Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remember walking through the Thousand Needles, and seeing a 'gold vein'. Not being a miner, I assumed this was incredibly rare, with me assuming that the gold could be used to create gold coins. I proudly announced in general chat the coordinates for that node.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Back in vanilla, I started as a night elf rogue after my sister begged me for playing WoW instead of Ragnarok Online. I remember much weird stuff I did. After completing Darkshore, I moved over to Menethil harbor and wanted to explore the eastern kingdoms. Eventually I died and explored the whole continent as a ghost. Even climbed the mountains between Burning Steppes and Elwynn Forst somehow and jumped off the legendary waterfalls near Northshire. Never managed to get up these mountains again.

Deleted
    After showing Elwynn and Redridge how much of a badass warrior I was, I went and treated myself to the best goddamn upgrade my silver and copper could buy. GLADIUS. I felt like a boss for days.

I started as an orc shaman at the valley of trials on a trial account. The Valley Of Trials name made me think that it was only made for trial accounts. I kept wondering what the real game looked like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a Human Paladin and was playing with some RL friends. While questing at lvl 15-20 I think, I found a pond in the game that had some dead bodies and weapons laying around, and a sword stuck in the ground. I was on Teamspeak (yes, Teamspeak) and kept asking my friends "How do I pickup these weapons on the ground?!" This question was met with a lot of lulz.

Those same friends hacked me at level 60 once I had some T1/T2 armor, stripped me and put everything in the bank. I about cried when I thought I was truly hacked until one of them called me and laughed for a good 10 minutes straight.

Oh. I remember Destiny dropped either in a raid or a 5 man. Thinking it was a 5 man because my normal groups were my RL friends consisting of a Warrior/Priest/Mage and usually another random person. I was a Holy Paladin wear ret gear for 5 mans. Anyway, the sword drops and everyone about shits on themselves because Destiny was a pretty good sword. The Warrior wanted it but said I could roll as well. I won, slapped Crusader on it and was determined to no longer play Holy in 5 mans/raids. I tried being sneaky once during a MC run and went Ret. The damage I was putting out was pretty lol, and I was then laughed at for thinking I was being so sneaky. After that I accepted my fate as Holy, and would only use my Ret gear in 5 mans or offtank.

Deleted
    killed mobs in barrens at lvl 30 something and wondered why i didnt level

Got to level 55 on my Paladin, tried to tank Stratholme, died horribly time and time again. Realized that day that Holy was for healing.

Talking to guards lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Right when I started, I found the ocean, and for some god-damn reason I decided to swim around each continent. Good God, never again...

To this day, I still am constantly checking around me for sharks whenever I'm in the water. Those elites...
    Lol I remember the elite sharks in the ocean off the coast of Radget. Why did they remove them :O ?

My first charcter was a human warrior (how bland can you get?). I got some quest requiring me to travel to Ironforge. Not realizing that that the deeprun tram existed. I tried to make the looonnnnggg run from Stormwind, Elywyn Forest, Redridge, Burning Steps, Searing Gorge, Bad lands, Loch Modan, Dun Morogh, Ironforge. Well, me being only level 19 at the time and trying to run through level 50 zones meant many, many deaths. (Amazingly, I did manage to make it as far as the the blackrock mountain pass.) Finally some higher level saw me running around Burning Steps like a chicken with it's head cut off and asked me what I was doing, then explained to me about the deeprun tram.

My next newb experience was around level forty, I had made it to Stranglethorn Vale at this point and was trying to complete that "epic" Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest, which, before it was nerfed, required you to collect something life 25 different pages. I kept asking people to trade or buy pages, they kept telling me to just use the auction house. I finally got up the courage to ask what and where the auction house was. Yes, I made it to level forty without ever stepping into the auction house.

