Damn, what a game. Hazard's pretty impressive and imho has lived up to all the hype around him so far.

Awesome 1st week, all the big names got some reality checks.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2012-08-22 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GOD DAMN YOU, why i didnt have Bane as captain, sigh. Well i'll learn for next time.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Did Ismaily Goncalves dos Santos score the goal of the year against Udinese yesterday?

Deleted
    Hazard is fantastic, really. Chelsea's squad is this year much better that is was last year.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtim View Post
    Hazard is fantastic, really. Chelsea's squad is this year much better that is was last year.
    indeed, they just need to bring it all together
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Your predictions guys for tonight match ?
    Barca - Real ?
    Visca Visca El Barca

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    indeed, they just need to bring it all together
    I hate that Hazard went to Chelsea, but I have to admit they're looking good. -_-

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallker View Post
    Your predictions guys for tonight match ?
    Barca - Real ?
    Visca Visca El Barca
    anything but barcelona tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Madrid to take this one. Barca is beginning to show frailty, which is going to make Europe a lot more interesting this season.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

since there is some mid week downtime from my focus of the premier league, here are my top 4
    Man city
    Man u
    Chelsea
    Newcastle
    게임 은 어렵~~

Chelsea might be looking good, but ultimately there's a difference between looking good on paper (which they undoubtedly do) and translating that to a 38 game season, same as every other team in the league they have to see not only how they perform on the first game of the season, but during the pissing rain, howling winds, snow & in hostile territory! There's also the wonder how much they're going to "want" the Premiership after winning the Champions League, that's the question - especially going up against someone who clearly wants it like the fat kid wants cake in Fergie who not only wants it to atone for last season but given he's coming to the end of his career you get the feeling he'll want to dominate for a couple of years.

And there's no midweek downtime, European action tonight including a (holds rapturous laughter) "Battle of Britain" between Hearts & Liverpool tonight (more like bringing a gun to a knife-fight if you ask me) along with several other British clubs in European action.

My beloved Rangers having won their Ramsdens Cup match the other night face Queen of the South in a replay of the 2008 Scottish Cup final in the next round - still on for the domestic quadruple, something that's been thought as technically impossible in Scotland as the Ramsdens Cup is a bit like the Johnstones Paint trophy in England only involving the lower league teams. Granted if we were to win either the League Cup or Scottish Cup it will be some achievement given our squad, but still possible and well, if we stuck 11 garden gnomes on the pitch against Celtic I'd fancy us to win the match!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Madrid to take this one. Barca is beginning to show frailty, which is going to make Europe a lot more interesting this season.
    I thought the same, until I watched them destroy Real Sociodad on Sunday, it only took them 20 minutes to score 4! Messi is looking sharper than ever and Madrid looked sloppy against Valencia. I predict a high scoring game, 4-1 Barça

Edit: also regarding the offside rule, you are offside if any part of your body that you can play the ball with is past the last defender.
    Last edited by mmocd9628b4295; 2012-08-23 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Sociadad vs Barca is like watching Chelsea vs Rotheram. Both sides will end up scoring ridiculously this season, it's just down to them as to which is the better team.

Last year Madrid exposed Barca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    I thought the same, until I watched them destroy Real Sociodad on Sunday, it only took them 20 minutes to score 4! Messi is looking sharper than ever and Madrid looked sloppy against Valencia. I predict a high scoring game, 4-1 Barça
    My thoughts exactly.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 04:02 PM ----------

Also, I bet for this night :
    Molde - Heerenveen 3+
    Atromitos - Newcastle 2
    Vaslui - Inter Milan 2
    Hearts - Liverpool 2
    Zeta - PSV 2
    Mura - Lazio 2
    Bilbao - Helsinki 1

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    isn't comparing real - valencia to Sociedad - Barca like comparing Chelsea - Wigan and Newcastle - Tottenham.

10+ Year Old Account
    The heck is going on at LFC. Ok they've done some terrible transfers the past couple of years, but they still have a squad to build around.

Granted they've finally gone 1 up to an own goal, but they shouldn't have struggled the way they did tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brendan Rodgers has a history of very poor starts at clubs. He has a very different way of doing things to other managers. And I'm glad to see the Toon's 2nd team isn't too dreadful. A draw with the squad we played is pretty decent really.

On another note, I'm struggling to think of wingers in the EPL better than Ben Arfa, anyone want to help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Silva and Valencia are the first two that instantly spring to mind.

Gareth Bale? Just a bit of an obvious one :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    On another note, I'm struggling to think of wingers in the EPL better than Ben Arfa, anyone want to help?
    Im going to be controversial and say Jarvis. Despite playing last season for the terrible terrible Wolves his stats and the end of the campaign certainly put him well up there.