Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What are your plans for the day of release? Be it the 25th or 28th!

I'm looking forward to the release, knowing my characters will remain this time. Only played one BETA weekend as I didn't want to spoil anything for myself and knowing my progress would be deleted sucks.

Me and another friend who pre-purchased are having a LAN at my house. Seeing as servers go live at 12noon in the UK we plan on playing till like 9pm, then going to get a biggg bucket of kfc, energy drinks and beer. Coming back and playing until we fall asleep. Same goes for Sunday, gonna be playing all day!

With that said, what plans do YOU have? :-)

Im gonna sleep until right before servers goes online (they come online at 8 btw in UK) then Im gonna game until I die.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2012-08-13 at 01:00 AM.

Wake up early, since headstart starts at 9 am here.

Then I'll lock my room's door and put this on my door's handle:

Watch the servers come online, then wait an hour or two to actually get online Then panic as i have to re-learn my class

Oh, and have an awesome time!

Edit: I derped and posted thinking this was WoW lol
    Last edited by Chireru93; 2012-08-12 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    you will have at least 2+ weeks to learn the new talents before MoP releases.

probably what I did for cata's release, sleep until 30 mins before servers go up, get prepared, and game till I drop! although a LAN party sounds pretty damn cool as well.
    wrong game ;D

Deleted
    I'm gonna wake up at 08.00 and wait 1 hour to 09.00 for the servers to come online and I'll take a while to create my character in the simplest detail. my asura has to look perfect!! then I'm gonna have fu**ing FUN!!

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Hop in team-speak 1 h r - 30 mins before servers open to chat it up with friends.
    2. Rush and save all my names.
    3. Remake my ranger with saved name.
    4. Completely ignore all responsibility for the next 5 hours/years.

10+ Year Old Account

probably what I did for cata's release, sleep until 30 mins before servers go up, get prepared, and game till I drop! although a LAN party sounds pretty damn cool as well.
    What? This is the GW2 forum bro, not MoP

Since the head start begins on the weekend at 1AM I guess i'll stay up and play until I get tired and play all day and night the next day. I'll have lots of ice cold water and jugs of iced tea in the mini fridge next to me to keep me going
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Im gonna sleep until right before servers goes online (they come online at 10 btw in UK) then Im gonna game until I die.
    It's 10? I just checked the website again.. it's 00;20 and it says they'll be live in 12 days, 11 hours and 39 minutes. I'm from Nottingham, so that makes it 12 to me!?

... I lol'd.

Anyways, my plans at 12:01 am on the 25th: spam log in to make characters. Ugly as sin, just make them if only to hold my names that I want. Log out. Go to bed. Wake up, go to work. Come home. Recreate characters with my saved names, as I want them to look. Enjoy the lessened rush of the starting zones now that a) servers are moderately stabilized, and b) some of the zerg has gone to bed or already moved onto harder zones. Seeing as there's not really a rush to 80, I think I'll be okay keeping this pace until my first day off (the 29th).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Same, nameholding is priority. I have four names I want, and one that I sorta want but likely wont get.

Ah well, such is life =3

I plan on spending A LOT of time making a character. Basically I want to decide on a race, I will probably make a Charr or Sylvari (maybe human). I have to look at all the animations and how they look in gear before I finalize what I am going to play as.

Wake up at 7am to reserve my name and than go to bed again until 10am and start playing!

Quote Originally Posted by kyle92 View Post
    It's 10? I just checked the website again.. it's 00;20 and it says they'll be live in 12 days, 11 hours and 39 minutes. I'm from Nottingham, so that makes it 12 to me!?
    It's at 00:00 at -7GMT, Dont feel like looking up what timezone Nottingham is but should be easy enough for you to do the conversion yourself.

Myself I'll probably be pokeing the login server constantly for at least the hour befor the servers are scheduled to go live. While 3 of my character names are reserved I have 2 different 1 word names I'd like to get if possible. I've got backups if those fail but going to try for em, have the class and appearance of those two all worked out so can make them up in a minute or so. Considering their habbit on the BWE's of haveing the servers open an hour early I'm not going to risk them pullin that and me missin a name because of it

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Drhomie View Post
    wrong game ;D
    lol oops!

oh well, as for GW2 I won't be getting it on release day, but! I hope to get it one day after I can build a decent gaming rig that can handle it on high graphics!

Deleted
    I'm going forever alone mode. None of my friends are interested. -.-

the thing i like about GW2 is no end game i am going to pvp when i can and explore i have no goal to hit as soon as a can and no need to get it as fast as i can. think skyrim but having other players to chat with in pve or just a good on war for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild has formed 5 man squads for leveling & exploring. Over 30 squads so far, our vent is going to asplode!
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is no raid testing on the 25th I'll be up right at release going for two days or until raid testing interrupts me.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)