10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to see chelsea win so Rafa can stick his middle finger up to the chelsea fans, I dislike Benitez but the way he was treated at chelsea was/is despicable, I think that what he has done there can generally be considered a success. He took over a team fairly low on confidence with zero backing from the fans and managed to keep them challenging for cups, they were unlucky against city and I hope they beat benfica.
    Obviously sacking di matteo was a horrid move and Benitez has past history, but still support the damn manager.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-03 at 05:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I just want to see chelsea win so Rafa can stick his middle finger up to the chelsea fans, I dislike Benitez but the way he was treated at chelsea was/is despicable, I think that what he has done there can generally be considered a success. He took over a team fairly low on confidence with zero backing from the fans and managed to keep them challenging for cups, they were unlucky against city and I hope they beat benfica.
    Obviously sacking di matteo was a horrid move and Benitez has past history, but still support the damn manager.
    I agree, he's done a pretty decent job as interim manager, while the sacking of Di Matteo was pretty stupid in my eyes, Benitez has taken the team to the semi finals of the FA Cup, Finals of the Europa League and they're currently in the top 4 of the BPL... The way the fans are treating him is disgusting really, even if he has a "history".

Chelski fans are classless generally speaking, glory hunters who think they're owed something because their owner has cash - not unlike City fans. It's the difference between a club who have EARNED the right to be considered the top club in the country and those who have happened upon being there suddenly, Man. Utd. fans generally while being accustomed to success understand that a good manager is not defined by the trophies he wins but by the manner in which he does it. There are successful managers who are also good managers (Fergie for example, you could also point to Shankly, Stein & Walter Smith), but they generally have fans who care about the club, therefor unless a manager is truly terrible will avoid demonstrating against him.

(that's not to say that fans of those clubs don't do it - case in point, Paul Le Guen at Ibrox, although he was just a fuckwit when he came up here and was hounded because of it)

The way Chelsea have worked over the last 2 years has been bizarre, here we have a club who have won the Champions League, FA Cup and are now finalists in the Europa League, sure their league form has been less than stellar, but that's not a bad haul over 2 seasons - yet they're down 2 managers & want a third scalp! I can understand frustration at league positioning, but to sack Di Matteo less than 12 months into the job because of that was scandalous, for the fans to then ride the back of Benitez like a donkey just shows they're virtually clueless. He's done well to get them to a final and I would say have a great shout at winning it, yet he's being treated like the antichrist, every weekend hearing chants against him - support the team on the fuckin pitch you clowns - and clamouring for Mourinho.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    they never should have signed di matteo in the first place, thats the problem, he just happened to win the CL and got resigned they should have gone with their first plan instead of just randomly signing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    they never should have signed di matteo in the first place, thats the problem, he just happened to win the CL and got resigned they should have gone with their first plan instead of just randomly signing him.
    You don't just give a coach the boot who just won the freaking Champions League, as a freaking interim coach. It's the most elite club competition in the world, if he manages to win the trophy (whilst eliminating Barca on the way) you absolutely positively give him a shot for another season. If it doesn't work out, fine, fire him and follow your first plan, but laying someone off who just won the CL? No way in hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they can clamour all the want at Stamford Bridge but... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22400234

Someone is holding out till Ferguson retires methinks.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Well they can clamour all the want at Stamford Bridge but... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22400234

Someone is holding out till Ferguson retires methinks.
    I fear that Mourinho will take over after SAF and I sincerely hope it doesnt happen. I want someone from the club to take over when SAF retires.

