Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    One of my first characters was a mage. I played frost. Eventually when I hit 70, I got into a raiding guild, somehow. I raided as frost, didn't even know what DPS was.

Way back in Vanilla, I had no idea how to split stacks of items.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that Prayer of Healing was for your group only and resorted to flash and greater heal to heal people in other groups in a pug raid. Naturally, I ran out of mana very fast.

I started in September 2005, so around a year after the game officially released, and I made a bunch of noob mistakes (unfortunately, I can only remember a few atm):

• My first character was a night elf druid (because I loved night elves from Warcraft III) with mining and blacksmithing, which was totally pointless for a druid back then.
    • I had no idea how to talk in general chat, I'd see people talk there but I had no idea how to respond. I finally asked a friend around level 30.
    • I bought every new set of common-quality leather armor because I thought it looked cool. It didn't matter that it had no stats, or that I was constantly broke (it was tough to make money in Classic, especially as a lowbie who spent it all on vendor armor), because my character looked awesome!
    • I abandoned my druid in favor of a hunter with skinning and leatherworking so I could make the dragonscale armor. I wanted that stuff so bad that I spent ~7 days /played farming turtles for their leather on the Tanaris shoreline. My guild was furious because they were waiting for me to ding 60 so we could start raiding (they needed a hunter for something, I can't even remember what now).
    • I had no idea that your pet took time to eat food you fed it, so I would spam feed my pet. I often went through entire stacks of food trying to make it happy. I did this for a long, long time, well into raiding when my Hunter class lead asked why I went through so much food.
    • I was jaded with "Kill X number of X" or "Collect X number of X" type quests that I leveled from 58-60 doing nothing but "Go talk to X" "Go back and talk to Y" type quests. I took something like 3 days /played.

I know I have more, but I can't remember them.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-02-04 at 02:27 PM.

I thought I had to keep manually pressing the "Autoattack" button to, well, auto attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Didnt really do that much nooby stuff. Watched my friends play wow for a couple of months before I started myself, so I knew pretty much about the game already.

I do remember running around in those lvl 44 epic gloves on my hunter, that used to give "increased skill with axes/sword" or something JUST because they were epic. ^^ (a friend gave me them, and it was mail, so why not?!)

Dont really know if this counts as a noob-move, but I couldnt find any more quests when I dinged 57, in vanilla. So I ran all the way to Tyr's Hand and started farming elites. If I remember correctly, I did nothing else but farm there for 3 days so I could ding 60. Good times, good times.

EDIT: Edgemasters Gauntlets, right?
    Last edited by mmoc124d4cbc78; 2013-02-04 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    i made a holy/disc priest & smited my way to 60 in vanilla, i really didnt know any different back then lol

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't equip green gear because it was "soulbound". I thought it meant it would slow my character somehow (i'm not english motherlanguage). My Gear was all white stuff bought from vendors if i didnt get any random drop from mobs while questing

I had an all in one macro, unaware of things like gcd and cd's

I ganked low level players.
    Now I can actually beat guys of my own level and I don't do it anymore.

First character was a hunter (and it's still my character!). I thought I was encountering a bug when I couldn't fire my weapon anymore, as I had not realized I needed ammo. I found the ammo slot after like... 30 minutes of tooling around, and then didn't know what to do with it. I thought if I bought a new gun from the vendor it would come with ammo.

So I used all of the copper and silver I'd made in the starting zone to buy a new gun and then it had no ammo and I was sad. :'(

I had a close friend on my pick up Warcraft after watching me play it back in 2005.

He purchased the game, and rolled a Human Warrior. He made it to level 52 after a couple weeks, and then he started dieing alot. He asked me what he was doing wrong, but I had no idea. The next day I was over at his house and I found out that he made it to level 52 without ever going to see a trainer to get new spells, or use his talents..

I still laugh about it to this day lol

Deleted
    I started 2006. I thought I can regenerate hp and mana from food while I'm runing. Realised I can't 2 days later.

Also my first toon was Surv Hunter, and from the talents that spec had back then, hunter was looking like half melee class. So when I ran out of ammo in dungeons I was going melee. Ofc people were mad and I was like "don't worrie, I'm Survival Hunter!" The funny thing was I was actualy doing good dmg and beating some warriors in avrg gear in duels (only in melee, spaming all CD's)
    Last edited by mmocaba6dbdb5a; 2013-02-04 at 03:26 PM.

First character was a hunter back in classic. Had the Nightblade drop while questing and equipped it right away because it was the first epic I had ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    I honestly have no idea.

I do know, that back in the day 2005/2006, i was a melee warlock with my Felhunter. (firestones <3)

Ahhh the good ol' days where i was just trotting around Desolace enslaving the demons.

*trot trot trot* lol
    this!! ahhh firestones were the shizz lol

Sigh, this thread is amazing....

I remember leveling an Orc Warrior to level 7 spending every copper I made on vendor items that were "upgrades". And by upgrades I mean if they had more armor on them no matter if they cloth or leather of whatever. At level 7 I realized I could repair my gear but I had spent all of my copper buying new gear so I was broke. Promptly deleted that toon.

Next I made an Undead Warlock and got it to lvl 19. I remember getting my imp at like level 4 and was SOOOOOO EXCITED. At level 19 my imp died while questing and I didn't know you could rez is I just thought it was gone. Was so sad that I deleted that character as well.

Then I made a Night Elf rogue and at level 16 I did Warsong Gulch for the first time (you had to queue at the place in Ashenvale just to do the BG) and I remember seeing a hunter and thinking that I had to kill the pet before I killed the hunter. I was so amazed that I asked the next hunter that I saw if they could have any pet they wanted and he was like "Uhhhh, yeah what are you new to this game." So I got really excited I started my hunter which is my main to this day 6 years later.

I rolled a paladin to tank. Then I rolled on an int ring because it was blue. Felt pretty darn low after the group explained it to me. So I switched him to ret. Got a regular chewing out every time I rolled on a weapon... or strength mail/plate...

In retrospect, I just couldn't win with that paladin.

on my first toon, a warlock, i was using an agility dagger becasue it had higher damage...lol i would also start off in dungeons by using rain of fire til i was oom then run up and stab the mobs with my awesome dagger! fun memories =)

hmm in my first chest I found some black dye, and kept it for ages wondering how I could use it to dye my armour.

I kept my armour for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages cos it looked better than any other gear that dropped (this even included a Spirit helm on a Rogue).

I also originally thought that Ali names were all in green and Horde were in red, but I'd only played Ali at the time.. so only saw Horde with red names :/
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

15+ Year Old Account
    I never knew what the talent tree was for until i started tanking SM back in vanilla. After that, I carelessly put every single point in the prot tree and thought shield slam and revenge were the coolest moves ever.