10+ Year Old Account
    Football Season 2013/2014 the year of the new managers! Well, and Arsene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    New fixtures are out tomorrow at 9am, need a new thread.
    Won't be doing a new thread until the week before the leagues kick off. This season is still technically active with the ongoing tournaments.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

u21 Spain win 4-2 final over u21 Italy

Absolutely dominating tournament for Spain. Some great upcoming players there too such as Isco and Thiago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great thats all we need..more spanish domination. I say this not as an anti spain person, im not, its just England are so shit.

Well some good news for England supporters, dray. Pearce was fired as the u21 coach. I do think there is a lot more that needs to be done other than changing coaches but you have to start somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Pearce is merely a tool, its the infrastructure and premier league that need sorting, grass roots here is actually a lot better than I remember as a kid but its not really showing on the pitch yet, I just hope more premier league clubs put these youngsters in to the starting line up. I dunno, I have so little hope when it comes to England, I havent enjoyed them since 98.

Yeah, one of the issues is that Englands youth players are not really getting an opportunity and a big part of that is how much money the EPL teams have (in comparison to Spain and Italy for example). La Liga and Serie A have a lot more homegrown youth players in the top league than any other major European league, and it shows at the international level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but the Eredivisie is full of Dutch players and you've seen where that got us. Great football, no prizes.
    Ohio State Buckeye

same with argentina
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Yeah but the Eredivisie is full of Dutch players and you've seen where that got us. Great football, no prizes.
    Come on now, they at least perform to a certain level, if you have watched an england game in the last 10 years, we are awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is very true, but you guys have a world cup. We could never compete with that. At the end of the day, people only remember the prizes you've won, not how you've won it.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    True to a degree yes, the Dutch are the best team to never win a major tournament, however there is no sense of pride of the England team, every year we work ourselves up with the media overhype and every year we look horrendous, anyone who had to sit through the first 3 games of the last world cup will realise just how awful England really are, there is little/no hope for the future. Being a dutch fan must be difficult too, the potential is actually there, but you just keep falling at the last hurdles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds a bit like the Belgian team too (falling at the last hurdles). However I'm hoping that's changed now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal v Aston Villa

Chelsea v Hull

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

Liverpool v Stoke

Man City v Newcastle

Norwich v Everton

Sunderland v Fulham

Swansea v Man Utd

West Brom v Southampton

West Ham v Cardiff

What a boring openeing day of the season.

Moyes first games of the season....ouchy
    17 August: Swansea (away)

24 August: Chelsea (home)

31 August: Liverpool (away)

14 September: Crystal Palace (home)

21 September: Manchester City (away)

Yeovil start at millwall, yuck, filthy fans.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-06-19 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, least we get Millwall out the way as soon as possible.

Honestly I think that's a great fixture list for Moyes to kick off with, in recent years United haven't had the best of starts and come in strong in the run up to Christmas, and then kick on throughout the turn of the year. I'd be happy to get 9+ points out of that opening 5

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 12:12 PM ----------

Oh and great news that I know Koodle will be pleased to hear, the FA Cup final once again closes out the season!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Honestly I think that's a great fixture list for Moyes to kick off with, in recent years United haven't had the best of starts and come in strong in the run up to Christmas, and then kick on throughout the turn of the year. I'd be happy to get 9+ points out of that opening 5

Oh and great news that I know Koodle will be pleased to hear, the FA Cup final once again closes out the season!
    Really! That is great news, the FA CUP should never ever ever have been before the season finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

About fuckin time! I might not watch it, hell I'm not even that arsed about who wins it, but it shouldn't be played at the same time as meaningless Premiership games or delayed for the European Cock Measuring Trophy (better known as the "Champions" League) - last game of the season, the way it should be!

Rangers open up the Division 2 campaign at home to Berwick Rangers, although I believe that our first game of the season is scheduled to be a Ramsdens Cup match, we opened last years campaign away to Berwick in the Ramsdens cup, seems like a ways away now!

Hearts still haven't appointed an administrator yet, the Hearts board want KPMG to oversee the administration while Hearts' parent company UBIG (who are currently in insolvency themselves) want BDO, who are responsible for the liquidation process at Rangers. Rumblings coming out of Tynecastle suggest that liquidation is the most likely route given the massive debt owed (£25m) combined with the lack of funds which have seen Hearts struggle to pay either the players on time or indeed pay HMRC on time - I have zero sympathy for them whatsoever. Tried to hang with the Old Firm despite the fact they have a shitty little stadium in a shitty little part of the world and were for a long time paying wages in excess of 100% of annual turnover - doesn't take a genius to figure out that's not going to work - not to mention payouts in compensation for numerous managers over Vladimir Romanov's tenure as owner. When you're pulling in under 20,000 punters you can't expect to compete with clubs who pull in 40,000 every other week, simple economics will tell you that, but a prominent Hearts figure last year said he knew the club was fucked when they played Liverpool in the UEFA cup and realised Hearts had a bigger squad than Liverpool! They're currently under a registration embargo, their entire first team squad is up for sale and there is considerable doubt as to the future of Danny Wilson who signed a pre-contract agreement with Hearts last month.

Adding further fuel to that fire, Dundee boss John Brown has blasted Hearts stating they manufactured the administration process in order to avoid a 15 point deduction last season in order to stave off relegation to D1. Now Bomber's a fruitloop and says more than his prayers at times, but I agree with him there, administration's been an inevitability at Hearts for a long time now, UBIG have been in Lithuanian insolvency proceedings for MONTHS now so how the diddy league could say they weren't in an insolvency event last season is beyond me!

Finally, Rangers have received word that we CAN play trialists to open the season, the rulebook of the new Scottish Professional Football League (that's a mouth full if ever there was one!) states that while trialists can't play in top level competition they CAN play in the lower leagues. Means our multiple new signings can appear in up to 3 matches each, no more than 2 per match.
    Last edited by koodledrum; 2013-06-19 at 04:51 PM.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    European Cock Measuring Trophy (better known as the "Champions" League)
    Hah.

Hopefully we'll get the FA Cup final broadcast here next year, couldn't find it this year.

EDIT: Oh Marca
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-06-19 at 03:51 PM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

I don't see Spain trying to get that record. I could be wrong on that but I really think that after 6 or 7 goals that we will just go into maintenance mode and just control the game. It serves no one to try to run up the score.

Also, I imagine the team will completely changed from the one that beat Uruguay.

Trying to watch this Brazil vs Mexico game.

Finding it hard due to Mark Lawrenson.