10+ Year Old Account
    I don't normally cheer Scouse wins, but I'm inclined to make an exception.

Even if I've City players in my FF team. Still plenty of time yet though.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    I don't normally comment on football, because I hate it. But am I right in believing wayne rooney simply has a gash in his leg? It isn't fractured or broken? If so, that's pathetic! These so called heroes of sport should be able to compete even through light injury like that.

Last weekend, Casey Stoner crashed during qualifying for the MotoGP race at Indianapolis and broke his ankle..... and he still raced. Ben Spies injured his shoulder and still raced in the same event (until his engine blew). I think I can safely say I know who the real heroes of sport are... and it's not these footballers.
    When you understand the sport then you can comment, because right now you're one of those guys who will endlessly whine on about "megarich footballers" without understanding the perspective of the situation. From what I heard the gash is pretty serious, along roughly the lines of being slashed with a knife, thus meaning it has to be stitched much like major surgery, from there it has to heal which cannot occur while aggressive pressure is being placed on it & further to that while it is healing infection control has to happen whereby any possibility of infection is reduced to a level where only negligible risk is involved, therefore mucking around in grass & mud is not intelligent. Now I have hopefully educated you in the reasons as to why a gashed leg is a viable reason for a footballer to be out a month I do hope you'll return to your previous policy of not commenting on something you know sweet FA about, incidentally, if you wanted to use a proper badass example, the American relay runner who ran 200m at full pelt after breaking his leg would have been a better example, not someone who injured themselves due to their own lapse in concentration.

Rangers' first league game in England ended in a draw, but in truth we were lucky not to lose that game, Berwick had a goal chopped off where I can't see the foul and Neil Alexander produced a fine save 10 minutes from the end to turn a shot to safety when it looked like it had top corner written all over it, pathetic part is that there were almost 150 international caps represented in that Rangers team and we couldn't beat part-time footballers.

Celtic are rumoured to be chasing Maya Yoshida, he played for the Japanese Olympic squad up at Hampden in July against Spain and I remember saying to my mate that he's one that a few scouts should be watching, won everything in the air & on the ground that day, a proper old school central defender type day, surprised he's not turning bigger heads (premiership level clubs) but hey, he wouldn't be the first guy to use Celtic/Rangers as a stepping stone to the Premiership.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    you mean undefeated still after 2 games!? not even united has that :P

I did kinda predict a win for arsenal, not really sure why since we have won like 1 game out of 5 away to stoke.
    Heh yeah my initial thought were the same. At least the defense looks solid.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Great game between LFC and Man City. Shame we couldn't get the win. Good to see Suarez netting again! (And what a goal it was)

Man City were poor today but Liverpool also looked pretty decent, it was nice to see Carrol get a huge cheer when he came on, I guess the Pool fans appreciate that he wants to stay at the club and prove himself worth his transfer fee.

Carroll up top with Suarez. Put the talented and quick Sterling on the wing! Can't wait to see Nuri play!

10+ Year Old Account
    I need an opinion for Fantasy Football, i got 3 of the top 4 defenders in the team, but i need to sell 1 it's ether Ivanovic of Cahil, since next week i'm gonna have 3 players that aren't playing any games. Any idea who should i sell or get?
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    I need an opinion for Fantasy Football, i got 3 of the top 4 defenders in the team, but i need to sell 1 it's ether Ivanovic of Cahil, since next week i'm gonna have 3 players that aren't playing any games. Any idea who should i sell or get?
    Id sell Cahill. Wing backs are always more likely to score higher points. Cahill is good at scoring from corners etc but looking at Chelseas play this season Cole/Ivanovich are likely to get a lot of assists or even a few goals.

General tip for everyone is that its probably worth blowing your wild card really early once you've seen who teams are picking or who is playing well. I think I made 5 transfers at the end of week 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    After Chelsea's first 3 matches, I have to say, they're looking pretty freaking strong, bar the blunder Cech made against Reading. If they carry on this form for the season I think they're real contenders for the title. And this is coming from a United fan. The United I've seen so far hasn't been that brilliant, but the season has only just begun and still a lot of games to play. Either way, Chelsea have me worried... ;p And I was already worried about City... ;D

I had tipped Hazard to be the flop of the season, but already I think he has proved himself to tbe the signing of the season. He has been exceptional in the first 3 games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I had tipped Hazard to be the flop of the season, but already I think he has proved himself to tbe the signing of the season. He has been exceptional in the first 3 games.
    He has, 4 assists and 1 goal, if I'm not mistaken? In 3 games... I'm still butthurt he went to Chelsea, I know I need to get over it... but DAMN YOU HAZARD! :P

The dude moves his feet like lightening, and as soon as he gets into the box, defenders need to be really careful as he's easy to foul and get Chelsea a penalty. He's already got them 2 (again, if I'm not mistaken?).
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-08-26 at 06:34 PM.

Yeah thats a brilliant signing for Chelsea, I think Torres will display goal scoring form this season (wheres that Arsenal lad that said Arsenal strikers were better than Chelsea strikers btw? ) and Hazard and Mata are gonna terrorise defenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in the early scopes Hazard and Kagawa are going to be competing for signing of the season, assuming neither gets injured.

I'm just with d3v that it's a pity we couldn't have both.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah thats a brilliant signing for Chelsea, I think Torres will display goal scoring form this season (wheres that Arsenal lad that said Arsenal strikers were better than Chelsea strikers btw? ) and Hazard and Mata are gonna terrorise defenses.
    *waves* here I am! and I still firmly believe it, but I also think I said it before RVP left :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    *waves* here I am! and I still firmly believe it, but I also think I said it before RVP left :P
    Well, your team needs to start scoring at some point :P Imma put Torres above the Arsenal strikers atm, especially as he seems to be hitting that form I thought he would. Also now Adebayor is back at Spurs Imma put us above The Gunners too :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, your team needs to start scoring at some point :P Imma put Torres above the Arsenal strikers atm, especially as he seems to be hitting that form I thought he would. Also now Adebayor is back at Spurs Imma put us above The Gunners too :P
    well, spurs can't finish above gunners and Chelsea + manchester got top 3 :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Top four is still going to be two from Manchester + two from London.

Fifth is a fight between the remaining London club, Newcastle and Everton.

I'd love to say Swansea as well, but I don't think they'll sustain it for an entire season.

Everton looking amazing at the moment and right now I see them getting 4th place along with United, City, and Chelsea.

Liverpool are a shadow of what Benitez made the and there are already rumours of AVB making enemies at spurs. Making dawson captain and then trying to offload him. His man management is awful and I see spurs falling a part early.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2012-08-27 at 04:57 PM.

Liverpool are in what americans call a "rebuilding" stage. Have faith.

I agree, Everton are playing out of their minds right now. Can't wait for the derby.

I always find it funny when a club has a manager for ages that is quite decent, and then the fans seem to grow bored/tired and they kick him out only to totally fall apart as a club.

Benetiz was doing really well at Pool, CL finals and wins, running for the PL title but somehow that just wasnt enough and he got the boot. Charlton were the funniest though, Curbishley was there for so long keeping them top 10 in the PL, they got rid of him, got demoted and god knows what division theyre in now. Consistency in manager is huge in the PL, look at Everton as the best example, Moyes has been there forever and does a great job.