10+ Year Old Account
    Zinedine Zidane has been made Sporting Director of Real Madrid. He and the new coach will decided who comes and who goes. This position was abolished thanks to one Jose Mourinho, who wanted to be in control of everything.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Good choice, I always never saw ZZ being this god of football, I think because I was quite insular and only really focused on lower league but having watch some footage he was quite some player.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was no Johan Cruijff, but he could play some football.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Still scored one of the best goals ever scored at Hampden, thing of beauty that strike!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Falcao has apparently signed for Monaco for one year.

This all about the money, pure and simple.

His progression of teams

Porto (CL) -> Atletico (EL) -> Monaco (newly promoted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for him, I'd love to live in Monaco for 10 million a year.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Good for him, I'd love to live in Monaco for 10 million a year.
    But he could have lived in Manchester for 10 million a year

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, tempting.

AS Monaco have brought in Ricardo Carvalho on a free transfer from Real Madrid.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-05-28 at 06:51 PM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on!

You clearly used a photo that was taken on one of the 362 days a year Manchester was raining, that isn't a fair means to show the weather all year around!

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    The first part was sarcasm right... sorry just need to double check. :P
    I too was amazed by City this year, how utterly droll and poor they were. I did not expect that.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Monaco would definitely be a great place to be at while earning that money. Speaking of Monaco, I would laugh if they don't win their case against the French FA. If they don't, they'll be back in Ligue 2 with all of those expensive players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, best second division team ever?
    Ohio State Buckeye

Hah, best second division team ever?
    Nope, that's Rangers I'm afraid.

And c'mon, we all know that picture technically constitutes a DRY day in Manchester!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Nope, that's Rangers I'm afraid.

And c'mon, we all know that picture technically constitutes a DRY day in Manchester!
    This is sadly true.

The Manchester bit, not the second division team, that's clearly Yeovil now.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Not to be mean to all you British guys, but we just had our second(!!!!!!!) day above 15 degrees with NO(I repeat, NO) rain here in Holland! This must be the best day of this year, I even had icecream!

On a sidenote, Patrick Kluivert has left Twente's staff. Apparentely he was not good enough to be part of the first team staff so he left. Wonder where he's going, he did well with their U21.

I also wonder who will become manager at Milan, Allegri will surely leave, but who will be his successor?
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I think everyone can agree that Ronaldo and Messi are the 2 most talented players of this generation. But will they be remembered as Cruijff, Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano and Puskas? Are they 2 of the best players of all time? I personally think they are. They're both scoring 55 goals in a season, they carry their teams like no other. They're not on the level of Johan Cruijff, but I think they are at least comparable to Maradona and Pele.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I think everyone can agree that Ronaldo and Messi are the 2 most talented players of this generation. But will they be remembered as Cruijff, Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano and Puskas? Are they 2 of the best players of all time? I personally think they are. They're both scoring 55 goals in a season, they carry their teams like no other. They're not on the level of Johan Cruijff, but I think they are at least comparable to Maradona and Pele.
    They are above all of them, the game is more demanding now, to consistently perform like they have and at that level puts them as the best players ever for me, I think my lack of experience of cruyff maybe clouds that view, I know he was good but I rarely see anyone in the UK say he was better than pele/maradonna.

I have seen play all sorts of great players such as Messi, CRonaldo, Maradona, Romario, Zico, Socrates, Van Basten, Savicevic, Platini, Maldini, and numerous others.

The best player I have seen play was Ronaldo (the brazilian one). His career got cut short by injuries and his thyroid condition but during his peak there was no one better.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22702910 seems bale isn't so dead set on staying at totenham (according to his agent)
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/209491.html Fabrigas to United? Not so sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have seen play all sorts of great players such as Messi, CRonaldo, Maradona, Romario, Zico, Socrates, Van Basten, Savicevic, Platini, Maldini, and numerous others.

The best player I have seen play was Ronaldo (the brazilian one). His career got cut short by injuries and his thyroid condition but during his peak there was no one better.
    In today's climate, think about what it would take to get your hands on Lionel Messi. I personally don't believe he'll ever move, but thinking about the financial cost alone is staggering.

As for how they compare... It's not often admitted in England, but Maradonna sits at the top for one reason; he made a very poor Argentinian side successful, while all the other candidates (in the main) were in great sides.