Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Stress Test, August 12th

Happy weekend, everyone!

We will be conducting a stress test TOMORROW Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

--
    Please note:
    * The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
    * Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

~RB
    Thought I'd post this here, seeing as Mif poked me to let me know about it. So you can still send your donations to MifCo.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw 1 hr only and that would be way to early for me, count me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going away until Friday, so I am missing out, too.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only 1 hr? I'll take it.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

1 hour, I'll check it out. Going to tweak my recording settings for videos. I switched from Fraps to Bandicam (sigh at file size) and have found that I need to tweak a little bit.

Anybody got suggestions for a 2.2 Quad-Corei7, 16gb RAM, Radeon HD 6750M 1 gb playing at 1440 x 900? What worked best for your setup?

I'll probably just log in and go afk for an hour.

huummm....2am.
    Yh.....think i'll skip this one.

Ill maybe log in. Idk. Should be at least 2 hours >.<.

Starting at 10 or 9 am would be also for the best XD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Ill maybe log in. Idk. Should be at least 2 hours >.<.
    It would be nice, yes, if it was 2 hours. But I'm sure there's a method to Anet's madness.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    It would be nice, yes, if it was 2 hours. But I'm sure there's a method to Anet's madness.
    Network testing. Prioritizing what they need to see, make sure that little hiccup from Friday night's gone.

The last stress test served its purpose exceptionally, we need to spend time fixing that before launch, rather than giving people more time to mess around. We don't need another Diablo III launch.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Well those who pre-ordered will be playing on the 25th, which is 13 days after the stress test. Perhaps they want to finalize data and not take any more information besides the 1 hour?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Well those who pre-ordered will be playing on the 25th
    Nope, they'll be playing on the 27th, I believe. Those who pre-purchase will be playing the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlyrrh View Post
    Nope, they'll be playing on the 27th, I believe. Those who pre-purchase will be playing the 25th.
    Which I'm sure is what he meant, people just confuse the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only an hour!?

Part of me does not want to log in because the more I play the BWE's and stress tests, the more I miss playing the game and don't want to play anything else until the 25th FFFFUUUUUU!!!
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

I don't think I will be able to do this one Maybe I can get off work early but probably not. I also didn't get to do the last stress test because I had to stay at work longer than scheduled.

...Seriously? 3 Stress tests in one week, and I will participate in a total of 0 of them

Damn, I might not be able to make this.

Deleted
    Isn't this getting a bit out of hand? Might aswell throw in another beta weekend while we're on it.

The image was unnecessary. Infracted --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-12 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Isn't this getting a bit out of hand? Might aswell throw in another beta weekend while we're on it.
    Yes, because NO ONE would complain if they did stress testing during a beta weekend. No one at all.
    Also, 9hours =/= 60hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Not really. If Anet announces a stress test, then we know that the servers are going to be screwier than a regular BWE. They'll probably be more lag, d/c's, issues logging on, etc. If they ran both at once, it wouldn't be good for 2 reasons:

1. As Delias mentioned, people would FLOOD the forums with "I'm lagging" posts.
    2. With a dedicated stress test of a few hours they can focus on only a few parts of the game rather than potentially anything that could go wrong. As Anet likes to say, it allows them to iterate on connections and anything dealing with connections and server stability.