Cool would you recommend fallout new vegas for pc?

I played fallout3 had a ton of fun playing it. Been playing skyrim waiting on gw2 to launch. Kinda searching for another game for my spare time.

Deleted
    I personally preferred New Vegas to 3. It's a lot more sparse and has a far better story than 3 and I loved the feeling of its world which isn't totally destroyed but more decayed.

It also has FAR better 3rd person should you play using that perspective (I do).

New World Blues is also one of the finest pieces of DLC for any game I've ever bought, a fantastic addon.

I have over 100 hours played on just one save in the game, I think that's the only recommendation you need from me.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    I played fallout3 had a ton of fun playing it. Been playing skyrim waiting on gw2 to launch. Kinda searching for another game for my spare time.
    Would you recommend breathing? (Point is, yes, it's tons of fun)
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Im downloading it now.. yall talked me into it =) thanks guys

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely recommend it. It should keep you busy while you wait for GW2. One warning though. Since it runs on the Oblivion engine, it will look a bit dated coming to it after Skyrim. Still an incredibly solid title though.
    There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by axeplay View Post
    I definitely recommend it. It should keep you busy while you wait for GW2. One warning though. Since it runs on the Oblivion engine, it will look a bit dated coming to it after Skyrim. Still an incredibly solid title though.
    I would also like to mention that it does seem much more stable than fallout 3 and oblivion on the PC until you begin stacking mods on all 4 DLCs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

New Vegas is great, it really refined the game mechanics introduced in Fallout3. Steam says I have 191 Hours logged....

Visit the New Vegas Nexus, get some cosmetic mods.

No Auto Aim is a must, I also Like Wasters Scarf.

10+ Year Old Account
    On steam sale for $9.99 or less yeah, not on sale no. It was a very poor sequel to Fallout 3.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

It's far superior to Fallout 3 in most ways, grab it!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Get the "Big Empty" DLC if you want to experience some of the most disturbed npc-conversations ever seen in a game. Keyword being "penis feet".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    as Venziir said, get the DLCs.

new vegas is a great game, if you like RPGs with bullets. I tried it, it`s really big, complex enough, but I rather play something with swords and bows.

If it`s 9.99 on steam, then it`s a great price for what you get, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3 - The world and atmosphere of the game is just plain better. Each place has some kind of significances whereas in New Vegas there are alot of places that have nothing in them.

Fallout: New Vegas - Great variety of weapons and the factions in the game are cool.

Basically, both are good, but they each have their strengths. Needless to say, if you enjoyed Fallout 3, you will enjoy Fallout: New Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it. I'd personally say that overall, New Vegas is better than FO3 (not that 3 was a bad game, mind). The only area fallout 3 is superior in is bug-testing; New Vegas crashes a lot, unfortunately, even with all the patches. Get the Ultimate Edition, though; comes with all the DLC for the game for about the same price, if not slightly cheaper, than buying them all individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Get the "Big Empty" DLC if you want to experience some of the most disturbed npc-conversations ever seen in a game. Keyword being "penis feet".
    The title of that DLC is Old World Blues; OWB is set in the Big Empty. But yeah, OWB is definitely the best of the DLC.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    On steam sale for $9.99 or more yeah, not on sale yes again. It was a very superior successor to Fallout 3.
    Corrected.

FONV isn't a sequel, in fact little to no mention of the events in FO3 are even made.

FONV took everything FO3 did and doubled it, then for safe measure it doubled it again.

The one and only thing FO3 did better than FONV is the random encounters, I really missed those.

Deleted
    If you liked Fallout 3 then I don't understand what's stopping you. New Vegas is pretty much the same, but with a different story.

It's a very good game imo. Although personally I found the story and setting of Fallout 3 a bit better than New Vegas, but that's just me.

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    I would also like to mention that it does seem much more stable than fallout 3 and oblivion on the PC until you begin stacking mods on all 4 DLCs...
    New Vegas has a lot more bugs than Fallout 3. But that's unrelated to crashes, right?

Definitely. I love Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but New Vegas just comes out on top as my favourite of the 2. While I know some people don't agree, I'm pretty sure if you really enjoyed Fallout 3, you'll enjoy New Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    It's far superior to Fallout 3 in most ways, grab it!
    This is all that needs to be said. F:NV was the a real Fallout game, F3 was Oblivion with Fallout skin.

OWB has some of the best dialog I've ever seen in a video game. I loved the 1950's "Mad Scientists" theme they had going on.
    Here's some dialog samples:

Dr Klien: "And are those penises I see wriggling on its feet!?!"
    Dala: “I believe those are toes, Dr. Klein. Little teddy bear toes. Penises are much larger than those tiny extremities.. Eh, not that I would know.”

Dr Mobius: “It is I, Dr. Mobius, transmitting from my dome-shaped… dome in the Forbidden Tone. A zone… that is, yes… forbidden to you.”

Dr Mobius: "You're no match for SCIENCE!!!"

Yeah its really good if you are into these Bethesda-type open world games. I like it just as much as Fallout 3, maybe even a little more. Both are great and if you like one you should play the other. Mods are not essential but there are some really good ones for New Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    Absolutely! Loved FNV a lot more than FO3. The music, the atmosphere, the game's got Wayne Newton in it no less. Don't forget mods too.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/

My favorite is Project Nevada: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/40040

Love the Vault-tec Power Armor and THOR too.

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.