Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will you spend gems on EXP boost?

Haven't really noticed it before that you can buy 50% exp for different things. 1 of them as many of you know is 50% exp boost for like 1hour (?) for like 125 or 150 gems, I can't remember. Anyway, I wonder how many will spend money on that, or will you play normal without any kind of boost because you think it's a lot more fun and challenging and you won't rush your levels anyway so it's just a waste. That's at least what I think about it.

How about you?

I have no plans on buying xp boosts, however i will probably buy char slots and bank/bags quickly.

Deleted
    Experience boots only apply to kills unless something changed last time I checked.

Quick answer is nope. You don't need an experience boost to enjoy the game, and honestly you gain nothing to rush to maximum level in my opinion. So no. I will buy stuff on the shop but never any of the boosts because I really really don't see any point to them.

Not for my first toon, no. Leveling in this game is as much fun as I've had in a long time, I don't really want to speed it up, especially since I can jump in spvp whenever and play my toon at max from the first minute of the first day. I will be buying char and inventory slots though, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine myself doing so.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

No....u get enough from drops if u ever want them.

Deleted
    Nope, looking forward to taking my time with levelling and everything.

I'm going in to the whole thing blind too, only played a little on the Beta, trying to see what class I like the look of, still haven't even picked a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, don't think I will. There are better things to spend money on in the cash shop.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Dont think so, especially with game throwing those at you for free all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Nah, don't think I will. There are better things to spend money on in the cash shop.
    Like the Aviator Shades. And the cook outfit. But those aviator Shades.

I want them for every character of mine. XD They should give me a bulk discount and I'd buy for friends too.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I have no plans on buying xp boosts, however i will probably buy char slots and bank/bags quickly.
    Won't buy exp boosts either, and with the way you can deposit many things directly into your 'collection' most likely not bags either - still undecided on slots at the start

Deleted
    Nope, seriously doubt it. Only really going to spend on important stuff, like character slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    1. The XP boosts (as far as i know feel free to correct me) are purely from kills alone, and the majority of XP comes from DEs
    2. I will get XP boosts just playing the game anyways along with (renamed from mystic) Black lion keys
    3. i felt i leveled too fast anyway, i was easily able to reach lvl 35 in a beta event when i didnt play for the first day because i had friends over and didnt lose out on any sleep
    4. If i'm spending money on gems it'll be purely for character slots (if its too tedious to get them with ingame gold)

Deleted
    Maybe, I'm a bit impatient when it comes to leveling.
    Though if I level a norn I may only buy XP boost to get quickly to 20 so I can continue the personal story from where it left in the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll spend the same 15$ a month, as a budget.

Could be a goodie or a mount, but I would never purchase a "+X" item.

I will probably end up spending more money than I really should on dye packs.
    Not exp boosts though. Reaching the level cap doesn't seem as imperative to gameplay as it is in other MMOs, so I don't see any reason to try and rush through something I'm trying to enjoy.

Deleted
    no exp boosts for me because i dont need to care about my level in this game. can always play with friends, can always do pvp, can always do wvwvw.
    no need to be high level.

will spend my money on fun stuff and prestige (cow finisher, the random box, costumes [sunglasses yaaaay], dyes...)

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Haven't really noticed it before that you can buy 50% exp for different things. 1 of them as many of you know is 50% exp boost for like 1hour (?) for like 125 or 150 gems, I can't remember. Anyway, I wonder how many will spend money on that, or will you play normal without any kind of boost because you think it's a lot more fun and challenging and you won't rush your levels anyway so it's just a waste. That's at least what I think about it.

How about you?
    I see no point buying this, why?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I won't be spending any RL money on gems... however I do play to buy gems with gold and thus indirectly I will be spending someone's RL money on gems.

Deleted
    I don't really feel the money is worth a exp boost, you only get extra exp from kills anyway, which is a very small amount. Its more effective doing exploring/crafting/events.