Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Don't see any reason too. Leveling is already fairly easy and enjoyable. No reason to change it, plus they only add to per kill xp which is very minimal. Events are where the XP comes from and quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. I feel XP boosts aren't needed, as most of the endgame is available at any time, any level (past two, that is). If I do dabble into the cash shop, it'll be for bag lots/bank slots.

On my first character, no. On alts, probably.

EXP boost no. I was always set off by the idea that you could buy consumables that won't last forever in item shops. Weird stuff. I'll get bag and bank slots over time and probably a nice outfit as soon as they have one, but that's about it.

Probably not. If you can buy gems with ingame gold then there's a small chance Skelington might during a very dull period while leveling(which never really happened so far). Gonna buy neat cosmetic things and character slots though.

I always forget to use them :c

An XP staller maybe, an XP boost not likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    also may buy some of those repair canisters because I am absolutely obsessed with repairing my gear at every possible moment and if I sink some real money into repairing my gear, I might be able to convince myself to save repairing until my gear is severely damaged. That's just a personal thing to beat the 'I'm near a vendor that repairs anyway so I might as well' thing out of my head that I picked up from WoW since armour repair vendors are few and far between out in GW2 and very common in WoW.
    Y'know - I'm exactly the same...if my gear has just a scratch I have to find the nearest repair vendor...even if, realistically, it could be hours before I actually need to repair.

People running around with half missing gear because it's broken - it brings me out in a cold sweat.

I wont buy XP boosts. I never felt they were needed on the beta and I'm not in any particular rush to hit 80. If it takes me 2 weeks to max out and the boost would only have saved me a day or two I dont really see that as a benifit.

I do plan on buying one or two bank tab expansions and probably character slots as well. Char slot will probably wait till I run out of room but bank tab may happen fairly early on.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    wonder if anyone has mentioned the xp boosts can be used at lvl 80 to earn skill points for legendaries
    This is actually something I've been musing on at work. That the only reason I'd want to buy them is skill point farming for Legendaries. Not counting the obscene amount of other materials required of course >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

If they make it apply to all exp then sure, otherwise...nope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Haven't really noticed it before that you can buy 50% exp for different things. 1 of them as many of you know is 50% exp boost for like 1hour (?) for like 125 or 150 gems, I can't remember. Anyway, I wonder how many will spend money on that, or will you play normal without any kind of boost because you think it's a lot more fun and challenging and you won't rush your levels anyway so it's just a waste. That's at least what I think about it.

How about you?
    I've bought $50 worth of gems bwe3 for launch planning on spending more

none of which are going to exp boosts

what for??

seriously.. WHAT FOR?

lol

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Just so you know, I'm pretty sure the only things you get out of chests are some boosts. Didn't want you to think there was a good chance of getting hats or something :P
    The fact hats do not come from cra- I mean.. Chests.. was a crushing blow to my morale.

But yes, you get 3 tonics, a boost item and a tool which are quite useful. I'd do it if I only got one of those, I love opening crate-- Chests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't. I personally don't approve of boosts in MMO's, but I will be buying other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    This is actually something I've been musing on at work. That the only reason I'd want to buy them is skill point farming for Legendaries. Not counting the obscene amount of other materials required of course >.>
    This is quite tempting. After hitting 80 and collecting all of skill points around the world, I may buy them when I feel like I'm in a "mustfarmallthedes" mood.
    Possibly using them while clearing the world of heart quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I won't. I personally don't approve of boosts in MMO's, but I will be buying other things.
    it's not even a boost really because levelling is (easy) linear

it takes the same amount of exp to go from lvl 3-4 as it does to go from lvl 28-29

:X boosts? exp boosts?? what for?!

levelling is easy just play the game.. and it comes without even trying really

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Haven't really noticed it before that you can buy 50% exp for different things. 1 of them as many of you know is 50% exp boost for like 1hour (?) for like 125 or 150 gems, I can't remember. Anyway, I wonder how many will spend money on that, or will you play normal without any kind of boost because you think it's a lot more fun and challenging and you won't rush your levels anyway so it's just a waste. That's at least what I think about it.

How about you?
    That 50% boost is for kill xp only which is negligible source of xp so junk like that is next to useless. I would never pay money to rush xp, but in this case its even less useful since it increases 50% of a negligible amount which is still negligible.

Only thing i'm spending money on for sure is extra bag space, i got a bunch of xp boosts in the beta and had problems using them, what usually goes on with me when i get some sort of boost:

"Ok, this seems useful, i must use it when i know i'm going to kill a lot of things.. (2h go by and many mob kills later) Oh right i have this boost.. well i better save it for when i'm going to kill stuff.. (another hour goes by) Oh i still have this.. Welp, gonna use this finally i guess (spend an hour collecting crafting materials and killing maybe 10 mobs) Well crap.."

What i might actually get is karma boosts, some of the karma armor was super expensive, and if i find something cool looking i'd like to get it all at the same time and i'm not sure how much karma i would have by level 80 since i loved wasting it on any low level shiny thing i saw xD

I will (and already have) support the game quite a bit, because above any other game where I always felt like paying 15 was just an "allowance" to be able to play the game, in this case I want it to succeed by a huge deal, keep the game fresh and everything else.

I've already spent 160 dollars in gems, (60 in bwe3, and 100 at launch). In which I'll be buying character slots, bank, bag. With the rest if any, probably with dyes. Now about the boosts: At first no. When I get to my 5th char, maybe 6th I might start considering, but that entirely depends on Anet.

Experience boosts? No! Magic boosts? No! crafting boosts? No! Hair restoration boosts? If there is one yes!!! Boosts are just a lure to get you to pay money.

i'd rather get a boobies growth boost for my female chars than a xp boost... just to say