Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Made a Dranei and got lost in Exodar for like an hour, then decided to make an undead and got lost in Undercity for like 3 hours. Those cities are complicated :O

10+ Year Old Account
    In vanilla, I got my rogue to level 33 before I discovered this thing called 'talents'.

That was shortly after I realized 'hey! I can hold a weapon in each hand!'

Deleted
    I remembered something else while reading through the posts. I was getting repeatedly killed by a group of mobs in the Night Elf starting zone. I told my guild that I was getting "camped", and needed help. I had learned the term from Wowwiki and thought I sounded professional using the term. Some level 70s (this was during TBC) asked me what their classes were and how many they where. I then told them I was getting camped by NPCs, not players. They probably facepalmed.

Didn't know I had talents until I was like level 17... oops.

My first character (a rogue) didn't realize I should have been using 2 weapons until level 30...many many other silly things but that's the big one.

Tanked as a Shaman. (Vanilla)

This actually happened a lot due to a lack of warriors willing to tank when I first started playing. It was fun though both boring and tense at the same time (Lack of buttons to push due to mana inefficiency and sudden damage spikes.)

Traveling to stranglethorn by accident, got killed by apes SOOO much... I finally got out after a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    i sold cloth and ore to vendors

Sold all leather, cloth to vendors.

Grinded mobs due to being used to Asian MMOs, I was shocked to see such a large xp amount from a quest.

Ran from zone to zone thinking it was the only mode of transportation up until about Level 15. I was like, "Hot damn this virtual world is enormous. My character's feet sure would be sore doing all this running. No wonder people devote so much time to this game... half of it's spent running from place to place!"

When I discovered gryphons and trams... face could not have been redder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realise you could shift click to buy a specific number of an item until early Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    my friend believe he had to jump to catch the purple xp numbers in the air hes currently 85 -.-
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Angry

I didn't know about dungeon finder till level 38 . Also My first toon was a druid and I started playing WoW in Cata.......I finally reached 60 and thought I could do my first real raid........So I sat in trade spamming LFM AQ40 for about a hour not knowing nobody did level 60 raids in Cata >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    my first time in a Deadmines group (my first dungeon at all actually, somewhere around early '06) but anyway; i got lost, yeah i know its pretty straight forward but..., well i was only there for the first few pulls, and didnt find them untill just before they blew the doors to go into the harbor.
    the group was pretty nice though and could tell i didnt know what the hell i was doing, but it was still pretty damn funny that i got lost in a dungeon.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought 'need' sounded nicer than 'greed'. And I always wanted to be a nice person so I rolled need until a nice guildie pointed out the error of my ways.
    Operation Red Wing

Back in burning crusade I rolled a blood elf hunter first

-For the first 15 or 20 levels I would have been melee, those old melee abilities confused me I think
    -At one stage I sold all my blues and greens from questing for white gear because I didnt understand how stats worked and thought armour was better
    -Thought I could raid in PvP gear, I think it took a few kicks before I realised lol
    -I'm pretty sure I wouldnt have been using agility because I didnt really know about that stat being a primary stat well into 50's+ lol

I cant even remember what I did at max level, I would have been 70 for a good year, I didnt do a single heroic 5 man yet I managed to get into a few Kara and gruul runs. I even almost got into a sunwell run once. I also had 4 PvP pieces, the rest were blues and greens >.<

Wasn't until Wrath where I actually learnt about the game a bit more when I rolled a death knight for the first few weeks, followed by a resto druid once I realised I didnt like death knights and its been my main ever since.

I was 13 or so back then, I'm 19 now and I'm more than confident that would never happen again in any video game =P

10+ Year Old Account
    in Deadmines with my night elf rogue I needed on every item that dropped cuz I could sell them for money and ppl getting mad at me and I didn't realize anything. Using only 1 dagger until like lvl 20 (my friend told me to put a skinning knife to the other hand so I used that for like 10 next levels) And my friend gave me 50g start money (it was alot of money back then) and I bought white weapons from vendors in Darnassus..

Prot Paladin, wasn't aware that i had to use a Sword and Shield so was 2h wepping it up in dungeons/questing all the way till 46 or so till i got a good telling off. :/

This was late 2010 when i started playing, like 2 months before Cata dropped. Actually dinged 80 the night it came out. Good times.

I played with my two brothers and myself and one of them had talent points and my other brother didn't. So we sat there thinking what the hell, must only be night elves that get them (We were night elves he was a human). That was probably the most stupid thing we did. We tried doing Deadmines with two rogues and a hunter. Many wipes and hours later we cleared it or got damn close.

My second Mistake
    While i knew about the talents, i had no idea respecs were possible.
    As I had been playing Diablo II, so I assumed a new character would be needed if i screwed the talents up.
    made it to 43 with my rather wicked 0 / 0 / 0 spec, dual fast green daggers, and ofc using sinister strike ..