Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was level 8 on my first ever character. A rogue... running from Sen'Jin to Razor Hill and Sen'jin gets attacked by alliance. I was like OH MAN, I BETTER USE MY NINJA SKILLS AND HIDE. So I stealthed and hid on the nearest rock I could to watch them blow the place up.

My face also got blown up by an arrow from a hunter.

i just remember getting treated like crap on the forums when i made a post asking about how to gem properly a few weeks after i got my first max level toon and my dps wasnt that great, and the people on the forums looked at my gear and saw a bunch of +30 stamina gems in blue slots, because i had no idea you could put other coloured gems in blue slots. there were literally NO helpful replies, just a million people posting about what a stupid idiotic moron i was for not gemming right. kinda the first time i noticed that the wow community is rather shitty.

Casting spells from my spell book.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

1) I would always log out after I found an inn and did a /sleep. I thought I got more rested exp that way.
    2) I did not learn of the autorun feature for several weeks. Oh those painful fingers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    i just remember getting treated like crap on the forums when i made a post asking about how to gem properly a few weeks after i got my first max level toon and my dps wasnt that great, and the people on the forums looked at my gear and saw a bunch of +30 stamina gems in blue slots, because i had no idea you could put other coloured gems in blue slots. there were literally NO helpful replies, just a million people posting about what a stupid idiotic moron i was for not gemming right. kinda the first time i noticed that the wow community is rather shitty.
    It's not the wow community, it's the internet. 99% are assholes.

1.being a warrior and wearing all types of gear from cloth, leather, mail, and plates.

2.wearing those gear with the wrong stats; ex: INT to make him a lil smarter.

3.questing all around from elwynn forest to teldrassil (because my friend is a nightelf), saved my hearthstone somewhere in ashenvale and I had no idea how to get back to SW lol

I meleed as a hunter, on purpose

Deleted
    I couldn't decise wheter i wanted to be frost fire or arcane mage, so i put some points into each tree.

Deleted
    Fish deviate fish for hours and then sell it for 2 silver each.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided at level 40 I wanted to be a War-mage. So, I sold all my Intellect gear, bought a sword and a bunch of Stamina cloth gear. Took me a week to hit 41.
    I like waffles!

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Druid (first characters)
    Classic "put talent points into every tree to be good in all areas" noob move. Was actually fairly viable for questing.
    Wearing cloth gear, mismatched stats, etc.
    Last edited by Byniri; 2012-08-12 at 02:21 AM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Tried having a conversation in /1 chat
    but I was doing it in /s
    Another players going through the first mine in elwynn forest was nice enough to fix it for me =)
    I can recall seeing some playes in /1 trying to get groups for Hogger on my 1st toon, and I tried asking to join in /s. I do recall though that I realized right away I wasn't talking in the same chat channel, but couldn't figure out how to join until I asked a friend.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Back in the start of TBC, first character I made was a Human Warrior. After logging in, I walk up to a group of human NPCs chopping at a tree, asked them, "Hey what're you guys doing?". After about 10 minutes of repeating myself with no answer, I decided to run off. Still wandering around the starter zone, I happened across a group of Defias Brotherhood members. Again, not knowing they are NPCs, I go up to say hi, and they start attacking me. And I died. I was pissed and confused enough to go complain to my dad that some guys named "Defias Brotherhood" were attacking me. "Don't worry, I'll check it out" he replied with a smile.

So after I learned what an NPC is, I continue the game, and along comes another noob moment. Up until about level 35 or so, whenever I was emptying my bags at a vendor, I would always log out and back in to clear the vendor, because I was under the impression that he could only buy up to 8 items at a time. One day when I was selling stuff, I accidentally clicked on a 9th item. Needless to say, my brain imploded.

Another noob thing I used to do. I remember back around the time I was running Scarlet Monastery on my Warrior, I would use a spear for dps. Everybody I pugged with were trying to convince me that it wasn't a great weapon for me, but I remained adamant that I would only get worse if I used a different weapon.

One last thing I can remember doing. Whenever I was in a group or questing on my own, I refused to use any kind of buff, even my Shouts, because I considered them to be cheating.

Well, I got lucky, and learned to play on a friends account/computer, so most of the noob things I didn't do.

Though....it took me like 2 weeks to figure out what "lf2dps, DM" meant (back when that was Deadmines), and a month to figure out why people were telling me "DM is Dire Maul, VC is Deadmines, noob".
    Link broken

10+ Year Old Account
    Running BT (first raid ever) on my 70 hunter i needed on a shield. Got kicked really fast.

6ish years ago I made fun of my friend for playing WoW. He let me play it for an hour and for whatever reason I was glued. Presently, I'm still playing, he isn't.

Few people will be able to compete with how big of a noob I was 6 years ago. I installed the game on my PC, rolled a Human Paladin on US-Wildhammer, he gave me a whole 5 gold and I thought he was the richest guy in WoW. Yep, noob I was. I spent that 5g almost instantly buying common level gear from the vendors. The next day I asked for more gold and he was amazed at how fast I spent it by level 10! My excuse: It's totally worth it, I pwn faces now dude. I said this with probably the most serious face anyone could ever make. His facial expression, -_-... My damage didn't up a single bit, but for whatever reason, I was convinced that this gear with absolutely no stat upgrades on them made me hit harder.

By the way, I'm far on the opposite end of that stick now. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a night elf hunter.....you don't know the dread it brought me!!!!

I ran from Stormwind to Ironforge on my human mage at level 10ish. I wasn't aware there was a tram....

I died. A lot.

Sylvari Necromancer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    In all fairness, I hate people asking stuff like that. I do it myself, but ask friends...and if they can't help I'l find my own way. It bothers me when people are to lazy to find out stuff themselves.

Exploring the game is half the fun.

I never played any mmo before I got sucked into WoW from a friend, rolled a troll shaman as my first scrub cause it was the closest thing I saw that was like a Red Mage from FF1. Hard to get used to gameplay cause of no tutorial. Fought in Valley of Trials till i didn't get anymore xp from the mobs there, lvl 8-10 maybe less idr. Ran from there to Razor Hill without questing and from there to Org cause on console gaming I always tried to get further into places at low lvls and try to explore. On the way there I saw some (enemies) so I thought from their naming (was on a pvp server, ty to my friend) coming and I didn't want to die so I hid behind a wagon cart "trying" to hide for 5mins until they passed. :P lil did I know they were on the same horde side I was and couldn't harm me. /facepalm.

A few weeks later during a ST run the dungeon group died and of course one had to run back as a ghost, I just couldn't for the life of me figure out how to drop into the water as a ghost and swim.

Even later in Wrath while lvling a druid I was 80 running heroics and some healer was begging me for an Innervate and asking me what the new CD was for it and I just ignored him, I then he stopped healing me until I would tell him, I said I don't know what u are talking about. He kept at it and i eventually just left the dungeon. Funny times it was when low and behold did I find it in my spell book. hahahaha shame on me