Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ah, I remember this quite clearly. Had been playing for a month or so - never leveled up much past 20ish. I was leveling my professions as a tailor/enchanter. I read that an Azure silk cloak was the PERFECT item to disenchant. So I trekked as a human priest - in his 20s - through Desolace and Feralas to get the NE post in between Feralas and Thousand Needles. And this is years before you could have a mount at 20. I had heard of the Barrens list vaugely, but didn't know it was actually that convenient to use, and since I was deathly afraid of PvP flagging for some reason, I took the long way around through level 30 and 40 territory that I had never been in before.

Oddly enough, I had fewer deaths than should be expected from that kind of run through Feralas. Got my pattern though!

Wand spec mage and a melee disc priest. That is all.

Deleted
    prot spec warrior with 2 hander!

I was hilariously afraid of the dungeon browser when I came back to WoW, because I thought after the long break I would be too rusty for dungeons and would annoy people with my lack of skill. I read all the guides and practiced my class until I felt ready to venture into the dungeons only to realize I was hopelessly overqualified.

And the same thing happened when I first went into heroic dungeons.

Where to start... I could write a small book of nooby things I did.

My first 'main' was a human warrior that leveled as Prot because I thought I could just do quests by myself forever and not have to *gasp* talk to other people.

I remember finding the tram in SW for the first time and being convinced it would take to me to terrible places of death, ... so I walked the whole tram route on foot.

I also wore leather for way too long with Agi/Int/whatever else that makes no sense at all now.

My first dungeon experience was Deadmines and was asked to 'tank.' Of course I said okay - not knowing what that meant - and proceeded to Need EVERYTHING because, why not get more cloth armor?

And, somewhere around level 70 or so, I learned that being a 'Keyboard Turner' was a not a compliment on how quick I was on my keyboard's arrow keys.

Of course there's more ... oh, I do miss WoW every now and then.
    Last edited by Chronk; 2012-08-30 at 12:28 AM. Reason: layout

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Back during classic:

I leveled my priest from 1-60 entirely as Holy. That is right . . . Holy. FML
    I rand Stockades as soon as possible until about level 43. I picked up every gray and white item that people left and vendored it all to afford my first mount.
    I went in to an inn to log out. Okay, that isn't that odd, but I thought that /sleeping in a bed was what game be rested.

Grinded on mobs instead of questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a night elf, and I wanted a pet, but I liked melee, so after reading the intro things I somehow got it in my head that anyone could get a pet, so i chose a nightelf rogue. After leveling to about 5, i joined some random, and asked when/how i get a pet. He was shockingly nice, and explained a few things, but clearly not a lot of it stuck, cause i was still a noob for the entire 6 months it took me to get my paladin to 70 (I started just after BC came out)
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Rolled a Retribution Paladin in TBC content. Got it to 70.
    I did that. And I raided with him.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveled up my rogue in resto druid gear till someone told me after getting into groups for the first time, I didn't mean to ninja those pieces honestly! ><

When I first started WoW, I really didn't do the quests.. I didn't know they helped you level. For the most part, I just ran out and killed mobs to level. I barely knew how to use my skills so I would usually auto attack as a warlock... I also spent a couple days (20 hours?) trying to find a mining spot... because I really wanted to mine for some strange reason (Didn't know how to track them or what they looked like). Once I figured out quests, I would only pick up one at a time, do it, run back, and pick up another. I didn't know that theres usually multiple quests for the same mobs/area... I believe it took me 8~days time to level 40 and 12-14 to get to 80. I started in the middle of TBC and after about 12 months I reached 80... and during the wrath content, I would spend hours going through the /who list trying to find people do dungeon with. WoW was my first MMO (unless you could runescape) so I was such a bad :P
    Kind of nostalgic of it, miss learning how to play :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

I started playing just as BC came out, started with a BE hunter. I spent start thru til L40 rolling on int leather because that would up my mana pool to fire from.

Played a Boomy druid, running around in cloth gear. When wrath came out i was death gripping everything in raids/dungeons/whatever because i just thought it looked cool. Then i joined a raiding guild and they whipped me into shape somethin Fierce. I learned quickly

I remember my first character, Evilknieval the undead rogue. I would do things like browse the AH constantly for daggers with +1 attack power on it or try to buy "of the bear" leather gear. I would always ask people for money, and some guy eventually payed me 40s to use the cannibalize on things. I would also stand next to the bank NPCs because I thought I could trick people into giving me their stuff instead of putting it in the bank. I once accidently activated the bonus action bars and thought Blizzard was going to ban me because I used a hack. Prior to that I would use the main action bar pages to fit more spells. Pretty much everything that's been mentioned here I've done too, like thinking armor is better than stats, getting lost/stuck in holes, etc.

I think I got to like 15 before TBC came out and I made a blood elf, but I still have Evilknieval to this day. Recently used the SoR on him.

I was in thunder bluff on my first toon (prot pally around level 20ish), when i saw a copper node down below. Not wanting to wait for an elevator i bubbled my self and jumped off thunder bluff. Except i was targeting my friend a mage. So he got my bubble and i got a death. He was kind enough to float down to me like the stuck up mage he is and tbag my dead body.

I was questing in Redridge and I went a little to far and ended up getting camped by the Imps in Burning Steppes D:

When I first started my priest, I didn't know Holy Fire and Inner fire were different skills... And I leveled as Holy solo up till lvl 69... By JUST using smite.
    " "People can say all the BS they want about "encounters weren't that hard back then people just didnt know what was going on" well that argument is like saying "getting to california in the early 1800 wasnt hard, people just didnt know how the !$@% to build cars" " - hazer221

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Grinded on mobs instead of questing.
    I did this too, only I didn't really consider it newby... maybe just a giant waste of time in hindsight. WoW was far from my first MMO, however it was the only one of its time that presented better XP through questing than through grinding. For a few years prior, I had been completely trained into thinking that if I wanted to get anything done right, I had to go out and plant myself somewhere and endlessly pull monsters to myself, gaining a certain amount of XP per hour.

Damn you FFXI >.>
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    I rolled Alliance.
    HA! That was my first mistake. My second mistake was thinking Leatherworking might be a good idea for a Warlock.

Not WoW, but MMORPG related.

A friend and I started playing Everquest back in 2000 and we knew about the "Spirit of the Wolf" run speed buff and it had a boot for an icon. Well, he rolled a druid and we were hanging out in a city and he was like "dood I think I can "SoW" you!" and proceeds to cast ensnare on me. The guards didn't like that and promptly killed him. We couldn't figure out what happened so we go to do it again with the same result. We're perplexed as to why the guards would kill him for run speed buffing me and then he realizes the spell is an offensive one (EQ let you cast those on players even if they had no effect).
    Last edited by alien1099; 2012-09-03 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    The first thing I did in Elwynn forest was attack a wolf, and somehow I turned off the auto-attack and I didnt know what the heck I was doing so I died ;(