10+ Year Old Account
    Winning the Ballon d'Or hasn't had a Champions League winners medal as a requirement for about 3 years now.

If it did, Jose Bosingwa would have won it last year, if it weren't for John Terry jumping on the stage and taking his credit.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you need to win changes on a year by year basis, to make sure Messi gets it every year.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    I just think he's better than Messi at the moment and if he tops the scoring charts for the Champions League and wins it for them I reckon that's going to have some weight.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Winning the Ballon d'Or hasn't had a Champions League winners medal as a requirement for about 3 years now.

If it did, Jose Bosingwa would have won it last year, if it weren't for John Terry jumping on the stage and taking his credit.
    Bosingwa is probably one of the worst RBs to ever play for Chelsea. What got him through that night was nothing short of a miracle. If you look at the celebrations it's like Jose Bosingwa won it all by himself. JT was behind everyone. You couldn't even see him? He was also asked by UEFA to don his full kit to go up for the trophy celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    I just think he's better than Messi at the moment and if he tops the scoring charts for the Champions League and wins it for them I reckon that's going to have some weight.

Bosingwa is probably one of the worst RBs to ever play for Chelsea. What got him through that night was nothing short of a miracle. If you look at the celebrations it's like Jose Bosingwa won it all by himself. JT was behind everyone. You couldn't even see him? He was also asked by UEFA to don his full kit to go up for the trophy celebration.

He actually asked to do so.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaBigBird View Post
    He actually asked to do so.
    No.

It's a rule. If suspended players want to go up for the trophy celebration they need to be in full kit instead of a suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, no suspension for Aguero. Finally time to officially stop taking the FA serious. And we're supposed to celebrate their 150th anniversary at the UCL final at Wembley? Get out of here. First that Mcmanaman lad, now this. Not that it's any better in any other part of the world, but it's getting sickening.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    So, no suspension for Aguero. Finally time to officially stop taking the FA serious. And we're supposed to celebrate their 150th anniversary at the UCL final at Wembley? Get out of here. First that Mcmanaman lad, now this. Not that it's any better in any other part of the world, but it's getting sickening.
    Seriously here in holland they would have give him 10 matches suspension rofl i cant understand the FA isnt gonna look into this faul play.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seriously surprised and disappointed in this. But there's been several contentious decisions across the board that have simply gone unpunished this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Seriously here in holland they would have give him 10 matches suspension rofl i cant understand the FA isnt gonna look into this faul play.
    No, he would be shown an armband that says "RESPECT" by Gözübüyük...
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-04-15 at 04:56 PM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Heh doesn't work like that, you'd think that after leading Inter to the treble and Netherlands to the final in 2010, Sneijder should have won it but guess who they gave it to.
    please don't compare sneijder with messi/ronaldo.. (and he wasn't even top 3) wasn't it the year of 3 barca players? iniesta xavi messi.. it's about being the best player not getting to the finals/winning the champions..
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-04-15 at 05:57 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, he would be shown an armband that says "RESPECT" by Gözübüyük...
    Or that yes but that was against the coach not against a player xD
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

and aguero/david luiz thing, it was both fault, david hit aguero with his elbow first then aguero got mad obviously and did that
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which obviously makes it okay for none of them to get any kind of punishment. Get out man, Aguero should've gotten at least 4 games.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    please don't compare sneijder with messi/ronaldo.. (and he wasn't even top 3) wasn't it the year of 3 barca players? iniesta xavi messi.. it's about being the best player not getting to the finals/winning the champions..
    You are kidding me right now, right? That year Sneijder was phenomenal (he is crap now), but to not even be nominated as one of the 3 candidates is a joke in itself. Messi choked hard at the WC and still won it. Newsflash you can't be the best player and not win championships.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No way...Aguero gets away with that too. What a piss take.

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post

remember messi injures.. he played less in the cl than cr7 that's why he has less goals, I think he even played less in la liga but has more goals xD

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    You are kidding me right now, right? That year Sneijder was phenomenal (he is crap now), but to not even be nominated as one of the 3 candidates is a joke in itself. Messi choked hard at the WC and still won it. Newsflash you can't be the best player and not win championships.
    oh well, whatever you say ^_^

and yes you can, messi proved it last year.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-04-15 at 08:42 PM.
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, why do you even bother talking to him when he's so stubborn he'll never agree with you? He's almost Dutch.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's refrain from insults and unfair/unflattering stereotypes against groups of people.

Banter is one thing, but keep it civil.

heh, this absolutely tame compared to the dedicated football forum boards I visit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    heh, this absolutely tame compared to the dedicated football forum boards I visit.
    Oh I agree, but we keep it civil here because there's a level of decency these forums adhere to. The S&F team are also very proud of having a decent subforum with many excellent posters who can discuss things rationally and in a civil nature.

As I've said, banter and teasing is one thing, and I fully encourage and enjoy it. But insults and inflammatory comments are just going to get cut off, because that's what keeps this forum more enjoyable and user friendly than some of the more tribal football forums.