1. #2521
    Both were great, I'd probably prefer Rafael's goal for aesthetics but Bale's goal was the game winner late, so that probable edges it.

  2. #2522
    Dreadlord laffling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England/PA,USA
    Posts
    929
    I guess the bigger question is if Spurs don't make the CL will he stay or go.

  3. #2523
    Well you can bet Madrid will put in a huge bid in for him either way. He's a Perez type of purchase.

  4. #2524
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Bale or Rafael for goal of the month?
    Berba's

    But if I had to pick one of those two, I'd take Bale's. So far that guy is up there with RvP in the "player of the season" competition.
    BLANK

  5. #2525
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,234
    spurs onemanteam?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath
    www.predictthescore.net 18263957 is the code to join the MMO-Champion Mini-League.

  6. #2526
    Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,103
    sorry for the off topic post, but who sold me out?! Someone told Adam I was coming here for research! speak!

  7. #2527
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    spurs onemanteam?!
    Well, in terms of players that seem capable of finding the back of the net probably yes. I'd say as a squad we're very strong overall, we still dominate games for the most part (back 4s been a bit dodgy lately) so all we need to do is get more players capable of hitting the back of the net and it wont look quite so one man team style.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  8. #2528
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well, in terms of players that seem capable of finding the back of the net probably yes. I'd say as a squad we're very strong overall, we still dominate games for the most part (back 4s been a bit dodgy lately) so all we need to do is get more players capable of hitting the back of the net and it wont look quite so one man team style.
    Yup pretty much this. There are many good players, would love to see a striker that can score though lol

    Arsenal next week... that will be interesting.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  9. #2529
    Keyboard Turner Rawne1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Burnley, UK
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    sorry for the off topic post, but who sold me out?! Someone told Adam I was coming here for research! speak!
    A good source never gives himself up my love, although he did have a giggle when he rang me about this one. Thought I may as well pop in.

    On Topic.

    As a Liverpool supporter, and one trying desperately not to live in the glory years of his youth when we won things, I have to admit this past couple of seasons have turned up some surprising events.

    The Premier league table speaks for itself. It's been a while since I considered Tottenham in with a chance of a top league finish. Then we have the likes of West Brom, Swansea and Stoke all in the top 10. I remember when Wimbledon were a decent mid table team a few years back when the Premiership become a 4 horse race at the top.

    I'm glad other teams are joining in up there, it did start to get a bit dull seeing the same 3 names in the top 3 and Liverpool trying to hit 4th to get in Europe.

  10. #2530
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,322
    It's been a while since I considered Tottenham in with a chance of a top league finish
    As a Tottenham fan I have to ask you not to say that out loud, it tends to ruin things when we mention stuff like that.

    I think its one reason the EPL is the best league in the world though, every team can beat any other team and the league changes so much each season. Its also nice to see that teams can still compete at times with Chelsea and Man City when they have such crazy budgets.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  11. #2531
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    As a Tottenham fan I have to ask you not to say that out loud, it tends to ruin things when we mention stuff like that.
    I was listening to a special on the London Clubs on SR(Sveriges Radio) the other day and they were in London doing some interviews, and one of them was an old school spurs fan, he described it perfectly, "being a spurs fan is like being that man standing around and waiting for the train, seeing other trains go past", or something similiar rofl
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  12. #2532
    Keyboard Turner Rawne1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Burnley, UK
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    As a Tottenham fan I have to ask you not to say that out loud, it tends to ruin things when we mention stuff like that.

    I think its one reason the EPL is the best league in the world though, every team can beat any other team and the league changes so much each season. Its also nice to see that teams can still compete at times with Chelsea and Man City when they have such crazy budgets.
    I do apologise bud, I won't mention it again...

    I agree with you on that. These past few seasons have turned out pretty decent compared to the mid 00's. It's a lot more unpredictable than it has been, this season especially (apart from my own team who are performing about as well as I expected).

    It's nice that the top of the league has teams up and coming to put in a challenge for the title race now some bigger budgets have come into it.

  13. #2533

  14. #2534
    yeah it's sad, barca play too offensive and let so many 1-1 (always losing the match in the same way..), and the referrer took the match away..



    finally after 123213 passes like this it worked one and jordi alba scored
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  15. #2535
    1-3

    Madrid is the best counterattacking team in the world. I assume Alex Ferguson has taken notes. I'd probably just give Madrid the ball and counter them.

  16. #2536
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    1-3

    Madrid is the best counterattacking team in the world. I assume Alex Ferguson has taken notes. I'd probably just give Madrid the ball and counter them.
    Good match, enjoyed it. Still bits of acting which was frustrating but overall it was good. Disagreed with the half time pundits saying Ronaldo had been sublime, I didn't think he'd done much in all honesty and they were talking as if he took on Barca on his own.

    Madrid dominated, though. Should've been 4-5, Barca were terrible apart from like the first 5-10 mins.

  17. #2537
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Good match, enjoyed it. Still bits of acting which was frustrating but overall it was good. Disagreed with the half time pundits saying Ronaldo had been sublime, I didn't think he'd done much in all honesty and they were talking as if he took on Barca on his own.

    Madrid dominated, though. Should've been 4-5, Barca were terrible apart from like the first 5-10 mins.
    barca was barca, there was a moments when they lost the ball for more than 1 min and it was bad..

    barca playing too offensive so a lot of oportunities for ronaldo/dimaria 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 3

    barca barely had those chances cuz well they don't counterattack and rm did a really good job "waiting" for them.

    if the referee was fair and give a penalty to barca (well there was one and he thought pedro dived..) and messi scored that amazing freekick, I'm not saying barca would've won cuz it easily could end 2-2 and rm wins, but the match would've been more fair and better
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  18. #2538
    Fabregas has no impact on Barca's game whatsoever other than pushing Xavi further back. Xavi used to be able to roam much further up for chips over the defence, 1-2s with Messi or just constant through balls. But now he is so far back he can't do that anymore. Fabregas accomplishes nothing.

  19. #2539
    Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawne1980 View Post
    A good source never gives himself up my love, although he did have a giggle when he rang me about this one. Thought I may as well pop in.

    Brat! I can't believed i got ratted out! DAMAGE!

  20. #2540
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    Fabregas has no impact on Barca's game whatsoever other than pushing Xavi further back. Xavi used to be able to roam much further up for chips over the defence, 1-2s with Messi or just constant through balls. But now he is so far back he can't do that anymore. Fabregas accomplishes nothing.
    I'll take him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath
    www.predictthescore.net 18263957 is the code to join the MMO-Champion Mini-League.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •