Dual Monitors help

Hey everyone at MMO Champion quick question, i have 1 Monitor and i wanted to get a second Monitor for when i'm playing wow or any games so i dont have to mini my screen and watch some youtube or surf the web, but i dont know if my card can handle that, its the Gforce 550ti Gtx 2gb card

When I have gone duel screen I havent notice any performance problem, your game might lag when you are "tabbbed". But when you are in-game again its smooth. Can be wrong here
    If wow, try play "Window mode" and see if its going nice, then it should be no problem with 1 more screen for internet / movies etc

thanks chris anymore advise would be super i'm leavin for bestbuy in 2 hours

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

I have a gtx 470 and I can run 2 monitors just fine with my FPS in wow around 50 (depends on what you're doing). I'm sure a 550ti could do it, it isn't too far behind mine.
    Last edited by Alidori; 2012-08-11 at 01:19 PM.

You can play WoW in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode, and it wont minimize when going to the other monitor.
    WoW might seem a bit laggy when you're doing stuff on your second monitor, as technically you're tabbed out of WoW. But it should work fine when you get back to the game screen.

However, some YouTube vids might make WoW somewhat laggy fps-wise, especially in HD.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito Noctix View Post
    You can play WoW in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode, and it wont minimize when going to the other monitor.
    WoW might seem a bit laggy when you're doing stuff on your second monitor, as technically you're tabbed out of WoW. But it should work fine when you get back to the game screen.

However, some YouTube vids might make WoW somewhat laggy fps-wise, especially in HD.
    To fix that, hit esc - Options - Advanced, increase the max background FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Alidori View Post
    To fix that, hit esc - Options - Advanced, increase the max background FPS
    Which, to be honest, is kind of unnecessary, as that will just decrease the performance when you're working in on the second monitor. Hence why I don't use it myself. That can of course be a personal preference.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz