10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    We don't allow posting meme gif's on this forum.

So google "Michael Jackson Popcorn" that's pretty much me right now watching this. City are being picked apart at the back, what is it with EPL teams defending awful in Europe this week?

Well except Arsenal, Mertesacker's had a cracking game.
    Its kinda nice to see everyone but Utd lose this week idk why , question is what does this make the EPL look like with 1 of the top 4 winning

Deleted
    makes us in the EPL look bad, dont get me wrong its good opposition but its just shameful defending. I kind of feel bad for having a warm feeling when man city lose tho

p.s. nice to see big Mertesacker get some credit, he got alot of shit when he first came to the Premier League

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Its kinda nice to see everyone but Utd lose this week idk why , question is what does this make the EPL look like with 1 of the top 4 winning
    Pretty awful.

We'd have been a laughing stock last season if it weren't for Chelsea winning it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, English Premier League is the strongest in the world... in bowling maybe.
    Last edited by Lenin; 2012-10-24 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    hahaha Bowling is fun! Its wierd to see all of the teams performance so badly this week aswell. But it wasnt just us! Ac Milan/Real Madrid losing suprised me

Chelsea winning didnt exactly do great for our rep. In terms of the style they did it in (beside wishing it was us, atleast it was someone english).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltor View Post
    hahaha Bowling is fun! Its wierd to see all of the teams performance so badly this week aswell. But it wasnt just us! Ac Milan/Real Madrid losing suprised me

Chelsea winning didnt exactly do great for our rep. In terms of the style they did it in (beside wishing it was us, atleast it was someone english).
    AC Milan and Real Madrid results didn't surprised me at all.
    AC Milan is bag of ducks playing football right now and Dortmund is world-class team.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest this isn't one of City's best nights. Losing 3-1 was bad enough, but their reserve team to lose 2-0 at home to Schalke on the same night must be painful.

15+ Year Old Account
    EPL teams have been looking pretty weak since last season, frankly the fact Chelsea won last year doesn't change that image for me, because well, I still believe it was pretty much a fluke, luck to face consecutive teams playing badly in the finals stages. Either way it's kinda sad to see City and Arsenal lose this evening, for the EPL image in general. While I'm a United fan, us being the only EPL team to win this week isn't much consolation, as we're also in the easiest group.

Anyhoo, bring on this weekend, Chelsea - United is hopefully going to be an awesome match!

10+ Year Old Account
    I say we are gonna win against Chelsea this weekend then lose to them on Wednesday but beat Arsenal next weekend. I doubt we would beat Chelsea twice in the same week

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    sad day but then Schalke is a good team, sadly we just played so shit though, it was the same old with arsenal not being able to create anything :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    I say we are gonna win against Chelsea this weekend then lose to them on Wednesday but beat Arsenal next weekend. I doubt we would beat Chelsea twice in the same week
    We need to win to close the 4 point gap a bit. So let's hope! Pity that Kagawa is injured (as far as I know?), he'd have been in my starting 11 against Chelsea.

Either way Chelsea's midfield is really going to pressure United's defense like mad, and United's defense hasn't been that fantastic so far, really hoping they can buckle up on Sunday to help get the win we need

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    We need to win to close the 4 point gap a bit. So let's hope! Pity that Kagawa is injured (as far as I know?), he'd have been in my starting 11 against Chelsea.

Either way Chelsea's midfield is really going to pressure United's defense like mad, and United's defense hasn't been that fantastic so far, really hoping they can buckle up on Sunday to help get the win we need
    Yep lets hope our defense ain't gonna be as bad as they have been for the last 5-6 games. Kagawa picked up a knee injury so lets hope its nothing serious, I just hope Chelsea doesn't bounce back from that defeat till after we played them

Very proud of Ajax. Finally a good result in European football and a good boost for the coming classic against Feyenoord this Sunday. I wonder why Mancini didn't choose to start with an offensive group, because the defense of Ajax isn't that strong. Especially against worldclass strikers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for a long post, but where to start. Gonna go with the positives on the night, Dortmund i have said before the CL draw that i expect Dortmund to do much in the CL this season, and they have yet to disappoint. Second Man City i want those wankers to finish last.

Having said that time to go to criticize my team (Arsenal). The major gripe i have with this Arsenal team is the lack of leadership on the field. If you take a look at some of the great teams in football, past and present, you'll find they had some unbelievable captains, Maldini, Zaneti, Puyol, Cassilas, Keane, Terry etc. All of these players are/were great at what they do and on top of that been with the club for more then a few seasons. At Arsenal we don't have such a player someone who's word is law on the field, who can rally the troops when they play bad.

After that comes the quality of players arsenal have, or rather the variety of quality. On one hand you have guys like, Cazorla, Podolski, Vermalen, Arteta and dare i say it Theo, that posses qualities that can make your team a title contender, but on the other you have Andre Santos, Gervinho, Ramsey, Giroud, players that suit mid table teams more. I'm hoping something changes in the transfer policy, at least a little bit. Giroud was a massive gamble, and looks more and more like Chamack 2.0. Gervinho has been hugely inconsistent, he had a nice start scoring some goal but now is back to his old being terrible ways. Ramsey has never been the same after the injury and Santos is just plain bad.

Last part is about the injury problems Arsenal has semingly every year. I'm not saying other clubs don't have them, but other clubs do manage to get results despite that. At the start of the season everyone was excited that Diaby is back and playing good again, but that only lasted for 3 games, after which he got reinjured, I want to blame the French F.A for calling him up despite having 10 good players that can play on that position, but i feel that if this were Man U. Fergie would have told Diaby to retire from international football to save his club and football carrier. Have to wait to see what will happen when Sagna and Jack come back, hope they have better luck then Diaby, cause we seem to rely on that, since we gamble on players.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit.

Stewart Downing has scored for Liverpool.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 10:10 PM ----------

Also just to finish off Mirodin's post. He makes an excellent comment about teams asking players to retire from international duty to prolong careers.

Why Liverpool and Chelsea haven't done the same with Gerrard and Lampard I have no idea. The pair of them are burning their remaining years entirely too fast.

Can you honestly see Gerrard taking that request & doing it cos I couldn't, for what it's worth while I'd never have to face that scenario if I was playing international football I think I'd be retiring from that side of the game at 32, seems like a reasonable time to call a halt to it.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Gerrard probably won't be seeing another World Cup anyway, he might as well resign from international tournaments after 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Gerrard wasn't spending every 3 months picking up a new knock or injury, he might try to push his career longer.

Thing is I can't remember him having anything longer than a 4-5 month period without an injury in the last 5 or 6 years. He's going to end up retiring before he's 35 if he doesn't give something up.

And quite frankly I can see England moving away from him and Lampard entirely, I'll be surprised if both of them make the 2014 World Cup. Heck I'll be raising an eyebrow if either go.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    If Gerrard wasn't spending every 3 months picking up a new knock or injury, he might try to push his career longer.

Thing is I can't remember him having anything longer than a 4-5 month period without an injury in the last 5 or 6 years. He's going to end up retiring before he's 35 if he doesn't give something up.

And quite frankly I can see England moving away from him and Lampard entirely, I'll be surprised if both of them make the 2014 World Cup. Heck I'll be raising an eyebrow if either go.
    you seems to have a lack in central midfield though or am I just not seeing them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    you seems to have a lack in central midfield though or am I just not seeing them?
    From what I've read from English media, the future of the England central midfield are Wilshere and Ox. Journalist seem to think Jack will be their savior, but after a year+ having not played a single game, would be interesting to see where he is in terms of his game. Think he will be playing vs QPR tomorow.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!