Deleted
    Back on my first toon in vanilla (ud rogue) the first contested zone i hit was stonetalon mountains and i was fairly nervous about getting my ass handed to me by some high level alliance my friends had warned me about, so i decided to travel the zone in stealth, EVERYWHERE. Stealth in those days meant pretty slow movement speed so i was in that zone for quite a while lol. That shit was an adventure though.

My first toon, a warrior, had tailoring. If that's not stupid enough, around level 30s me and my friends started to get jealous of those "high level players who had helmets". I remember that I managed to get my tailoring to a level where I was able to craft Silken Hoods, or something like that, with 0 stats, and gave them to everyone I played with. Hunter, Rogue, Paladin and Warrior. Mage also got one, but at least he was a clother. We all got to sub-50s before realising those hoods weren't exactly the best helmets in game before level cap, as I thought.

Our questing team looked like a bunch of hooded thugs tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    only bought vendor gear without stats on my warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing WoW in late Classic. My druid was somewhere around lvl 40, and I was standing around outside Scarlet Monastery looking for a group one night, when a lvl 60 warrior and a 30-something priest offered to run me through several times for xp. I was pretty much clueless about how to play a druid at the time, being feral spec with int gear on. A hunter near my level joined us, and we started clearing. At some point, the priest started pointing out all the things I was doing wrong, but was fairly nice about it.

The last boss of Armory dropped some Troll-Hide Leggings, a popular twink item, and a massive upgrade for me, now that I had been informed that I should be gearing agility as feral. The priest said to pass for the warrior so he could sell them, but as he rolled need I hit greed out of spite, even though I knew need rolls won over greed. They still got mad at me for even trying, probably thinking I didn't know the difference between need and greed. The priest stopped being nice about his critique, but we continued through Cathedral as planned. In the courtyard, the hunter accidentally pulled an extra pack, killing himself and the priest. I somehow managed to avoid combat with that group, but around the same time the warrior misjudged his tankiness and died to the 50 or so scarlet mobs following him. They turned towards me, so I quickly tossed out a brez before getting my face shredded.

There was silence in party chat for a few seconds as we watched the mobs reset from our view on the floor, and then...

Priest: "You battle rezzed the hunter??"
    Me: "Heh, yeah pretty neat trick, huh? ....oh. Ohhhhhh. Oops."

Needless to say, that was it for SM for me that night. Looking back on that later, I realized the warrior was partly in tier 3 and other scattered Naxx 40 gear. How embarassing!
    Last edited by Nah; 2013-02-03 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like I've told this story a thousand times, but I still find it hilarious...

So I'm leveling my first toon, a warlock, when I get the succy quest line. I make the death run through Stranglethorn Vale and take the boat. I was supposed to pick some object up, or kill something, or something... I can't really remember. I run around the barrens for about three hours totally lost. Finally I happen upon Crossroads and much to my relief I see guards.

My friend who had been playing for awhile told me that if I ever got lost in the game, ask a guard for directions. So I merrily run up to the tauren and right click him. Of course, being human I melee'd him instead of opening up the chat pane. I died.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

My first mistake on my newly minted rogue was an Epic journey from Ironforge to Stormwind,
    via Badlands, Searing Gorge & Burning Steppes.
    The deaths were too numerous to count and it took well over an hour to make the trip.
    Suffice to say I was told about the Tram after walking in the front gate of Stormwind /palm.

I stood at the entrance to ZA as a level 15 Belf Mage and asked in guild chat, "what's this strange swirling mist?" My guild leader, having a bit more experience than I, pointed out that it was the entrance to Zul'Aman. "Oh, well why won't it let me in?"

This was back in BC, when ZA was still a raid.

Deleted
    Began in BC. For some reason I refused to do quests and grinded my way to level 20 by killing random mobs, all while wearing crappy vendor gear. I was so chuffed when I earned my first gold.

Deleted
    I didn't know about the Deeprun Tram and tried to walk from Elwynn Forest to Wetlands as about L10. This was back in vanilla when there were few flight routes and you had to know both ends.

I tried to talk to the opposite faction. That was fun.