10+ Year Old Account
    Court of Law has to prove beyond any doubt, the FA is able to use logic and reasonable deduction in their findings, it's not a criminal court.

The only thing that stopped the CPS from being able to find Terry guilty is the fact part of what Terry said before "you f##king black c##t" was obscured from view because another player ran past the camera. The FA are able to take other evidence into account and find whether or not Terry's defence is likely.

They deemed it "improbable, implausible and contrived" and also deemed Ashley Cole's statement as "evolution of Ashley Cole's evidence" noting that it was changed at a later date to further help Terry's case.

In short, the pair of them were politically correctly called liars. The legal courts couldn't 100% prove it, the FA doesn't have to go beyond reasonable doubt, they just have to prove it was likely to have happened.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

>>I haven't read the 63 page document because i can't be bothered so im just going on what ive seen in the news and the quotes taken from it<<

The problem being they still didn't prove Terry racially abused Ferdinand and even admitted so in there "belief of what really happened"... the definition of racially abusing some is to abuse someone in anyway regardless of what is said based purely because of the color of their skin/ race

"A much more plausible and likely explanation is that Mr Terry was angry; angry at Mr Ferdinand's taunting and provocation of him, angry at the way the match had gone, and angry at the way in which it seemed likely to end."

That is what the FA is quoted as believing really happened and the reason behind his punishment, and yet... in no where does it say they believe the reason Terry said what he said was because of the color of his skin or his race.

What actually happened based on what the FA believes really went down is Terry was wound up during a bad game and Ferdinand in all his wise glory has taunted and provoked Terry to get a reaction and in the heat of the moment, Terry has retaliated by verbally insulting Ferdinand, however whilst doing so has also made the faux paux of including the color of his skin in said insult, at which point Ferdinand/ the people who reported it have cried racist completely ignoring the fact what was said was due to Ferdinands actions and not because of the color of his skin and said actions were by default aimed at getting a heated reaction from Terry which was clearly successful.

Terry is guilty of verbally abusing some in bad taste and should of had a fine and a ban, tho 4 games is too long for what went down, however, Ferdinand should also of been fined and banned for Taunting and provoking a player on purpose and causing this fiasco in the first place and Ashley Cole should not complain about the integrity of his evidence being questioned if he has modified it in such a way that it looks better for Terry afterwards.

Moral of the story; If you don't start a fire you won't get burned. If you ignore that and choose to start one, do not turn round and complain when you do get burned.

All this just smells of the FA making a hash of things and trying to slap a punishment down to be seen to be tackling racism, it needs to be handled in the correct way, quickly and without the media circus and then put to bed for good, ie, get rid of the handshake of idiocy before each match otherwise you just end up with people jumping on the racism band wagon and making comments not neccessarily because they believe in them but simply for the reaction said comments provoke. Case and point look at the increase in the number of "racist tweets" since all this got plastered all over the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anton Ferdinand said post game in a private talk with Terry in the Chelsea dressing room that he didn't hear anything. It was only when he met his partner in the player's lounge and saw the video did he see what was said.

By then it had already been reported to the police by spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    oh hai, you had mendieta for a while didn't you?!
    yep, sure did, very lucky to see a former european midfielder of the year play for us, they where good days, Also had jimmy floyd hasslebaink and reached a European Cup Final ... Thanks for reminding me !

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I think Boro I'm reminded of Ravanelli and his epic goal celebration that became a worldwide trend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks guys for the explanations.

Looking forward to this weekends football, hoping United can up their game a bit against Newcastle. Hoping for a decent weekends football in general!

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Whenever I think Boro I'm reminded of Ravanelli and his epic goal celebration that became a worldwide trend.
    Im sure you have mentioned it somehwehre in the thread, but who do you support?? Ravanelli... Hatrick on his debut Vs the red scousers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalt View Post
    Im sure you have mentioned it somehwehre in the thread, but who do you support?? Ravanelli... Hatrick on his debut Vs the red scousers
    I'm a lifelong Manchester United supporter, and yeah I remember that debut, bloody glorious it was.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I'm a lifelong Manchester United supporter, and yeah I remember that debut, bloody glorious it was.
    lies! he's a leeds supporter!

swedish arsenal supporter here, only following arsenal cause of henry really :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    lies! he's a leeds supporter!
    -.-

That's actually insulting. You have to realise I'll always support English in Europe (or British if there aren't English playing) with the exception of Leeds United, because quite frankly, not enough bad things can happen to that club.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    damn, I can't find europa league anything to watch, I've just never been into it I guess.

damn, I can't find europa league anything to watch, I've just never been into it I guess.
    Really?? I Dont mind it... CL is great but you can almost predict the last 8 teams every season EL is very unpredictable imo. Plus it has given me some of the best moments of my life as a boro fan, winning away at Roma, and Stuttgart, and then coming back from 0-3 down to win 4-3 in both quarter and Semi finals.

Im not a big Leeds fan either... is any one?? As the song goes we all hate leeds scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, the CL has had some cracking matches this year, everything coming out of City's group has been stunning to watch.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really?? I Dont mind it... CL is great but you can almost predict the last 8 teams every season EL is very unpredictable imo. Plus it has given me some of the best moments of my life as a boro fan, winning away at Roma, and Stuttgart, and then coming back from 0-3 down to win 4-3 in both quarter and Semi finals.

Im not a big Leeds fan either... is any one?? As the song goes we all hate leeds scum.
    I guess its cause all the bigger teams very rarely take EL seriously cause being in the EL means you missed the CL usually.

3-1 away at west ham, it works I'll take it
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-10-06 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Ivanovic a striker or a Defender I don't know anymore

Rangers lost 1-0 to Stirling Albion, the team sitting bottom of the Scottish league system - we are monumentally shit away from Ibrox this season and we're gonna need to fix that or we'll be down here for a while!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Rangers lost 1-0 to Stirling Albion, the team sitting bottom of the Scottish league system - we are monumentally shit away from Ibrox this season and we're gonna need to fix that or we'll be down here for a while!
    Do rangers have a transfer ban, and can only rely on Academy players? If so that is going to make things a lot harder, Academy kids getting shot right in at the deep end, they'll have to learn quickly. Will make for a great game on FM I guess lol.

Do rangers have a transfer ban, and can only rely on Academy players? If so that is going to make things a lot harder, Academy kids getting shot right in at the deep end, they'll have to learn quickly. Will make for a great game on FM I guess lol.
    Situation is we're unable to sign any players over 18 for the next two transfer windows (January 2014 at the earliest we can start signing again) accepting that was one of the "conditions" of getting SFA membership (in the normal world that's what you call blackmail). Fortunately for us we have two things going for us, first is a world class training facility & youth development setup which was brought in at the insistence of Dick Advocaat, the second is the fact so far the youngsters we've brought in have shown promise. We've had 2-3 decent youngsters come up so far & play well, plus we have academy graduates like Andrew Little who's been scoring well this season - at the moment signing U18's isn't too bad a shout as we're still much bigger than the majority of clubs in Scotland & since we'll be playing lower league football for 3 years that gives youngsters a major role to play in getting us through the leagues.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do what the rest of the world does, tap up 15 year olds to professional contracts at 16 in foreign countries then deny everything.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 04:17 PM ----------

Wow.

This could be the start of a very long afternoon on the Toon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course I miss the first 15 mins were Man United were apparently playing really good, and also miss the 2 goals... watching now and it wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle get back in this.