15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Away in London this weekend, worst place to be a United supporter right now to be fair. Not seen the match or any highlights so I will stave off my scathing criticism till I get home.

HOWEVER.

I totally forgot to do my fantasy league or predict the score entries this week, get as many points as my team let me and I only dropped to third in PTS 10 points behind the leader.

YOU SLACKERS.
    I blame you for the result I'm not going to tell you but it's your fault for being in London and not where you normally are watching the match!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard Jimmy Bullard finally gave up, sad :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    I heard Jimmy Bullard finally gave up, sad :P
    Seems his retirement wasn't for very long, as he has gone and unretired himself, stepping into a new career as a coach.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...o-join-1355775

holy fuckski an away win for Celtic in the Champions League - didn't see that one coming!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for Man City lol, damn they have a shit hard CL group. If they manage to come through into the final stages I'd have to take my hat off to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That ref lol, but i feel it was coming to Dortmund, they should have been 4-0 up if not more. Joe Hart earned every penny tonight.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel bad for them at all, they should have lost tonight. They were poor, slow and far from the hungry side we saw last season.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel bad for them at all, they should have lost tonight. They were poor, slow and far from the hungry side we saw last season.
    Is it me or do Man City have a knack (spelling?) for drawing or winning games in the last ~5 minutes of the match? A penalty at 90'? Honestly? :/ Not saying they didn't deserve the penalty, as I said, it seems Man City seem to be good at winning or drawing games at the very last minute, so to speak -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but that's ironic from someone who cheers United to be talking about other teams winning it at the death.

You only need to go through the last 20 years of footballing history, United are notorious for it, maybe there's just a mentality to it in the area.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal had a solid win, sadly no channel here in sweden decided to air the game cause of other more important ones I guess >_> oh well atleast I got to start raiding instead :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but that's ironic from someone who cheers United to be talking about other teams winning it at the death.

You only need to go through the last 20 years of footballing history, United are notorious for it, maybe there's just a mentality to it in the area.
    No need to apologise. There is a large gap, mainly in my teenage years, where I stopped following football completely. It's only been the past 2-3 years that I've picked up interest in it again, and to be honest I can't remember most of what happened when I was a United supporter as a child ^^ all I remember is my mother telling me I was completely fascinated by them as a child, and then of course the major events like the treble (which funnily enough we won very last minute during the CL final against Bayern), and the obvious famous players over the last 20 years, etc

I'm definitely not a die hard supporter who knows everything about the club, let's just say during that gap of like 8-10 years I had a lot of other things on my mind ^^ So my apologies if I make a comment here or there that is ironic or "stupid", bare with me ^^

My comment was a mere observation of how City seem to be winning or drawing games recently (like the past year).

Damn I feel all embarrassed now :$
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-04 at 01:54 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    No need to apologise. There is a large gap, mainly in my teenage years, where I stopped following football completely. It's only been the past 2-3 years that I've picked up interest in it again, and to be honest I can't remember most of what happened when I was a United supporter as a child ^^ all I remember is my mother telling me I was completely fascinated by them as a child, and then of course the major events like the treble (which funnily enough we won very last minute during the CL final against Bayern), and the obvious famous players over the last 20 years, etc

I'm definitely not a die hard supporter who knows everything about the club, let's just say during that gap of like 8-10 years I had a lot of other things on my mind ^^ So my apologies if I make a comment here or there that is ironic or "stupid", bare with me ^^

My comment was a mere observation of how City seem to be winning or drawing games recently (like the past year).

Damn I feel all embarrassed now :$
    obviously only there for the titles *cough* :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    obviously only there for the titles *cough* :P
    No idea what as a child fascinated me about United, as I said I have little to no memory of it, but seeing they won practically every year in the 90's it wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason ^^ But hey I was a kid, my father had no interest in football what so ever, in fact there are no other football supporters in my family, so its not like there is a history of my family supporting a certain team. I lived in Reading quite close to their stadium before the Madejski Stadium was built, but never went to a match. I still support Reading a bit too, just because I lived there (even though it's a shithole).

Maybe I picked up my interest in United at school or something, really no idea. Either way, can't blame a kid for liking the most popular team at the time... especially if there is no history of supporting a certain club in the family.

Either way now, 15+ odd years on, back into football, it's not out of the ordinary I still chose the team I chose as a child?

Thought i would get involved instead of Lurking, Middlesbrough Fan! Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    holy fuckski an away win for Celtic in the Champions League - didn't see that one coming!
    I'm a Celtic fan and even I didn't see it coming lol. I had to leave after the first half (Uni comitments :S) and was pretty much anticipating typical Celtic European away results, hopefully times are a-changing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalt View Post
    Thought i would get involved instead of Lurking, Middlesbrough Fan! Hello.
    oh hai, you had mendieta for a while didn't you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I'm a Celtic fan and even I didn't see it coming lol. I had to leave after the first half (Uni comitments :S) and was pretty much anticipating typical Celtic European away results, hopefully times are a-changing.
    Don't bet on it, no offense, but I don't fancy your chances in Barcelona, I hear that boy Messi can play a wee bit & well, the Celtic defense is capable of looking very ramshackle when tested! (Rich coming from the guy with Ross Perry & Edmilson Cribari in his back four!)
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Terry report is out. If anyone feels like going through the whole 63 page documentation it's pretty harsh stuff, both of Terry and some of his witnesses.

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance...232F085B7.ashx

15+ Year Old Account
    The Terry report is out. If anyone feels like going through the whole 63 page documentation it's pretty harsh stuff, both of Terry and some of his witnesses.

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance...232F085B7.ashx
    My browser locked up trying to open the thing :P I'll give it a go on my PC when I'm next on it. If it's no trouble, could you summarize what exactly was 'pretty harsh' about it? I mean I know it's about him being found guilty by the FA of using racial (and sexual?) slurs against QPR's Ferdinand, but what exactly in the documents make it 'pretty harsh'?

Also, I don't understand, if a court of law found him not guilty of the allegations, why would the FA then pretty much say: "well we do find you guilty"? Is it just to make a point? Even if Terry is innocent (at least a court of law says he is), is he just being used as an example that the FA wont tolerate racial abuse between players?

I mean I'm no fan of the guy, but isn't it rather unjust?
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-05 at 03:34 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, isn't it just that the court has much stronger punishments and as such they have alot more need for the proper proof to claim him in, tbh the FA should just have banned him X games last season rather then doing this.