Deleted

.ISO needed to play the game?

Hello. Recently I've got around 10-15 new games via torrents (i assume that the majority of you do that aswell) and pretty much all of them follow the rule

- Download (what you download is an ISO file and some .txt with instructions/commercial)
    - Mount ISO file (daemon tools)
    - Install game
    - Crack that is in the ISO file, copy it into the games installation point
    - Play with that crack.

Question is, do those 2-20 GB that were downloaded from beginning on the .ISO file, really need to stay on my PC?.

I've started wondering since I have started clearing some room on my HDD and i have realized that the I: (the daemon tools' "CD" place when mounted) does not have to contain the game that you are currently playing (that you downloaded from that .ISO). That means that the PC does not really have that "fake-CD" inserted once it's playing the game that required the CD from beginning.

So once again, if I delete the .ISO file, will the game(s) still play fine just with the files that were installed from the CD?

Once you have the game installed, you won't need the ISO any longer, however, if something happens and you need to reinstall, it's best to have the ISO on your PC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Once you have the game installed, you won't need the ISO any longer, however, if something happens and you need to reinstall, it's best to have the ISO on your PC
    Great, thanks (:
    Will store them on my secret portable USB device then (160GB iPod xD)

Thanks

Deleted
    I don't think that you are allowed to discuss topics directly related to piracy on these forums...

15+ Year Old Account
    Take your pirating talk elsewhere.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right