Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    and here I thought he wouldn't quit until he would heartattack on the bench, so it was kinda unexpected! But its gonna be intressting to see what happens with united now I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    I already miss Sir Alex. What a legend.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I already miss Sir Alex. What a legend.
    How I feel too, just like Northern Goblin he's the only manager I've ever really known for United, it's going to be very strange to see someone take his place. It just doesn't feel right, but I guess it will as time goes on.

Deleted
    It is a sad day for any Manchester United fan, as great as all of these managers are, Mourinho, Moyes, Klopp, I can't see any of them doing what Ferguson did, either in success rate or the prolonged success of his career at United. The reception for him at Swansea will be magnificent and he will go down as one of the all-time greats of the sport. I personally would like Jose, however his lack of stability is worrying, I think that Moyes is a fantastic manager, but not United-standard of management, and Klopp is a mix between the two, not quite as successful as Jose, moreso than Moyes, and has a reasonable idea of staying at a club.
    I'm worrying about how it will all go though.

I've been a Manchester United fan for 16 years, since I was 6 years old, and a Man United without Sir Alex feels really weird. I haven't experienced them with a different manager, so while the news of him leaving weren't that surprising (age, health and so on), it will take time to get used to.

As for the candidates mentioned, I think Moyes, Klopp and Mourinho are all great choices. I kinda prefer them in that order though. I know some people will bash Moyes because of "lack of experience" or "lack of winning anything", but that doesn't bother me. He feels very similar to Sir Alex, he has stayed with Everton for over a decade, done great with the resources and would probably be a perfect match for Man United. Mourinho on the other hand would probably mean instant trophies, but he always gets bored of his teams after 2 years or so, and I would hate for Man United to settle with a manager who will most likely move on in a few years. I love Klopp, but I know he has made some statements about PL and that it isn't his first choice for a league.

Whoever gets picked, he will have my faith 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try and think about the transition periods at United. Life after Cantona, life after Schmeichel.

And for all the fear and uncertainty I had back then (Bosnich and Taibi anyone?) nothing comes close to the sinking feeling in my gut.

This next week may well be the most important days I've ever known to happen at Manchester United.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I don't envy the replacement coach at all.

Deleted
    C'mon chelsea!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what's gonna be even worse? The first day of the new season, without Fergie on the touchline.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Meanwhile, on the pitch it's 1-0 Chelsea early in the game

next step: man u disband.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm scared of what the first couple season without him are gonna be like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Madrid - Malaga is highly enjoyable, recommend you guys to watch it.

If Tottenham don't make the UCL, do you guys reckon Bale will leave?
    Ohio State Buckeye

Madrid-Malaga isn't on here. Looks like Malaga got an early red card, there will be only one winner in that game. It's just a matter of by how much.

"first Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires, somewhere there's a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left!"

A little light banterous humour appears on my facebook feed!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

2-2 Spurs with an offside equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    2-2 Spurs with an offside equalizer
    So now we just need a goal that didnt cross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    So now we just need a goal that didnt cross the line.
    hehe, to be fair the offside on abedayor was really close, pretty hard for a ref to spot I think. Anyway, good game, Bale has been pretty quiet but there is still time for a winner by him.

BTW, Huddlestone has been awful for you. Surely you have a better player than that in midfield?

Edit: Well Bale had his chance there at the end. 2-2 final score
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-05-08 at 08:38 PM.

Yeah Huddlestone was so disappointing this game, why he was allowed to take set pieces all game I dont know. Ade was really good for us this game, he keeps doing that ocassionally, just need the consistency from him.

Its silly that a draw against Chelsea at the Bridge is a bad result, most teams would kill to be able to get a point against an in form Chelsea team.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 man Malaga taking on Real Madrid at the Bernabeu atm, score is 5-2. Very enjoyable game so far. Ronaldo scored his 200th RM goal in 197 matches.
    Ohio State Buckeye