Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really want Belgium to be good, they have such a great generation going right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Wales played better than I thought they would, considering what players they were missing. The red card was justified, was a pretty bad tackle, pity it was the first red card of Collins career apparently. But other than that I think Belgium were the better side and deserved the win. Biggest test is Tuesday against Croatia... going to have to play well to beat them, but if we do, it's a good sign that Belgium might actually be able to end the years of not qualifying for tournaments...
    We played Croatia yesterday, and they are nothing special, they scored one goal thx to a mistake from our defenders, and that was it. They were lucky, we had one penalty not given, hit the post, and Srna cleared of the line, all in all if Belgium continue to play well i expect them to top our group. Gonna be fun watching Belgium play here, hope i can get Vermalen to sign my Arsenal jersey.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

No league play this weekend hurts me deeply

Deleted
    Wales played better than I thought they would, considering what players they were missing. The red card was justified, was a pretty bad tackle, pity it was the first red card of Collins career apparently. But other than that I think Belgium were the better side and deserved the win. Biggest test is Tuesday against Croatia... going to have to play well to beat them, but if we do, it's a good sign that Belgium might actually be able to end the years of not qualifying for tournaments...
    I went to this game yesterday, and I thought the ref had a howler. Firstly Fellani should have been booked early doors for a late challenge where he went in studs first. This lack of authority from the ref signalled that he was one for a bit of a more physical game. Collins tackle was a slightly mistimed 50/50, the defender Givet who was involved, went into the tackle just as hard.

In addition to this the ref let so many Belgian fouls go, arms + hands in face. Yet would pull up any Welsh foul, one that stood out was Ramsey winning the ball well off a player only to be brought back for a "shirt pull".

The free kick for the second goal was an absolute joke, and to make matters worse the ref let an absolute blatant forearm push on Church go moments before. The fact that two players were booked for Wales after this enforces the feeling of unjustness and poor decision making by a sub standard power crazed ref.
    BTW one of the players booked was Ashley Williams, a player that plays for my team, and has an impeccable disciplinary record. In a team that topped the Fair play league last season, and has never been suspended in his time at the club.
    The contest was more than spoiled by the referee, and although Belgium won the game 2-0 I was incredibly surprised at the lack of quality they showed. Yes they got the Job done, but this was meant to be the best side in the group. One thing is for sure they are full of goons. Fellani being the head of these, absolute filth he is.
    Sometimes in football you need a bit of luck, something we have never had, maybe we are paying the price for getting the spot in the 1958 WC. It don't half feel like a sentence sometimes following Wales, we get a bit of hope then it just goes wrong in the most bizarre way.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    I really want Belgium to be good, they have such a great generation going right now.
    Are you the ref from the game yesterday? He was from Sweden. Would explain a lot!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    I went to this game yesterday, and I thought the ref had a howler. Firstly Fellani should have been booked early doors for a late challenge where he went in studs first. This lack of authority from the ref signalled that he was one for a bit of a more physical game. Collins tackle was a slightly mistimed 50/50, the defender Givet who was involved, went into the tackle just as hard.

In addition to this the ref let so many Belgian fouls go, arms + hands in face. Yet would pull up any Welsh foul, one that stood out was Ramsey winning the ball well off a player only to be brought back for a "shirt pull".

The free kick for the second goal was an absolute joke, and to make matters worse the ref let an absolute blatant forearm push on Church go moments before. The fact that two players were booked for Wales after this enforces the feeling of unjustness and poor decision making by a sub standard power crazed ref.
    BTW one of the players booked was Ashley Williams, a player that plays for my team, and has an impeccable disciplinary record. In a team that topped the Fair play league last season, and has never been suspended in his time at the club.
    The contest was more than spoiled by the referee, and although Belgium won the game 2-0 I was incredibly surprised at the lack of quality they showed. Yes they got the Job done, but this was meant to be the best side in the group. One thing is for sure they are full of goons. Fellani being the head of these, absolute filth he is.
    Sometimes in football you need a bit of luck, something we have never had, maybe we are paying the price for getting the spot in the 1958 WC. It don't half feel like a sentence sometimes following Wales, we get a bit of hope then it just goes wrong in the most bizarre way.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 08:59 PM ----------

Are you the ref from the game yesterday? He was from Sweden. Would explain a lot!
    You sound like an extremerly bitter person lol, I didn't even see the game but Belgium has of late been a personal favorite, if they won 2-0 means wales wasn't really up to par which is sad but understandable they can't really hold their own.
    So your saying cause a person has had a good record and their team was top of the fair play last season they can't be booked? lol.
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-09-08 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geogaddi View Post
    No league play this weekend hurts me deeply
    This, I couldn't give a toss about international football!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    This, I couldn't give a toss about international football!
    I think its odd they put in qualifiers just as the league started but the qualifiers I can live with, however trainingmatches I could live without, is rangers division also not playing then, cause here in sweden I think they still play in the lower divisions during national breaks.

Normally the Scottish Football League would be continuing but for some reason they've not played today - I figured we were playing today until I checked, for what it's worth Rangers still hold the record for best attended game in Scotland this season as the "national side" could only manage less than 48,000!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Normally the Scottish Football League would be continuing but for some reason they've not played today - I figured we were playing today until I checked, for what it's worth Rangers still hold the record for best attended game in Scotland this season as the "national side" could only manage less than 48,000!
    isn't that due to rangers wanting to show they should be back and still show support for the club while the national side just had a very boring game like swedens :P

Deleted
    You sound like an extremerly bitter person lol, I didn't even see the game but Belgium has of late been a personal favorite, if they won 2-0 means wales wasn't really up to par which is sad but understandable they can't really hold their own.
    So your saying cause a person has had a good record and their team was top of the fair play last season they can't be booked? lol.
    So you didn't see the game, but can pass judjement! Btw the point I made about the player being booked is that he has an exceptional track record, it is extremely out of character and he must have been aggrieved by what was a shoddy display of officiating.
    For your information the sending off occurred in the 25th minute, so it was a long way for any team to go with 10 men. In a "Fair" game the result may have been different, but football isn't a "fair" game at this level. Fifa are a definition of hypocritical.
    Fact is it was a subpar referee from a sub standard league, god have mercy on the poor country that got officiated by FAW officials.
    BUT as you like Belgium, then they must be well deserving of the win even though you didn't see the game, and your opinion is greater than that of someone was there at the game. Logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they both went in studs first, but Collins was unlucky enough to be the one to hit the other player, it was a justified card frankly. And while you are entitled to your opinion, I'm sorry but I can not agree. Belgium were in no way more 'brutal' than Wales or in no way deserved more cards than they received, and they also played better than Wales. You might think I'm just being biased as I'm half Belgian, but most articles I've read on news sites seem to agree, Belgium were the better team and deserved to win. Calling our squad 'full of goons' just shows how serious I plan to take your comment/opinion (which is not serious at all). It's sad that you feel you have to resort to insulting the other team just because your team lost. If Wales had been better, I'd have said so. If they'd deserved to win, I'd have said so too. Fact is they didn't.

Everyone feels passionate about the team(s) they support, but a little common sense doesn't go a miss either, and by common sense I mean trying to view a match from as much a neutral and unbiased perspective as possible.

Now we've both stated our opinions about the match, last thing I want is an argument on the matter or flaming to occur, so maybe we should just leave it at that.

On a side note, it kind of surprises me Belgium is considered the 'top' team in this group, especially after how our National team has performed the past 10 years. Croatia would have been my first guess as favorites for the group, especially seeing they qualified for Euro 2012 and Belgium didn't. Tuesday they play each other, I guess we'll soon see.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-09 at 01:21 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you didn't see the game, but can pass judjement! Btw the point I made about the player being booked is that he has an exceptional track record, it is extremely out of character and he must have been aggrieved by what was a shoddy display of officiating.
    For your information the sending off occurred in the 25th minute, so it was a long way for any team to go with 10 men. In a "Fair" game the result may have been different, but football isn't a "fair" game at this level. Fifa are a definition of hypocritical.
    Fact is it was a subpar referee from a sub standard league, god have mercy on the poor country that got officiated by FAW officials.
    BUT as you like Belgium, then they must be well deserving of the win even though you didn't see the game, and your opinion is greater than that of someone was there at the game. Logic.
    Please, tell me where I've said my opinion is greater then anyone it seems you think your opinion is greater then mine though, just cause I didn't watch the game doesn't mean I haven't read/watched highlights and such of it, I don't really have any idea clue on how the ref did anything to the game but purely looking at the squad Belgium has a really good lineup which should beat the welsh one nine out of ten times, in fact I've been following the developement of Belgiums football cause they had amazing players coming through but seeing as your welsh I guess you have a better understanding and your opinion is surely alot better then mine.
    Since your onto track records I can also say that the ref has mixed reviews from the swedish league but he's one of the better ones since he's allowed to be there for the international matches, no idea why you feel the need to try and attack me cause wales wasn't good enough (like usual) and I even like wales (aaron ramsey!)

also is people aren't allowed to have opinions unless they've watched the game live what is there to discuss?

