Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW was my first RPG after playing FPS games for years. Needless to say, this made for all kinds of numbskull hilarity.

My fondest noob memory though came while leveling my very first toon (mid-TBC). Under the watchful supervision of my girlfriend's 70 priest, I'd just gotten my mage to Southshore and, after managing to aggro several murlocs, I thought it'd be an awesome idea to conjure water on them. I was quite surprised and disappointed to learn that the spell didn't match what was running through my imagination. Meanwhile, she nearly died laughing.

P.S. -- This was about two days after someone asked me "What's your spec?" and I answered "Tailoring."
    Last edited by Sayl; 2013-02-03 at 08:28 AM.

Got major happies after realising I could equip a sword onto my Orc Warlock some 7 years ago, and subsequently ran around with a 2 str 1 stam blade until level 50 or so. After spending an entire day farming grey spider fangs in Stonetalon to afford the 2 gold auction cost.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I would spam the auto attack button as i thought each melee hit had to be activated, contrary to it's name, "auto attack".

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked what level druids get dual wielding. That was about it, granted it was after I had played Neverwinter Nights and had a dual scimitar wielding druid.

Put executioner on my melee hunter weapon in bc because the graphic on it looked cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see.... On my VERY first toon(lock) some of my only real ones were thinking rez meant boot(that was one PISSED bear...in vanilla....DM/VC...on goblin room...) Oh i also didn't know how to change chat channels.

My second however putting points in all trees(which ironically looking back MIGHT have gotten me a raid spot if i wasn;t an alt whore since i had at LEAST every base buff.)

On my druid i got intel gear while specc'd feral and my rogue healer boots cayuse they had more armro and thus were better.

Oh and i also once tried to cleanse being drunk LOL. Good times good times...And i shall NEVER forget how bad i was...Helps me remember to help new players and not hate on em.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    WoW was my first RPG after playing FPS games for years. Needless to say, this made for all kinds of numbskull hilarity.

My fondest noob memory though came while leveling my very first toon (mid-TBC). Under the watchful supervision of my girlfriend's 70 priest, I'd just gotten my mage to Southshore and, after managing to aggro several murlocs, I thought it'd be an awesome idea to conjure water on them. I was quite surprised and disappointed to learn that the spell didn't match what was running through my imagination. Meanwhile, she nearly died laughing.

P.S. -- This was about two days after someone asked me "What's your spec?" and I answered "Tailoring."
    LOL that's EPIC. And it NEVER dawned on me that's what it might be able to do..Good thinking man would be kinda cool if it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i got lost in Undercity didn't knew how to get out... so i stopped playing with my hunter (my hunter was lvl 25 or something like that) and lvled a warlock to lvl 55 then when back with my hunter and asked for help in general channel and a cool orc hunter showed me the elevator and i was like :O

In TBC i had a shammy healer..., i remenber that i used a cloth chest piece and not a mail chest piece because it was way better for healing (noone rolled for it so i got it with greed... i remenber everyone calling me Ninja D: )

10+ Year Old Account
    I dual wielded the two intellect daggers from the last SM Library boss during Vanilla as my rogue.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I /hailed the first NPC I came across to see if he'd give me a quest

My toon fell down in IF and I couldn't figure out how to get out so I levelled something else.
    I drowned underwater, but when I ran back to my corpse, I couldn't figure out how get down to my body to rez.
    It took me forever to work out that I couldn't speak to a friend because he was on a US realm and I was on an EU realm.
    Going into stockades at around level 25 with just one friend the same level did not end well.
    I didn't really understand the concept of being flagged for pvp, and when I was in the barrens, I right clicked on a lvl?? "red" player, much to his/her surprise. (At the time I don't think I'd ever seen a horde player before)

Here I am back in 2005, a human mage called "Sbh" on a rp server. My internet connection was so laggy the day I started, I had a ping of 3k. I literally needed 30 seconds to even cast a fire ball on the wolves. So imagine standing there, raging about shit in internet while trying to cast a fireball to kill the wolves and suddenly some random player comes by and tags the mob first. I raged in general chat, called everyone son of a bitch, thinking it was the normal internet speech I was used to before. Apparently I was wrong since it was on a rp server too. I was banned for 2 hours on my first day of wow. And I had to rename my character.

I thought key bind 1 meant I had 1 fireball and I had to buy more. I didn't use any spells until level 8

Well, i probably did a lot of noob stuff to begin with, but i quickly learnt things, what gear i should have etc. One thing which sticks out is that i always greeded on things i rly wanted. "Why greed on something that you need, it's obvious you should need!" Well, my friend who had played WoW for ages told me that i should greed on things i needed.....

Deleted
    My first character was a paladin, paladins obvioulsy fight with a 2 handed mace, deal crazy damage and heal themself non stop.
    Of course Uther the Lightbringer was the best example...

So I decided that my Dwarf Paladin should be like that. I used the 2 hand mace from the old shadowfang keep paladin quest, because he looked totally awesome on level 45, was heal specced and only used my new smithed Mithril armor for level 40 I farmed like crazy.

The quests took years but seriously... I looked so fuckin awesome I did not care ! :P

Deleted
    I used to think that pressing Z, unsheathing the sword & shield on my warrior would allow me to block all incoming attacks.

I miss the days of not having a clue

Playing on the allaince side then i learned horde is win a few months later.

First toon made it to 32 without a talent spec. Once I realized my mistake, I was so lost that I rolled a new toon.

I was absolutely positive that when I wore gear with Agility and Haste on it, I would run faster. So I stacked it in every slot I could find it on.

...as a mage in BC.

The amount of stupid and foolish things I did was insane, and I certainly wouldn't tolerate someone doing the same sort of stuff in my groups. I'm just thankful that the community as a whole was more friendly and supportive.

A few of the basics:

- Taunting players thinking it would force them to attack me.
    - Needing on almost everything because I had no idea about the stat system.
    - Thinking that the bigger my character, the more expensive the armour would be.
    - Running around the whole world because I had no idea about Flight Paths.

Deleted
    I was awesome, no not really. I used to keyboard turn but I quickly learned that my friend had rebound their keys to strafe. So I did the same.