Blizzard's going all out against GW2

It looks like both the Diablo 1.0.4 patch AND the MoP 5.0.x patch will be coming out late august to coincide with the release of GW2. What do you think, can they break GW2's momentum?

Deleted
    We don't need a thread like this. It'll only start a flame-war.

These threads are not allowed.
    Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. The people that were going to play Mop are going to play it anyway. The people that are going to play GW2 are going to play it anyway.
    Valar morghulis

It's good business to put out new content for your product at the same time as a competitor launches theirs. They are going to do all they can to keep their subscribers, that's nothing new. They have released new content for WoW to coincide with the launches of AoC, WAR and Rift. I don't think it'll affect GW2 much tbh, since the game has no subscription cost and only the box price.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Don't know how you expect patches to compete with a full game, I don't think Blizzard expects that either.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    I don't think it will make much of a difference. A lot of people (as far as I know) have made up their mind about playing GW2 or MoP anyway. As far as Diablo 3 goes, I don't know anyone who still plays it. Patch 1.0.4 doesn't seem like anything game changing to me, so to me it doesn't seem that patch 1.0.4 will attract any players that would have otherwise played GW2 or MoP.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Nah. The people that were going to play Mop are going to play it anyway. The people that are going to play GW2 are going to play it anyway.
    Exactly, these threads are so pointless
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

This will not end well at all. Closing.

--Fencers