Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Getting your news.

So, as a young person who is wanting someone strong enough to resist corruption and be a good leader of our country... Where would I get my news from to find the TRUE facts. I always see "Fox news this" and "MSNBC that" and I don't understand the hate towards either.

That's not to say I'm for any specific news cast.. I just want to know... Where do people get their facts so that they know outright everyone else is completely lying? Where would someone who wants to get involved in this type of thing to make an educated decision find the right news anchors to tell the real story?

Please no de-railing I love MMO-C mods and I just want to learn.

Aveline's amazing work!

It's hard to know that what you're reading is completely true. Practically every source will spin it one way or another. "There's three sides to every story" as they say.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Every bit of news you will get will not be objective and have some amounts to spin. There is no news outlet that can offer what you want, though naked news makes news enjoable

10+ Year Old Account
    Wikipedia, everyone says it's biased and yet it seems to be one of the least biased, other than that, direct sources, and sites that don't have .net or .com attached to them. Also, reading an article and then comparing it to a large amount of other articles with different biases can also sort of help you separate fact from fiction.

I find NPR to be pretty dang good, as a general rule. Academic studies back up the idea that their listeners are highly informed relative to the more poppy sources.

If you're interested in international news, BBC and Al-Jazeera are both quite good reads.

Russia today is pretty good. NPR is kind of politically motivated as well.

Al-Jazeera is a good source, generally.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I read BBC.
    I respect the BBC because their talk shows are usually polite debates and not retarded shouting contests that we call the Sean Hannity Show.

As for actual news and not commentary, I actually don't think there is any outlet that has no bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    As for actual news and not commentary, I actually don't think there is any outlet that has no bias.
    Of course there isn't. Humans are inherently biased. But there are outlets that systematically try to avoid institutional bias, like the BBC. And then there's American "news".

Deleted
    everyone's biased, live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    It's hard to know that what you're reading is completely true. Practically every source will spin it one way or another. "There's three sides to every story" as they say.
    Sometimes there is only one side.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    And then there's American "news".
    I still don't really know what bias people hear on NPR.

Your newspaper.

^ I originally typed this in all caps.
    The lips of the righteous shall meditate wisdom, and he shall speak justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    So, as a young person who is wanting someone strong enough to resist corruption and be a good leader of our country... Where would I get my news from to find the TRUE facts. I always see "Fox news this" and "MSNBC that" and I don't understand the hate towards either.

That's not to say I'm for any specific news cast.. I just want to know... Where do people get their facts so that they know outright everyone else is completely lying? Where would someone who wants to get involved in this type of thing to make an educated decision find the right news anchors to tell the real story?

Please no de-railing I love MMO-C mods and I just want to learn.
    From as many sources as possible. The more sources you have, the easier you can create a consensus of it and the better that consesus will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I still don't really know what bias people hear on NPR.
    I'm more refering to Fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGender View Post
    Your newspaper.

^ I originally typed this in all caps.
    Uhhh....that must be dependent on where you live. My newspaper takes every opportunity possible to bash Obama and make Romney look like a god. I mean, it could be that 90% of my town is republican and just around 70% of my town is Mormon, and no, that's not an exaggeration, that's census data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    From as many sources as possible. The more sources you have, the easier you can create a consensus of it and the better that consesus will be.
    well some might say news media is not necessarily reflective of wider society, so even a picture from all news media might not do any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Uhhh....that must be dependent on where you live. My newspaper takes every opportunity possible to bash Obama and make Romney look like a god. I mean, it could be that 90% of my town is republican and just around 70% of my town is Mormon, and no, that's not an exaggeration, that's census data.
    Yes.......
    The lips of the righteous shall meditate wisdom, and he shall speak justice.

ALL the politicians available today are exactly the OPPOSITE of what you are looking for , the fact that they are posing as what you are looking is what makes them good politicians . GOOD HONEST politicians have no room in today's politics .