Upgrading mobo/processor and adding SSD, questions

Thanks ahead of time for any answers that you can provide.

Will I have to reinstall windows for making these changes or can it simply be "reactivated"?
    Is adding the SSD as simple as hooking it up and going into the w7 disc utility to map it?

Any other tips on replacing my mobo/processor would be great as this is the first time I am going to be replacing items in my setup.

Thanks!

If you are adding a SSD you surely want to run Windows from that drive since it will give you the most benefits that way, so I would suggest you reinstall it.

Deleted
    As n0cturnal posted above, you ideally want to install Windows on your SSD. That will require a full reinstallation of most software from scratch but in the long run you won't regret it. Other than specific intensive applications, the highest ranking user of your SSD will be the operating system and associated programs so it's of great benefit to ensure it's on the SSD.

and of coruse make sure AHCI is switched on in the bios before you install windows 7 on the ssd

Do a clean install, install the OS on SSD. However, if you are upgrading your mobo, note that if your version of windows is OEM, it will not work, they are tied to the specific mobo make and model so you can only use it with your old mobo. If you have the full retail copy then you are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Make sure you have a decent back up system in place for SSDs, from what I hear they are only good for a certain number of accesses(sp?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Make sure you have a decent back up system in place for SSDs, from what I hear they are only good for a certain number of accesses(sp?)
    Silly, all drives are like that. The important part would be how many reads/writes but I can assure you it's nothing to worry about. Backup of your system/data is always a good thing this isn't specific to an SSD. Also it's likely you'll buy a new SSD before it's worn out.