Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by diamount View Post
    I understand increasing the XP required to level through 85-90 but why 80-85? That's old content and leveling through the linear cataclysm zones again will want to gouge my eyeballs out.
    I thought 80-85 exp was reduced?

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I thought 80-85 exp was reduced?
    Just 83-85. Levels 81 & 82 remained unchanged. Still, it's a step in the right direction for making it easier to level through the Cataclysm content.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    I read that as if you were talking to me in an extremely sarcastic voice. That's not very nice my friend. I hate questing and leveling. If you guys who like it want to do it, that's fine. Do it when you're 90 or on alts. I don't want to do it, I want to be 90 as fast as possible so I can get to doing what I do like and that's raiding.
    well then it looks as if you choose the wrong kind of game to play. might i suggest you find something else that is to your liking, because there is 0% chance that your wishes will ever be granted in the MMORPG genre.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Just 83-85. Levels 81 & 82 remained unchanged. Still, it's a step in the right direction for making it easier to level through the Cataclysm content.
    I see . It makes sense imho, 80-82 in heirlooms never were that much of a problem

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    It's not bad for developers if they can assign a cost to not running certain parts of content like therayeffect proposed. Leveling content has nothing to do with endgame, so why not keep it separate? The more choice the better and in this case it would make the publisher money and make a certain subset of the gaming populace happy.
    Yes we have a player that skips the leveling on day one and then proceeds to consume content. He is done for a week and begins to whine on how little content this game has (ignorant to the fact he chooses to ignore bigger part of it). What now? Also how big is this "certain subset of players? As far as I see it we have no bigger outlash for leveling being too long or painful. Remember the whole "not enough interest to make spending resources worthy?" Here it applies as well. If you can prove me that a meaningful group of players hates leveling in a game which bigger part of IS LEVELING then by all means...

Can someone explain to me how was it possible to ding 90 in kun-lai summit? I had instant 86 from SW quest, did all quests in valley (ended at 87 and around 2 bars) went to kunlai (ended at 88,5 with 3 bugged quests) then i went townlong steppes to 89 and like 2 bars and finished in dreadwastes with 10? quests left. Did you farm a lot of mobs in previous zones or what?

Keyboard Turner
    Fun fact here. Before the upadjusting with experience you would need a clever route, on the race to servers first. You would need to handpick your every move, and play it smart. Now you end up doing ALL quests, and you will still end up roughly 6.5m short at level 89. That means you will need to kill mobs for the last 6.5m experience, call tell if srs or trolling. Now they will probably ask us to do dundgeons for the last bit of experience needed. Yeah man thats cool - if we just level as a group, we will be 5 at level 89 ready to finish it off. Oh wait - with the increased experience required, you also need the individual monster kill experience - so you will be punished even further.

There really are two solutions to this. Either you add more quests/upadjust the experience gain - or you simply make dungeon leveling to 90 viable.

And stop ruining the game, plZ