If you’re not able to make it to gamescom in person, don’t worry – you can check out the free 720p ESL stream online. No matter which way you choose to watch, you won’t want to miss the electrifying battles as these pros compete for glory.

Click here for more information on Blizzard’s activities at gamescom 2012, or visit the official gamescom site for info on the event.

Evil Geniuses Hosts World of Warcraft Invitational
    If you missed the Curse King of the Hill WoW Invitational, there is still more PvP for you to watch this weekend! Evil Geniuses has a tournament with $2,000 in prizes that will be cast by EG.Azael and Conradical, taking place on the Arena Pass Realm. It starts at 3 PM EDT on August 11 and 12, so be sure to watch if you are interested in PvP!

Curse Weekly Roundup
    Pico is here again with news about Uncharted, DayZ, Minecraft, Google's new Nexus 7 tablet, Konami, and Sound Shapes!

Last edited by chaud; 2012-08-12 at 06:47 PM.

Unconfirmed Reports

Level Old XP Requirement New XP Requirement
    80-81SAMESAME
    82-834,004,0002,669,000 (-33%)
    83-845,203,4003,469,000 (-33%)
    84-859,165,1004,583,000 (-50%)
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-08-11 at 06:07 PM.

That was unexpected... (the XP change)

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wish they -would- give us the creation gear from those screenshots... and not make them soulbound.

Not sure of what to think about the XP changes.
    Last edited by Melilithia; 2012-08-11 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    That was unexpected... (the XP change)
    How so? They did the same XP increase of the new levels before cata went live.

What's wrong with not having to spend so much time on leveling? :S I like the option of having a few zonefuls of quests to do for money when I'm 90. This change is utterly ridiculous and unnecessary unless they intend on increasing mob and quest XP by equal amounts. I can accept it if it was made to prevent dailies from old expansion (since they ARE removing the cap) from giving you half a level worth of XP.

Love how the gear in those screenshots dont look even close to how bad those models actually look in game.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The MoP boss fights look hard and fun! Yes I know its on Hardmode but still. From what I've seen so far has been very nice and I can't wait to get into the new raid content!!!

Increase in XP needed to level, no thanks D:

Quote Originally Posted by Namana View Post
    How so? They did the same XP increase of the new levels before cata went live.
    Plus you could get from 85 - 90 in two days questing an that was without the xp guild perks. Im a very slow leveler compared to some of my friends. (Especially questing cause i hate it sooooo much)

Increase in XP needed to level, no thanks D:
    It was needed, leveling felt way to fast.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-08-11 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Good, leveling above 85 was too fast. Often you missed a lot of quests because you dinged and left for the next zone.

Also, take a good look at the highlighted player posts from the consumption and ret thread, f***ing whiny babies.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-08-11 at 07:58 AM.

Hm, nothing about "blizzard got hacked" ?

It might relate to WoW for american customers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Hm, nothing about "blizzard got hacked" ?

It might relate to WoW for american customers as well.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ecurity-Update !

The xp change is a good thing, I felt that leveling between 85 and 90 was too fast.

This is a change I am glad to see. Personally, I think that 85-90 should take as long as the 60-70 or the 70-80 did.

You only level your main character once. And for some of us, we like it to actually feel like a journey and not something we knocked out in 12 hours.

Why the fuck did they increase the leveling xp? If this is intended to make live I'm seriously going to be so burnt out from this game by like day 1 it's not even funny. Why Blizzard? I don't care about fucking questing at all. No one fucking does. If I could pay 10 dollars to magically be lvl 90 I would do it and I'm pretty tight with my money. Fuck man it was ALREADY slow as shit and now it's even slower. Fuck questing. Out of all the questing I've ever done in every MMO I maybe liked *FOUR* of them. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. I hope it's just a way to test the zones fully. Those few people who do actually like questing can go through the whole zones now and make sure everything works. *crosses fingers*

Deleted
    Why the fuck did they increase the leveling xp? If this is intended to make live I'm seriously going to be so burnt out from this game by like day 1 it's not even funny. Why Blizzard? I don't care about fucking questing at all. No one fucking does. If I could pay 10 dollars to magically be lvl 90 I would do it and I'm pretty tight with my money. Fuck man it was ALREADY slow as shit and now it's even slower. Fuck questing. Out of all the questing I've ever done in every MMO I maybe liked *FOUR* of them. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. I hope it's just a way to test the zones fully. Those few people who do actually like questing can go through the whole zones now and make sure everything works. *crosses fingers*
    hmm...There's a problem with your last sentence ("Those few people who do actually like questing can go through the whole zones now and make sure everything works. ") An important word is missing Which can be found in all your other sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Good, leveling above 85 was too fast. Often you missed a lot of quests because you dinged and left for the next zone.
    Exactly. When leveling on beta, I ended up doing like 5 quests in Kun-Lai Summit before moving on. It wasn't like I did all of the quests in Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds either, I skipped a ton of those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixy View Post
    hmm...There's a problem with your last sentence ("Those few people who do actually like questing can go through the whole zones now and make sure everything works. ") An important word is missing Which can be found in all your other sentences.
    I'm guessing the word starts with an F? Ugh this is so stupid, I hate questing and it was slow as hell already when I did beta.

I seriously hope Blizz allows us to get that start screen gear somehow. I really dig those models.