Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I tried to talk to a dwarf in silverpine when I saw the guards attack him. I asked him why and what was going on. He ignored me and I assumed he was just a rude player.

My first character, a warrior somehow ended up in westfall at level 2 after visiting the old crappy darkmoon faire(I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea to leave northshire at level 2). Needless to say it didn't end well, I kept rezing and dying until I just deleted the character and rolled dwarf huntard. Also at 40 on the hunter I got rid of my green/blue leathers and swapped them out for the vendor mail items because "They were better". Oh younger me, keep your gun close and your pet closer.

Forgot I also ran around with apsect of the cheetah on while mounted...after getting dazed and dismounted by mobs way lower level than me my response was always "Oh what now everyone has a daze?!"
    Last edited by Romeothecat; 2013-02-03 at 05:38 AM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, and Klefki.

The Patient
    i remember making a warrior and goign BS because i thoguht it would rock to be able to repair my own armour, and i was sooooo opissed off when i found out i couldnt. was also in this guild back in bc days where the GM wouls run around blasted lands killign mobs and linking us the greens he got. I remember thinking how awesome he was. wasnt until i got into a real guild that i found out what an idiot both of us were. he actually dismissed his pet because he said he couldnt afford to feed him, and i thought that was a good idea, lol.

My first ever character was a hunter, and I did not realize there was a difference between *targeting* something and right clicking it (which started auto attack from far away with a hunter.) I was constantly right clicking mobs, pulling things I didn't mean to, and killing myself / my fiance a lot because I would pull a huge mob after we just defeated one and didn't recover...
    I also had aspect of the cheetah on a LOT and didn't realize that's why I was getting dazed and was so frustrated.
    I didn't understand the need/greed system. I thought greed meant you were a jerk, because you were being greedy.
    I got severely lost in Undercity the first time I went there. Then the elevator killed me.

There are a lot more, I'm sure... these were what stick out most, though. XD

I first started a night elf hunter, and after playing awhile I would get annoyed that I had stop to eat and drink to restore my mana and health. So of course, after going through the stats and seeing that spirit increased health and mana regen I was like, "Oh, of course! I need spirit!" So, I would stack 'of the Wolf' gear!
    Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor Beta
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

When I first started, about 7 years ago, my first toon was a troll mage. I leveled him up to 12 just by killing mobs. I also stacked stamina/strength gear because I wanted to be a battle mage and hit things with my staff. Only when i joined a raiding guild was when I figured out what Hit, Haste and Crit rating meant xD

I was on my troll mage back in 2005, visiting Ashenvale for the first time. I saw some night elves in the distance, and decided to investigate, since I hadn't seen a NE since WC3. Well, they attacked me, and I ran away and kill one that kept chasing me. When I sat down for some delicious mage food, I noticed a new symbol had appeared next to my portrait! It looked like a Horde symbol, and I sat there wondering what it meant right up until a group of higher level alliance came by and killed me on the spot.

WoW was my first RPG after playing FPS games for years. Needless to say, this made for all kinds of numbskull hilarity.

My fondest noob memory though came while leveling my very first toon (mid-TBC). Under the watchful supervision of my girlfriend's 70 priest, I'd just gotten my mage to Southshore and, after managing to aggro several murlocs, I thought it'd be an awesome idea to conjure water on them. I was quite surprised and disappointed to learn that the spell didn't match what was running through my imagination. Meanwhile, she nearly died laughing.

P.S. -- This was about two days after someone asked me "What's your spec?" and I answered "Tailoring."
    Last edited by Sayl; 2013-02-03 at 08:28 AM.

Got major happies after realising I could equip a sword onto my Orc Warlock some 7 years ago, and subsequently ran around with a 2 str 1 stam blade until level 50 or so. After spending an entire day farming grey spider fangs in Stonetalon to afford the 2 gold auction cost.

Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I would spam the auto attack button as i thought each melee hit had to be activated, contrary to it's name, "auto attack".

I asked what level druids get dual wielding. That was about it, granted it was after I had played Neverwinter Nights and had a dual scimitar wielding druid.
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

Put executioner on my melee hunter weapon in bc because the graphic on it looked cool.

Lets see.... On my VERY first toon(lock) some of my only real ones were thinking rez meant boot(that was one PISSED bear...in vanilla....DM/VC...on goblin room...) Oh i also didn't know how to change chat channels.

My second however putting points in all trees(which ironically looking back MIGHT have gotten me a raid spot if i wasn;t an alt whore since i had at LEAST every base buff.)

On my druid i got intel gear while specc'd feral and my rogue healer boots cayuse they had more armro and thus were better.

Oh and i also once tried to cleanse being drunk LOL. Good times good times...And i shall NEVER forget how bad i was...Helps me remember to help new players and not hate on em.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    WoW was my first RPG after playing FPS games for years. Needless to say, this made for all kinds of numbskull hilarity.

My fondest noob memory though came while leveling my very first toon (mid-TBC). Under the watchful supervision of my girlfriend's 70 priest, I'd just gotten my mage to Southshore and, after managing to aggro several murlocs, I thought it'd be an awesome idea to conjure water on them. I was quite surprised and disappointed to learn that the spell didn't match what was running through my imagination. Meanwhile, she nearly died laughing.

P.S. -- This was about two days after someone asked me "What's your spec?" and I answered "Tailoring."
    LOL that's EPIC. And it NEVER dawned on me that's what it might be able to do..Good thinking man would be kinda cool if it did.

Well i got lost in Undercity didn't knew how to get out... so i stopped playing with my hunter (my hunter was lvl 25 or something like that) and lvled a warlock to lvl 55 then when back with my hunter and asked for help in general channel and a cool orc hunter showed me the elevator and i was like :O

In TBC i had a shammy healer..., i remenber that i used a cloth chest piece and not a mail chest piece because it was way better for healing (noone rolled for it so i got it with greed... i remenber everyone calling me Ninja D: )

I dual wielded the two intellect daggers from the last SM Library boss during Vanilla as my rogue.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

I /hailed the first NPC I came across to see if he'd give me a quest

My toon fell down in IF and I couldn't figure out how to get out so I levelled something else.
    I drowned underwater, but when I ran back to my corpse, I couldn't figure out how get down to my body to rez.
    It took me forever to work out that I couldn't speak to a friend because he was on a US realm and I was on an EU realm.
    Going into stockades at around level 25 with just one friend the same level did not end well.
    I didn't really understand the concept of being flagged for pvp, and when I was in the barrens, I right clicked on a lvl?? "red" player, much to his/her surprise. (At the time I don't think I'd ever seen a horde player before)

Here I am back in 2005, a human mage called "Sbh" on a rp server. My internet connection was so laggy the day I started, I had a ping of 3k. I literally needed 30 seconds to even cast a fire ball on the wolves. So imagine standing there, raging about shit in internet while trying to cast a fireball to kill the wolves and suddenly some random player comes by and tags the mob first. I raged in general chat, called everyone son of a bitch, thinking it was the normal internet speech I was used to before. Apparently I was wrong since it was on a rp server too. I was banned for 2 hours on my first day of wow. And I had to rename my character.

I thought key bind 1 meant I had 1 fireball and I had to buy more. I didn't use any spells until level 8

Well, i probably did a lot of noob stuff to begin with, but i quickly learnt things, what gear i should have etc. One thing which sticks out is that i always greeded on things i rly wanted. "Why greed on something that you need, it's obvious you should need!" Well, my friend who had played WoW for ages told me that i should greed on things i needed.....