On a side note, it kind of surprises me Belgium is considered the 'top' team in this group, especially after how our National team has performed the past 10 years. Croatia would have been my first guess as favorites for the group, especially seeing they qualified for Euro 2012 and Belgium didn't. Tuesday they play each other, I guess we'll soon see.

a bit like spurs isn't it, people keep thinking they gotta make it someday :P
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-09-09 at 01:51 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, they both went in studs first, but Collins was unlucky enough to be the one to hit the other player, it was a justified card frankly. And while you are entitled to your opinion, I'm sorry but I can not agree. Belgium were in no way more 'brutal' than Wales or in no way deserved more cards than they received, and they also played better than Wales. You might think I'm just being biased as I'm half Belgian, but most articles I've read on news sites seem to agree, Belgium were the better team and deserved to win. Calling our squad 'full of goons' just shows how serious I plan to take your comment/opinion (which is not serious at all). It's sad that you feel you have to resort to insulting the other team just because your team lost. If Wales had been better, I'd have said so. If they'd deserved to win, I'd have said so too. Fact is they didn't.

Everyone feels passionate about the team(s) they support, but a little common sense doesn't go a miss either, and by common sense I mean trying to view a match from as much a neutral and unbiased perspective as possible.

Now we've both stated our opinions about the match, last thing I want is an argument on the matter or flaming to occur, so maybe we should just leave it at that.

Belgium committed more fouls in the game and had a lions, share of posession. I watched the game, and every week I watch a team that plays posession football. Every time we started to produce any form of move, there was a push/shove. In addition to this and I single Falleni out again as he is just filty, he keeps the foot in after players have gone past him. Did you see the tackle on Bale by the right back, Bale knocked the ball on past him and he sythed him down. It wasn't a late tackle it was a proffessional foul that is part and parcell of the game.

It wasn't a great tackle, but a red card it was not. Especially when the ref let 2-3 tackles that merited bookings go. So if he is to implement the letter of the law then why were these not given. I am far more cheesed off with the ref than anything, I believe that he spoiled the game as a contest.

The first goal came from Kompany as good as it may have been he out muscled the marker (not fouled), however had the sending off not occured the man that was then marking Fellani would have been on Kompany. He would not have been given the space for that header. The second goal was a great strike, but from a Free kick that wasn't a foul.

Other than the 2 goal scoring chance, Belgium created very little against 10 men. Up untill the second goal Wales were keeping their discipline well and with the changes were far more offensive minded, with a bit of luck I thought we would get something from the game.

Moving on from that, I think belgium are considered the favourites as they are a team in the ascendancy. Also they are the only nation without any rivalry, Croati and Serbia + Wales and Scotland will have a extra meaning to the ties. Also Croatia are a bit hot and cold, but their best days are behind them. Modric on his day can tear any team apart tho and if he is on it I think he can raise a performance from his team mates. Serbia again are in decline. Scotland are not the greatest, but will battle. Wales have some really good players, and up untill about 10 months ago we were really starting to progress as a team, and altho we are ranked the bootom seed. Back then the expectation was quite high. Shame our manager killed himself and a lot of the optimisum faded. Its a shame that we go into the opening fixtures with a substantial amount of key players missing. Only 1 of the players that played for the olympic side was on show Friday night.

Unfortunetly now for us we have to go to Serbia, a place that isn't the greatest for us. A defeat and its almost impossible to get back in the hunt for a spot.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 03:19 AM ----------

Please, tell me where I've said my opinion is greater then anyone it seems you think your opinion is greater then mine though, just cause I didn't watch the game doesn't mean I haven't read/watched highlights and such of it, I don't really have any idea clue on how the ref did anything to the game but purely looking at the squad Belgium has a really good lineup which should beat the welsh one nine out of ten times, in fact I've been following the developement of Belgiums football cause they had amazing players coming through but seeing as your welsh I guess you have a better understanding and your opinion is surely alot better then mine.
    Since your onto track records I can also say that the ref has mixed reviews from the swedish league but he's one of the better ones since he's allowed to be there for the international matches, no idea why you feel the need to try and attack me cause wales wasn't good enough (like usual) and I even like wales (aaron ramsey!)

also is people aren't allowed to have opinions unless they've watched the game live what is there to discuss?

Its gone from "I haven't seen the game" to watching it live, I also like your statement of 9/10 games the two would play Belgium would win. Also that the team lineups, a game of football has never and will never be won on a game of paper.

