Thread: Combo Hack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    What makes this combo hack easy as fuck to do when it comes to Blizzard games is the fact that Blizzard does not use case sensitive passwords. In the past my password was "abc1abcabc" on a site such as MMOC while my WoW password would be "aBc1ABCabcABc" if someone got my MMOC password they would then be able to log into my WoW account because Blizzard has some of the worst security ever. I found out about this when I got hacked, after that day I got myself an authenticator but I bet my account wouldnt be compromised if they used case sensitive passwords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menedude View Post
    good luck getting in without my authenticator!
    it's actually easy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    it's actually easy
    It's probably whole lot harder now after the hack, when you can't disable the authenticator easily with secret question anymore.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You refuted a made up figure with another made up figure.

Regardless, neither of the mentioned methods are common deployments of "hacks". This site, and many others have all fell victim to ad based zero day flash exploits. Not to mention shady scripts on shady sites, etc etc.
    The only person who knows for sure how many times this site has been compromised is Boub and whether or not it is made public is anyone's guess.

All I'm saying is you would think fansites would make their users aware of these methods. Just because you think it's common knowledge to not use the same passwords for multiple websites doesn't mean others share the same information. I came here to share knowledge about how almost every wow player gets hacked and you guys write it off as if I'm spewing garbage information. There are rooms full of farmers deploying these hacks on lesser known fansites. They have a bell they ring called "Bell of success" (Loose Chinese translation) when an account is compromised and combo has worked successfully. Don't believe if you choose not to that's your prerogative. I would post links but I don't want to get in trouble since it is about hacking and the links are to hacking sites/forums. They have pictures and video of these rooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It's probably whole lot harder now after the hack, when you can't disable the authenticator easily with secret question anymore.
    i was thinking more of a targeted man in the middle, if someone want to be so brazen as to post their log in info and claim its okay because they have an authenticator just makes them a target

also, just to make sure this is clear, there is no such thing as a "combo hack" its simply a basic security failure on the part of the user, if it is done to a WoW based site to obtain login info, it is part of enumeration for a wow hack
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-08-12 at 07:50 PM.