Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got intellect gear for my warrior. because i wanted to boost as much stats as I possibly could while trying to keep them equal
    "Earth can be shaped molded... you cannot you are useless" - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

Rolled a Retribution Paladin in TBC content. Got it to 70.

I remember my old UI, it was a terrible mismatch of addons. My screen shots from those days make me shudder.
    Also, keyboard turning.

Grunt
    My first dungeon as a newbie druid, decided to tank Deadmines in cat form. Needless to say, it didn't go too well. I needed on every item that dropped, to disenchant it to level up my enchanting skill. The group called me a ninja, to which I adamantly replied that I wasn't a ninja, I was a druid.

I also used to think that mage tables only had a limited amount of food/drink on them, and would only take one stack so there was enough for other people.

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    There was a lot of things i did but one that sticks out the most was when I made my first guy back in vanilla, it was a warrior, I kept clicking the right mouse button to attack and my friend pointed out that I didn't have to do that since it was auto-attack.

Also instead of doing dungeons to get green gear I just bought the armor and weapons from vendors and used those. Lol those were the days.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

remembered 2 more things that got my attention as weird very early in my game-time -

1) gnome warriors were taken seriously, when clearly they lacked mass and should have a huge Str. penalty, like -50% or something.
    2) same with female characters, clearly they were smaller and for humans at least we know there are differences in muscle development/density. I figured this was marketing and pc stuff, though.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, John Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Agatha Christie, Steven Erikson & Ian Esslemont, Stephen R Donaldon, and recently Jack L Chalker.

Levelling an Elemental (Melee) Shaman.
    Rolled need on Kresh (Wailing Caverns turtle boss) shield.
    Won it.

Doomhammer EU

i spent at least two hours trying to /mount a bunch of random animals because i wanted a damn mount and i had no idea how to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

I kept rerolling toons (class/race combos) and playing to level 6ish.

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    i spent at least two hours trying to /mount a bunch of random animals because i wanted a damn mount and i had no idea how to get one.
    I did the same thing, lol. I remember spending an hour near the stables in Goldshire. The moment I saw horses and a stable master - I assumed this is where I can get my mount. Oh how disappointed I was when I learned how much gold I needed for the real mount and levels 40-60 were a requirement.

30 more seconds on the battle shout duration was obviously a much more beneficial talent than a measly 5% increased crit chance.

Back in vanilla, when you could spend talents anywhere, I didn't realize I had to spec in one tree. So I would go from Left to Right across all three talent trees putting 1 point in for each talent until the next line was accessible and then would move down the line doing the same thing XD

I think by level 40 or so someone in Org caught my newby mistake and was kind enough to point me in the right direction. Too much Hybrid ftl!

I was useing my wand a lot more than my actual spells with my warlock , which caused my death so many times /shrug

You remember how it used to say "Increases spell power/healing by up to xx", yeah? I figured it meant that the +spell power/healing was random up to a maximum of xx every time you cast a spell, so I went for the safe route and stacked mp5 instead

Field Marshal
    In vanilla at release in 2004, I rolled a Troll Mage. It was my first ever character. I found a button that made you walk. But, because the Troll walk kind of look like it was crouching around I thought it was a "crouch" key so I could hide from Alliance.

Of course, being a real noob, I brought up the "crouch" key on official WoW forums!

i didn't realize there was more than 1 talent tree. also i had like 5 rogues because whenever a friend started playing the game i'd start a new character with them and i'd just roll rogue cuz i hated everything else at the time.

I think I must've deleted about 10 rogues before I finally got beyond level 10.. All of them either undead or trolls.

Got to level 12 or so just using heroic strike. Best one I didn't know how to talk in channels till level 55. So I use to stand there saying stuff like " LFG for Mara/ZF" Oh the good days of vanilla where have you gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I meleed for 12 levels on a lock I made out of boredom one night. I had been playing a mage but for whatever reason I thought locks were melee. I was even in the beta which makes the fact that I did that even worse.
    lmfao, i did too! first off, my first toon i rolled was a lock back in TBC, and at some point i picked up a 1H sword just because i could equip it and i thought it looked badass...and it being a sword after all, i proceeded to alternate melee and casting a spell here and there. it wasnt till after i ran ragefire chasm the first time, i was gettin whispers from the group asking me why i wasnt casting more since i had more than enough mana! it finally dawned on me when i got my first dagger with intel / sp on it that the melee weapons were in fact just there for decoration as the stats on them were what really mattered.

i also remembered back when i was leveling a warrior and joined a dungeon group for ZF. they eventually asked me to tank, didnt have a clue so i proceeded to 'attempt' to tank in fury spec, dual wielding 1 handers and basically just attacking everything but not really understanding the concept of holding aggro. i think we made it to the top of the stairs of the temple before we finally got a proper tank. 'sigh', believe it or not no one, no one asked me what the hell i was doing trying to tank that way.

Tromsø, Norway. Else, right next to a cutie (Zefie-sama).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    I rolled a Night Elf Hunter.
    /shudder
    /shudder as well
    Forum Guidelines = Off-Topic | New Anime Season Rocks!
    It's a Trap!