Now he knows Guardiola's off to Bayern he pretty much knows he's atleast in with a shot at the United job unless Guardiola screws up in Germany.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    You don't just give a coach the boot who just won the freaking Champions League, as a freaking interim coach. It's the most elite club competition in the world, if he manages to win the trophy (whilst eliminating Barca on the way) you absolutely positively give him a shot for another season. If it doesn't work out, fine, fire him and follow your first plan, but laying someone off who just won the CL? No way in hell.
    exactly, he wasn't supposed to win CL for them but drogba carried them there, thats the whole point they just wanted him to end nicely and then get someone else, now he happened to win CL and their plans got reset, I'm not even a chelsea supporter but its quite obvious Di Matteo never was their choice at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Chelski fans are classless generally speaking, glory hunters who think they're owed something because their owner has cash - not unlike City fans. It's the difference between a club who have EARNED the right to be considered the top club in the country and those who have happened upon being there suddenly, Man. Utd. fans generally while being accustomed to success understand that a good manager is not defined by the trophies he wins but by the manner in which he does it. There are successful managers who are also good managers (Fergie for example, you could also point to Shankly, Stein & Walter Smith), but they generally have fans who care about the club, therefor unless a manager is truly terrible will avoid demonstrating against him.

(that's not to say that fans of those clubs don't do it - case in point, Paul Le Guen at Ibrox, although he was just a fuckwit when he came up here and was hounded because of it)

The way Chelsea have worked over the last 2 years has been bizarre, here we have a club who have won the Champions League, FA Cup and are now finalists in the Europa League, sure their league form has been less than stellar, but that's not a bad haul over 2 seasons - yet they're down 2 managers & want a third scalp! I can understand frustration at league positioning, but to sack Di Matteo less than 12 months into the job because of that was scandalous, for the fans to then ride the back of Benitez like a donkey just shows they're virtually clueless. He's done well to get them to a final and I would say have a great shout at winning it, yet he's being treated like the antichrist, every weekend hearing chants against him - support the team on the fuckin pitch you clowns - and clamouring for Mourinho.
    What a load of bullshit.

You're accusing Chelsea of having glory hunters as fans, but EVERY successful club has 'glory hunters'. I don't expect any non-chelsea fan to understand the whole benitez situation, but how you would you feel if a manager you loathe was put in charge of your club after he made such scathing attacks on you? He doesn't give a shit about Chelsea. He's just here to bump up his CV. You want us to praise him? How would you feel if a manager was put in charge of your club who picked out some of your legends and called them "Overrated" or accused them of being a cheat. Don't understand why we hate him? He replaced a club legend who was doing a good job. Just going through a blip.

Of course we hated Di Matteo being replaced. The fans didn't get rid of him, the owner did (under advice from Emnalo the director).

http://i43.tinypic.com/5o5n9k.png

Chelsea were successful in the late 90s picking up the FA Cup in 1996-1997 and 1999-2000 along with the Cup Winners cup. We were also in the Champions League positions in 1998 and nearly won the league a few years later if not for some terrible choking. We still filled Stamford Bridge every damn weekend.

As for managers, yes sometimes we get frustrated due to Roman's lethal touch, but how many trophies have we won in the last 10 years? We've been the most successful English club in the last 10 years. Everyone mentions Chelsea when people talk about managerial turnover but look at Madrid. We may have money behind us, but that doesn't mean success. You still need to build a decent team and have a spirit within the side. May I refer you to last seasons Champions League win? Look at City. They probably have the best squad in England yet can't finish out the group stages. Our debut in the Champions League (abro era) was very successful.

We loved mourinho. LOVED. The guy was incredible, and he's made us the team we are today. We were the bad boys of Europe. People hated us and we loved it.

Say what you want about Chelsea, but I think they have some incredible fans, and every week I go to Stamford Bridge I meet new people who are top class.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Tell that to Real Madrid. Oh wait, everyone forgets about Real Madrid because of their obsession of hating Chelsea.
    Last edited by mmoc06ccea41fb; 2013-05-03 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, don't involve us in this, we don't have any money invested in our team that wasn't made by us. Unlike you lot. That's what it's all about, the club being bought by a rich Russian/Qatar lad and he pumps the club full of money.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    I'm not bringing you into this and I'm certainly not bashing you. I think Madrid is a fantastic club. I'm just making the point that people single out Chelsea for being ruthless when Madrid are just as equally ruthless. Ruthless and still winning compared to Arsenal who stick with the same manager and same cheap spending yet haven't won a single thing for more than 8 years. No offence to Arsenal fans but don't try and tell me they wouldn't take an Abramovich. A man who wants to see Arsenal at the pinnacle of world football.

