Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    We robbed Chelsea and we couldn't give a shit!!

Mad game that, I admit that we had the luck of the decisions but they have had their fair few in this fixture over the years, massive 3 points I couldn't be happier. Best moment aside from the goals? the United fans singing ''you should have signed for a big club'' to Hazard as he was substituted. Class!
    2 penalties, 2 red cards, 3 offside goals, all in favor of man utd last 4 games...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizor View Post
    2 penalties, 2 red cards, 3 offside goals, all in favor of man utd last 4 games...
    Sometimes the luck goes your way, other times it doesn't. Last few years we've had some terrible officiating against Chelsea, people forget these things tend to even out over a season.

No one today was sent off that should have been on the pitch if officiating for 90 minutes was perfect.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    after seeing the torres situation I'm very suprised that evans managed to avoid yet another booking lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    So the big story out of yesterday isn't either red card, or the offside goal.

Chelsea have instead made a complaint that the referee used racial language at two different players. Considering he's microphoned up to the two linesman and the fourth official, if he's said anything they'll have heard it.

They'll probably start recording these conversations now, or should do what they do in rugby, and play them through the stadium's speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Sometimes the luck goes your way, other times it doesn't. Last few years we've had some terrible officiating against Chelsea, people forget these things tend to even out over a season.

No one today was sent off that should have been on the pitch if officiating for 90 minutes was perfect.
    if you are referring to torres high boot on clerverley, similar situation happened last year where evans was even higher with his boot and hit drogba in his chest and was no where near the ball. You'll never guess what happened.... dogba was craded for simulation.

if it was right to book torres for simulation, ivanovic should never have gotten red becouse there was equal or less contact he made on young and it was accidental other than evans tackle against torres.

And everyone knows that it is a fact that if you referee poorly against ferguson you carrer as a referee quickly goes downhill.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you are referring to torres high boot on clerverley, similar situation happened last year where evans was even higher with his boot and hit drogba in his chest and was no where near the ball. You'll never guess what happened.... dogba was craded for simulation.
    Then it was a bad call, two wrongs don't make a right.

if it was right to book torres for simulation, ivanovic should never have gotten red becouse there was equal or less contact he made on young and it was accidental other than evans tackle against torres.
    He took Young out of a goal scoring opportunity, accidental or not, and there was more contact with the cross over of legs, compare that to the touch Evans got on Torres. Regardless, Ivanovic should have been off in the first half for a two footed challenge on Evra with the studs up.

And everyone knows that it is a fact that if you referee poorly against ferguson you carrer as a referee quickly goes downhill.
    I'm going to ask you to read the OP of this thread, particularly point three. Consider this your warning on that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ivanovic was pretty clear cut, goalscoring red and all, still think its a stupid rule but the ref had no choice really.

Then it was a bad call, two wrongs don't make a right.

He took Young out of a goal scoring opportunity, accidental or not, and there was more contact with the cross over of legs, compare that to the touch Evans got on Torres. Regardless, Ivanovic should have been off in the first half for a two footed challenge on Evra with the studs up.

I'm going to ask you to read the OP of this thread, particularly point three. Consider this your warning on that.
    Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn't refereed a Manchester United game since.
    Mike Dean - referee, in 2010, after Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship.
    Alan Wiley, called "fat and unfit" by Alex after Manchester United's draw with Sunderland," agreed to retire" that season, he was also the ref on OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool.
    Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn't refereed Manchester United game since.
    Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn't been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off.
    Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn't done since the 2001-02 season.....

Facts

Honestly when was the last time someone got straight red for high boot when he was honestly trying to go for the ball?

And Evans didn't take torres out of a goal scoring opportunity? There was contact, torres fell, should've been yellow for evans.
    Last edited by Raizor; 2012-10-29 at 03:26 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    should have been yellow for both, clear dive but still a reckless challenge by evans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn't refereed a Manchester United game since.
    Mike Dean - referee, in 2010, after Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship.
    Mike Dean has been criticised by more than Sir Alex, he was being ragged on prior and post game from multiple sources. And Referees can go a year without being involved with certain clubs, it's coincidence. 10 months since his last game (and that's not taking into account 4 of those months are spent in offseason)

Alan Wiley, called "fat and unfit" by Alex after Manchester United's draw with Sunderland," agreed to retire" that season, he was also the ref on OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool.
    Which Sir Alex was criticised for and apologised, also serving a touchline ban. Of course Wiley's retirement that year had nothing to do with the criticism in the Arsenal/Bolton game, the Stoke/City game or the terrible refereeing of Portsmouth/Tottenham in the FA Cup semi final that year. Or that he was a year over the age limit, along with Steven Bennett, who also retired, despite being asked to carry on by the FA.

Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn't refereed Manchester United game since.
    Atkinson gets criticised by multiple people, from time added on to ghost goals. Sir Alex got a touchline ban (again) for his words against him. Also he has refereed games since, FA Cup vs Liverpool last season springs to mind.

Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn't been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off.
    Wasn't his last game before he retired a United match? Not to mention he was in charge of several Arsenal/United clashes after sending Keane off. Also, two years is nothing, Clattenburg didn't get an Everton game for five years after botching the Liverpool derby in 2007.

Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn't done since the 2001-02 season.....
    "There is absolutely no truth in suggestions Chris has been demoted or punished in some way," spokesman Phil Dorward said. "The fact is it is his turn to officiate at a League game this weekend.
    "Chris has refereed more Premier League games than most this season and there is a rota system in place.
    "We have been delighted with the standard of Chris's performances. He's having a good season."

Because of course, he was already scheduled to referee that match is completely beside the point right?

Facts
    Helps if you tell a full story in future. A lot of the referees that are punished above tend to be for other causes, usually when several managers have complained.

Put the tinfoil hat down.

Honestly when was the last time someone got straight red for high boot when he was honestly trying to go for the ball?
    Swansea vs Sunderland last month.

And Evans didn't take torres out of a goal scoring opportunity? There was contact, torres fell, should've been yellow for evans.
    There were other defenders back. Young only had the keeper and Ivanovic between him and the goal. And you'll see my opinion on the incident between Torres and Evans further up, notably the bit where I've said there was contact, but going at that speed and with Fernando doing a hop skip and a flop, it's going to look like simulation. See the penalty that should have been against United when Suarez was brought down, his theatrics cost him a justified penalty.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-10-29 at 04:34 PM.

no point arguing while you have your red tainted sunglasses on

15+ Year Old Account
    no point arguing while you have your red tainted sunglasses on
    Sorry to say but if anyone has 'glasses' on, it seems to be you. You're the one with the tinfoil hat on speculating any referee who makes calls against United never referee in a United game again and their career goes downhill. You stated some facts, Fengore countered your facts 1 by 1 with more facts, debunking them.

If anything you sound like a bitter Chelsea fan, which is understandable, as the Torres tackle is debatable, however Ivanovic should have already had yellow easily for his tackle on Evra, if not red, I think the referee kept that in mind when giving him red for his challenge on Young, who was passed him and only had the keeper left to beat (and a tackle like that, on a player in a goal scoring opportunity, is normally a red anyway).

There was still a defender between Torres and the goalkeeper when he was tackled, and to be honest as said above, it looks very much like he purposefully fell easier, with his hoppity skip jump fall.

All in all it was a very difficult match for the referee, I'd have hated to be in his position.

So the big story out of yesterday isn't either red card, or the offside goal.

Chelsea have instead made a complaint that the referee used racial language at two different players. Considering he's microphoned up to the two linesman and the fourth official, if he's said anything they'll have heard it.

They'll probably start recording these conversations now, or should do what they do in rugby, and play them through the stadium's speakers.
    Wake up will you, the referees stick together like flies round shit, he could have called him every racist term under the sun & they won't have heard a peep, does seem to be that it's happening on a weekly basis now though...
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Wake up will you, the referees stick together like flies round shit, he could have called him every racist term under the sun & they won't have heard a peep, does seem to be that it's happening on a weekly basis now though...
    Hence my statement that these conversations should be recorded, or they do what they do in rugby.

I have a little more faith in the honesty and integrity of referees in this case to be honest though, the truth will out.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-10-29 at 05:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that we should be able to hear what the referee says, like we can in Rubgy. I love hearing what the referee has to say sometimes, especially when it's a sin bin case ^^ But I guess that's a discussion for another thread. All I mean is, it should indeed be recorded, and played through the stadium speakers and streamed through onto the TV audio (unless that is just it being played through the stadium speakers, but as far as I remember from watching the 6 Nations this year, what the referee said was streamed onto the TV audio too, as it wouldn't be so clear if all we heard was the stadium speakers).

I know at Murrayfield you can buy radios which have not only commentary, but there's a channel for the official's mics as well so you can listen in, aimed more at people who're unfamiliar with the game, but handy all the same. Not sure if I believe the ref was actually racist or not, with everyone & their dog coming out over the last few weeks saying they've been racially abused it's starting to get to the stage where you doubt the credibility, because if it's all for real then it's basically one big klan meet in English football and I struggle to believe that!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye I have my doubts about the legitimacy of the claims, but I guess it will be looked in too and we'll find out eventually. What I'd like to know is who Chelsea claim was racially abused.

I have to agree that if Ivanovich was a sending off, Evans was at least a booking. At least Evans made a challenge and contact. Ivanovich didnt even make a challenge, he made an attempt to avoid a challenge and Young was hit by the sniper who had taken a weekend off from La Liga. There has to be consistency in these things, it doesnt matter if the decision is wrong, as long as theyre consistent the teams cant complain. When there are two very very similiar situations, but both get very different decisions then I'd say the officiating needs to come under strong review.

I know at Murrayfield you can buy radios which have not only commentary
    Also this is another one of the things where Rugby is so ahead of Football again, being able to hear everything the ref says is really awesome and the ref radios are well worth the £5 or whatever it is they cost these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mikel and Mata.

Also on consitency, Valencia was booked for simulation after contract from Mikel toward the end of the game. Had Mikel been booked he'd be off for his second yellow.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-10-29 at 07:06 PM.

Mikel and Mata.

Also on consitency, Valencia was booked for simulation after contract from Mikel toward the end of the game. Had Mikel been booked he'd be off for his second yellow.

If he'd sent a 3rd Chelsea player off there would have been a riot.