As for the "like usual" comment, sort of sums you up. Yet you question why I have a go. I think in answer to your own question, it's simply Arrogance. Guess you "follow" the Arsenal.
    Last edited by mmoca8e862da62; 2012-09-09 at 02:20 AM.

Its gone from "I haven't seen the game" to watching it live,
    Are you not reading peoples posts or you just make shit up so you can attack them? He said he watched highlights and read reviews, how the fuck you translate that into him saying he watched it live I'll never know.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its gone from "I haven't seen the game" to watching it live, I also like your statement of 9/10 games the two would play Belgium would win. Also that the team lineups, a game of football has never and will never be won on a game of paper.

As for the "like usual" comment, sort of sums you up. Yet you question why I have a go. I think in answer to your own question, it's simply Arrogance. Guess you "follow" the Arsenal.
    You started this whole and if you think I'm just gonna sit while you make sad comments about me on no basis at all and expect me to not respond in the same manner, yeah right.

Tell me where I've said anything in my first post about Wales not deserving points or being a shit team, but no I didn't I merely expressed my liking and hope for Belgiums team in general I didn't say anything at all about Wales I was just hoping to see Belgium get into the next world cup and get a good team going how is that anything even related to trashing wales?

isn't that due to rangers wanting to show they should be back and still show support for the club while the national side just had a very boring game like swedens :P
    No it's more to do with the fact Rangers supporters aren't like the rest of Scottish football, we're not fairweather fans so we'll turn up regardless, the rest of Scottish football has got to the point where the average SPL game is lucky to get 6-7,000 at a game & even Celtic haven't drawn numbers to Parkhead for domestic games this season. The national side has been dismal for years and attendance at one point sunk as low as 11,000 at Hampden as recently as 2003 for a game against Austria (a game I went to), after the periods in charge firstly by Walter Smith then Alex McLeish where we were moderately successful with decent results against France for example the fairweather fans came out. Scottish football has largely been deserted by "supporters" who were quick to run their mouths over the summer with crap like "we won't be back at games if Rangers aren't voted out" when the truth is we've been - correctly it must be said - voted out of the SPL but attendances in the league have dropped dramatically. Basically they got what they wanted but aren't willing to support their teams by going to games because they know the SPL has already been won by Celtic - I'm not saying there haven't been fans who do go, but nowhere near the same number of them who were saying "we won't be going to games unless Rangers are kicked out".

watching Scotland's national side though is actually worse than watching paint dry, Levein is tactically inept to the point where he actually played with no recognised strikers on more than one occasion - that's not football which you want to watch, you want atleast a bit of spark about the team which hasn't been there since McLeish left. Oddly enough our best football was played in recent times under two former Rangers managers inclusive of the man who was once dubbed one of the most defensively minded "anti-football" tacticians in European football (Walter Smith) - problem is also based around a lack of investment in youth development over the last 50 years. The only clubs in Scotland who actually have good, passable youth set ups are Rangers & Celtic, Hibs produced a few good young players a few years ago (Scott Brown, Steven Thomson, Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor for example) but they all have taken significant steps back with the exception of Brown.

15+ Year Old Account
    As I said, I think it's rather pointless to discuss it further, I saw the match and I know what I think of it, and apparently news sites seem to share my opinion. I'm not saying that as 'proof' of 'I'm right and you're wrong', as that's not what it's about. I'm merely saying that to suggest that my opinion of the match isn't completely biased in favor of Belgium. As I said before, no matter what match, if the team I support is playing or not, I'll always try be as neutral and unbiased in my opinions as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Are you not reading peoples posts or you just make shit up so you can attack them? He said he watched highlights and read reviews, how the fuck you translate that into him saying he watched it live I'll never know.
    Read his second post.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 09:09 PM ----------

As I said, I think it's rather pointless to discuss it further, I saw the match and I know what I think of it, and apparently news sites seem to share my opinion. I'm not saying that as 'proof' of 'I'm right and you're wrong', as that's not what it's about. I'm merely saying that to suggest that my opinion of the match isn't completely biased in favor of Belgium. As I said before, no matter what match, if the team I support is playing or not, I'll always try be as neutral and unbiased in my opinions as possible.
    Tbh my gripe is with the ref, not with Belgium. So pissing frustrated with how it was officated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep this civil, there's been nothing outright infract worthy so far, but there's a lot of borderline personal attacks and ad hominem that can stay out of this thread.

You've all been warned.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gimme more football, atleast there is qualifiers coming I guess hopefully the Arsenal players keep their form and come back without injuries.