RIFT - the "I wish I knew that before" thread

So, I recently got into Rift as a friend had to twist my arm until it nearly snapped off to try it. I gotta say I am blown away. I have not had that feeling of I have to log in immediately after I get home from work feeling, that just run 1 more dungeon - do 1 more raid rift before I go to bed feeling in a looooong time. It's how I felt about WoW 2-3 years ago (not that longing to play a game is a good thing).

At the same time I am so noob in this game it's embarressing. This game has so much detail - so many dam things to do and know I am getting lost. I made this thread to see if there are things I am not doing I should be doing or tricks that you learned that anyone would want to know.

I'll start: RIFT's awesomeness is the best kept secret in the mmo market currently!

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post

I'll start: RIFT's awesomeness is the best kept secret in the mmo market currently!
    This is something I wish OTHER people knew before/would know by now :P

I wish I knew that the one event item Trion were going to remove was the +20 water res source machine. My first run with the guild to take down Akylios went fine, one shotted the bastard. But I believe I took quite a bit of damage with no water res. Didn't die tho, props to the healers
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

10+ Year Old Account
    soon as you hit 40 dont bothering pvping unless your a riftblade would be a good one
    trion are one of the best companys in regards to a ungodly amount of constant content and one of the few mmos i am happy to pay for a sub
    but they really dropped the ball of that
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    When i listen to the music as the game is loading, i feel worm inside .
    The knowledge that i am going to relax, enjoy the fantastic areas, be myself, not the person that logs to raid because "it has to be done".

I have seen very little of the things Rift has to offer, being at level 43.
    Mainly solo quest, do the daily instand adventure cycle, talk with couple of very nice people in the guild i joined, auction and log out.

And i feel happier about my time spented in the game than in the "other side", were i got fed up raiding really, and with the things that are about to happen in the pink and green, unexplored continent :S

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I'd known all the way back at release that it actually was a good game, though I guess it was my fault for being so close-minded.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water