PS: I actually read something in the Guardian today (don't have the link), but because of Chelsea's success in the Champions League last season and the Europa League this season, England are still ahead on UEFA Co-Efficient and with Germany dominating, without us our coefficient could have dropped thus reducing the champions league places from 4 to 3, but will we get praise for that? No.
    Last edited by mmoc06ccea41fb; 2013-05-03 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Hey, don't involve us in this, we don't have any money invested in our team that wasn't made by us. Unlike you lot. That's what it's all about, the club being bought by a rich Russian/Qatar lad and he pumps the club full of money.
    The Spanish system is set up that only two teams profit from it with the way the tv deals are done. If that happens in England you'll see a huge gulf in what United, Chelsea and Liverpool make in tv revenue and then everyone else, purely in terms of international coverage.

The spanish system is pretty messed up. The clubs use money that belongs to the spanish state and have Germany pay their taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The Spanish system is set up that only two teams profit from it with the way the tv deals are done. If that happens in England you'll see a huge gulf in what United, Chelsea and Liverpool make in tv revenue and then everyone else, purely in terms of international coverage.
    Are you going to pay big bucks to watch Granade or Deportivo? It's being worked on anyway, it's expected to become more fair in the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    The spanish system is pretty messed up. The clubs use money that belongs to the spanish state and have Germany pay their taxes.
    This comment is so filled with ignorance it's not even funny anymore.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Are you going to pay big bucks to watch Granade or Deportivo? It's being worked on anyway, it's expected to become more fair in the next 3 years.
    Course not, nor are you going to ever want to watch teams if they aren't given the chance to grow.

That said Deportivo were a good side in the 90s.

If the British system worked the same way the Spanish did (and people have tried to change it) teams that recently gain promotion, along with sides like Wigan, Stoke, Swansea, Everton, Southampton etc, who simply don't hold a large share of the public tv market (and bare minimum in the international sales) will get pittance while the rich get richer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's how it works in Spain right now and they're changing it, nothing else can be said or done. In the Eredivisie, clubs barely make money from TV rights. They're doing just fine.

If's aren't that relevant though.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    As for managers, yes sometimes we get frustrated due to Roman's lethal touch, but how many trophies have we won in the last 10 years? We've been the most successful English club in the last 10 years.
    No, you havent, :S If you hadnt lost mourinho then maybe.
    Say what you want about Chelsea,
    Okay, their treatment of benitez was a disgrace, they should be thoroughly ashamed of thmeselves.

Anyway, the mighty Yeovil lost today to shffield united, 1-0 we play our return leg at huish park monday, definitely not out of this one, last time we went in to a play off semi final with a deficit this happened http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._2/6649773.stm was voted best game of the season that year :P

well they hate benitez that's why they treat them like that.

anyway benitez is doing a good job hopefully they change..

heard few barca rumours about tranfers..

tiago silva/hummels
    neymar/aguero/isco/lewandowski

they have around 300$m to spend in 4 players.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    well they hate benitez that's why they treat them like that.

anyway benitez is doing a good job hopefully they change..

heard few barca rumours about tranfers..

tiago silva/hummels
    neymar/aguero/isco/lewandowski

they have around 300$m to spend in 4 players.
    Hummels already said that if there is one club he wants to get transferred to, it's Barca. He doesn't have an exit clause in his contract though and is bound until 2017, so Dortmund has all the cards in their hand. They already lost Götze and will most probably lose Lewandowski too (rumors is that Real is onto him, they absolutely do not want to lose him to Bayern), so I doubt they will easily part with Hummels. If it's his explicit desire to go to Barca I think they might pull the trigger on a deal, but expect it to be ridiculously expensive.