Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so excited for football atm, I'm feeling kinda down since its been so long now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not, with now van Persie (surprise surprise) and Kagawa injured, even more frigging buggered up for United :/ Loads of our frigging "best" players are injured... Smalling, Jones, Rooney, Robin van Persie, Kagawa, I've probably forgotten someone too... And then some of the ones not injured aren't playing at the level they can play at (looking at you Nani).
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-14 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kagawa and Van Persie were taken off for precautionary measures, both are expected to be available Saturday.

Also back in the squad is Darren Fletcher. Don't expect him to start, but give him 10 minutes over Cleverley at the end to run out.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Kagawa and Van Persie were taken off for precautionary measures, both are expected to be available Saturday.

Also back in the squad is Darren Fletcher. Don't expect him to start, but give him 10 minutes over Cleverley at the end to run out.
    Oh, that's good news. Now just for the other injuries...

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 01:17 AM ----------

Was just reading and watching some football news on the BBC website and I was watching a interview with Rodgers over the Hillsborough disaster and the recent conclusion about it on the 12th, and one thing caught me. Everton fans had turned up to the hearing (if that's what it's called) to show their support, and it made me feel that little bit better, even though the whole 23 years it's taken for the truth to finally come out is saddening, as was the disaster itself. It just shows, even though they are 2 huge rivals of each other, some can put their 'allegiance' to their club aside outside the football stadium and as human beings support each other. Also saw Sir Alex Ferguson 'asking' (I don't think pleading is the right word?) for the hate chanting between Manchester United and Liverpool about each others disaster in the past to stop during rival matches. One can only hope we see a change in how fans act this year, or soon at least. Just thought I'd share my view on it.

Now, finally we have some Premier League action again this weekend! Awesome that Fletcher will be playing tomorrow, I've got a feeling the United fans are going to give him a warm welcome back.

Hoping for some enjoyable matches this weekend

10+ Year Old Account
    As I put in the OP, there are tragedies in football that should not be used to get one over the opposition.

I'll be glad of a day when Hillsborough chants are a thing of the past, as I will be when Munich chants are gone, or Heysel or any other event where fans went to watch football, and didn't come home.

Hillsborough is one of those things that transcends allegiance, the chances are a number of people from the Merseyside area knew someone involved so it wasn't restricted to Liverpool fans as there were friends, colleagues & extended families caught up in that. You find that's why a lot of people simply don't accept any "gamesmanship" around it, certainly up here when Celtic "supporters" sing about the Ibrox disaster it's common to find them needing the help of medical services as there are Celtic supporters who kick the crap out of them for daring to do that. I know the Liverpool & Rangers supporters show tremendous support for each other despite the fact Liverpool have much closer ties to Celtic because of their standing in the Irish community as shown by our statements this week in support of the findings & Ally McCoist addressing it during his pre match press conference.

Unfortunately there will always be pondlife who cannot see that it's not something which should be used, fortunately in most sane supporters groups it's dealt with without there being any doubt that they shouldn't do it again!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with both your posts, while there will always been rivalry between teams, it's about time people showed that you can have "healthy rivalry" and fans not go so low to belittle the other team or their supporters. However as you said koodledrum, there will always be "pondlife" with not enough brain cells to realize this.

Also I hope today when QPR play Chelsea, that everyone shakes hands, and I'm really meaning Terry and Ferdinand. It was really petty watching Suarez and Evra not shake hands (and I'm not meaning to get into a discussion about who didn't shake who's hand) last season after the "racial" incident, I hope they can both put it behind them, or at least show sportsmanship and just shake hands, because a lot of people, especially young kids, look up to their favorite team and players, and seeing this stuff happen doesn't really set a good example.

Seems I got lucky this week, the Belgian sports channel is showing United vs Wigan, so can watch it live, yay for me

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't really get about handshakes is why are they done before a match, isn't it supposed to be a way of saying good match after a game?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more like the touching of gloves before a boxing match.

Ferdinand has made it clear that he won't shake Terry's hand though, or Ashley Cole's.

It might just be that I'm far too competitive for my own good, but if I'm about to go out and beat a side I'll be damned if I'm shaking their hand before the match when the reality is I want nothing more than to beat them down & rub their faces in the mud - by all accounts after a hard match I may shake their hands, but not before hand.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm I thought I saw Ferguson say Fletcher would be playing today... guess I was mistaken ;D

edit: Lol what is it with United taking terrible penalties...
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-15 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a free kick from Lucas Podoslki!

EDIT:Well its 4-0 now with 2 own goals, nice work from Gibs i must say.
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-09-15 at 02:39 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    so sad I missed todays game, gonna try catch the replay :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha what a goal by Büttner on his debut!! ;D bit lucky but still fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    It's at home to Wigan, but it's nice to know we aren't a one man team.

Evra must be getting nervous watching Buttner though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    It's at home to Wigan, but it's nice to know we aren't a one man team.

Evra must be getting nervous watching Buttner though.
    He needed a little competition for the left back spot, now he has it.

Either way nice to see both Büttner and Powell score on their debuts. Nice result for Arsenal as well so far, 5-1 at the time of this post.

Deleted
    I didn't go to todays game but I hear Buttner as been brilliant, nice to have some proper competition for Evra. It's also nice to see Powell get a goal.

And City drew so it's been a good day!

10+ Year Old Account
    6-1 final score. Should have been 0, but Szczesny had a horrible day between the posts, lucky we didn't concede 1 or 2 more goals. Giroud still hasn't scored and i'm hopping that he can do that against his former club. All in all a nice start for the Guners.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah nice score there by Arsenal, 6-1. Overall I'm happy with todays results, Chelsea can't produce a goal against QPR and draw, Man City draw with Stoke and Arsenal and United win.

Me = happy

Now to see how Liverpool play...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the annual section of Arsenal supporters will get off the Wenger Hatorade early this year.

Cracking stuff from United, coming out of the first half I was concerned they would have problems in the final third again but they really took their chances and played some smooth football.