Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    600
    cant expect good pvp from an mmo-rpg even though GW2 does pvp decently well compared to other mmorpgs i've played, (not that i've played a very large amount of mmos)

    sorry i forgot to mention that decently well does NOT mean fucking terrible and boring as shit so dont flame me because i use a word that's a bit more negative than "perfect" or "amazing"
    Last edited by Nomzter; 2012-08-12 at 07:11 PM.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    cant expect good pvp from an mmo-rpg even though GW2 does pvp decently well compared to other mmorpgs i've played, (not that i've played a very large amount of mmos)

    sorry i forgot to mention that decently well does NOT mean fucking terrible and boring as shit so dont flame me because i use a word that's a bit more negative than "perfect" or "amazing"
    Liking the photo!

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    cant expect good pvp from an mmo-rpg
    Care to explain why? Why does being an MMORPG automatically mean PvP isn't good?

  4. #84
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,892
    gw1 had some of the best pvp on the market, can't argue with that

    edit: nevermind, ignorelist says hello
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-12 at 07:59 PM.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    gw1 had some of the best pvp on the market, can't argue with that
    True that. I did MMORPG pvp in AoC, WAR, WoW, TOR and only when I started GW1 for HoM I learned what MMORPG PvP can be. Very pleasant experience and I am really looking forward to see LoL&GW2 duke it out in streaming battle.

    What's the worst that can happen to you ...

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Then you will have more whine that they should be better and balance it for other types to.
    Unlimited QQ... Better not have something than have people bitch and moan all the time bout it.
    Im sure that over time theyll add some, but tbh I like them sticking to one thing and doing it right. Just like someone said about LOL.
    That will happen EVEN if everything was perfect, but also that's partially what makes some stuff progress (and from time to time digress).
    Your "Better not have something than have people bitch and moan all the time bout it" is very flawed. People are already QQ`in (within reason and without too) about the sPvp as it is, and by your logic Anet should take it out. o.0


    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They rather specifically said that it would be better to add CTF as a secondary objective on a Conquest map, rather than making a straight-up CTF map, ya know. :P

    Which I fully agree with. Pure CTF maps devolve into deathmatch "let's all fight in the middle while two people do all the work" modes. I think the entire purpose behind ANet choosing Conquest is that they want to avoid a pvp game that is focused around deathmatch gameplay, and instead have solid objectives to work towards with your team, as it makes for more interesting gameplay.

    When you boil it down, killing the enemy is going to be the main thing that happens anyways. Why not give something that takes real strategy? Like making people fight over specific areas of the map that are the deciding factor in victory?
    The reason I don't agree with you is because even with only conquest in the sPvP right now, on random matches is still a "deathmatch", people fighting in the middle of nowhere for no reason. Not only because they don't care about the objective, but also because they find to an extent amusing and why not "fun".

    The second reason I disagree is, as you can see the same type of example, in wow. The ranked matches were if anything thoughtful in strategy, who D's, Who gets the flag, who goes where, it is still tactical. And yet on random it's a mess. And that goes for any maps, I just used one.

    The way Anet is approaching this is memorable but I dont think the last phrase of your post has that much impact, because it happens in every game, even on Gw2.
    ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Vsml View Post
    I agree with you.

    You get the same rubbish in certain MMOs, that to be honest only two or so player's are actually trying to achieve what the map is for. While everyone else is in a massive death match in the middle doing their own thing. Yeah it can be fun, but it can get very boring too, if know one else is trying to achieve the goal of the map too. Why not put something behind it and make it into a strategy to try and achieve a goal as a team too, while killing player's over specific areas of the map like you said. Get the best of both worlds.
    Same as what I replied to Drake. Various games already offers strategic ways of playing, it's probably the reason BG's were invented rather than just open world pvp. In gw2 me and you will or did see that there are alot of people fighting in the mid just because it's where the action usually is. They ignore the Guild Lords (All the games I played I saw him dead 4 times, 3 by me and 1 by an enemy team on a tourny match), not to mention treb and ppl having to solo the NPC Boss just because everyone else is at the keep or stairs having their fun. And on the tourny is where the thing gets organized, but so it happened in a ranked match in Wow.

    Now it's not to say that Gw2 doesn't encourage a better way of playing it, but that doesn't get achieved by the dev but by the players.

    -----

    My main point is simple.

    No one here is asking for an specific mode, at least I'm not (just using Flag modes because they are easy target), but asking for more diversity. I applaud the Anet decision of making conquest their primary focus on launch because it's probably the best and easier way to balance. But to neglect any other kind of mode could potentially be a negative after months of launch. Having everything run on conquest with little sides it's nice but it's still conquest, you can ignore secondary mechanics in your own right and chances are not low that you won't fail as someone brought up Eye Of The Storm, you would often 3 cap instead of 2cap and get flag.

    But anyhow. Diversity within conquest is awesome, something other games should do it way better by now, but that can only take you so long. Even if they are going for Esports, really I don't think many if ANY of us will ever even touch that, and that is not a good "excuse" for not including a bigger diversity of games, and not even the night balance is good enough to prevent players from wanting it. Some want it now, some will want it later, some will never want, but sooner or later it's even in Anet best interest to come up with something.

  7. #87
    if you have any interested in balanced and strategic gameplay, this is your game my friend

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •