10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone see Luis Adriano equaliser vs Nordsjeland? Talk about being a class A douche, there should be suspensions for stuff like that. In this case it's even worse, normaly when you score a goal like that you let the other team score as well. I guess in the Ukraine they don't teach fair play.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Yeah i seen that goal. Cant believe he did that. also cant Believe Chels have sacked RDM! Football has gone mad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems Di Matteo has been fired as Chelsea's manager... now I know they've had a few poor results but I didn't see that coming at all heh.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-articl...erto-di-matteo

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really surprised by that. Knowing Abramvich's track record with managers we all should have expected this. Don't know why any manager would want to take that Chelsea job, except for financial reasons, you gonna get mighty rich coaching for that owner. I wonder how much money Chelsea spent on managers in the last 5 years, wonder if that goes in the FFP regulations.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even by Roman's standards this is an extremely harsh firing. We're talking about a manager who just won him the FA Cup and the European Champions League, who has the team in third and still in contention for the League when they finished sixth last season, and despite last night's result still have a chance to progress into the knockout stages.

There's something behind the scenes here, either relating to the Clattenburg issue or another manager is suddenly available.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Even by Roman's standards this is an extremely harsh firing. We're talking about a manager who just won him the FA Cup and the European Champions League, who has the team in third and still in contention for the League when they finished sixth last season, and despite last night's result still have a chance to progress into the knockout stages.

There's something behind the scenes here, either relating to the Clattenburg issue or another manager is suddenly available.
    Aye, that's why I didn't understand it either. Sure, they lost their match last night, and their PL match against WBA, but otherwise they've been performing a LOT better than last season, and as you said, Di Matteo did take them to FA Cup and Champions League victory. I just can't believe he'd be fired for Chelsea's latest 'poor performance', because as said, they've been a lot better so far this season than last season. I too think there is something behind the scenes here, hopefully we will find out soon enough.

This is what one of the BBC pundits wrote as a comment in the article there:

The decision makes it even more abundantly clear that Di Matteo was only keeping the seat warm for the first love of Abramovich's footballing life, former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola. Will he ever be able to lure him to a club for which managerial instability is a way of life?
    When will team owners realize that the way to success is to not use two managers for each season? Why would anybody join a team that rivals The Apprentice for the amount of firings in a year?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-11-21 at 12:30 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    wish I knew what went on behind the scene cause its dangerous to just listen too the rumours, and I do feel for Di Matteo although they shouldn't have hired him in the first place, he really only got in cause Drogba carried them to CL title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

"why would anybody join a team that rivals The Apprentice for the amount of firings in a year?" - you haven't figured out that football runs on MONEY yet? Abramovich will pay top dollar & if you sign a contract and you're sacked you still get paid, call me cynical but in football these days that's a magnet, especially for someone who doesn't give a toss about Chelsea, might as well go you're gonna walk out of Stamford Bridge a good few million better off and more than likely within 12 months.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    "why would anybody join a team that rivals The Apprentice for the amount of firings in a year?" - you haven't figured out that football runs on MONEY yet? Abramovich will pay top dollar & if you sign a contract and you're sacked you still get paid, call me cynical but in football these days that's a magnet, especially for someone who doesn't give a toss about Chelsea, might as well go you're gonna walk out of Stamford Bridge a good few million better off and more than likely within 12 months.
    Pretty much this. Coaches get a nice pay check for less then a year of work. For those that want the challange what better team to go to, then a one with a sugger dady owner who will give you any player you (he) wants.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, you guys must have seen the Luiz Adriano goal in the Nordsjaelland vs Shakhtar Donetsk match? I don't know if I missed a page in this thread about it or not, but seriously, what... the... fuck...

I have a youtube link of the goal but not sure if it's allowed on the forums or not, so just look up "Nordsjaelland vs Shakhtar Donetsk Luiz Adriano Fair Play Goal FAIL" on youtube if you haven't already seen it.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure it was discussed, I only remember it because I remember the demonic sounding team name (no offense to any fans of Nordsjaelland or infact those of scandinavian origin who's languages I just described as demonic, but yeah they are, I'm sure you can deal with it!) - but I think it was lost in a sea of other chat from CL games.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah indeed, mirodin brought it up at the top of this page heh, herpaderp on my part.

Either way, what a douche that Adriano...

10+ Year Old Account
    Rafa Benitez to be appointed as Chelsea's new manager. Not official yet, but without any major players in the coaching market i don't see anyone else getting the nod. Let me say here and now, he won't last long, the first linger of Pep in London and he will get the axe.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't everyone know that Adriano was a douche already?? I think Rafa will go to Chelsea and Pep will go to United when SAF retires but question is where will RDM go my moneys on QPR

Problem Chelski have is that Abramovich wants Pep Guardiola, Guardiola on the other hand is a reasonably intelligent man who'll see 9 managers in 9 years (it will be 10 in 10) and ignore any approach, eventually it will get to a point where the top technical coaches in football won't touch that post with a large pole for anything other than the million dollar payoff when Abramovich doesn't get his way! Think about it, why have Man United become one of the most successful clubs in history - consistency in management, Abramovich however just wants Champions League glory and nothing else, which is fucking retarded if you'll excuse my way of putting it because you cannot expect to have a cohesive team if your manager changes more often than your home shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Also, you guys must have seen the Luiz Adriano goal in the Nordsjaelland vs Shakhtar Donetsk match? I don't know if I missed a page in this thread about it or not, but seriously, what... the... fuck...

I have a youtube link of the goal but not sure if it's allowed on the forums or not, so just look up "Nordsjaelland vs Shakhtar Donetsk Luiz Adriano Fair Play Goal FAIL" on youtube if you haven't already seen it.

Absolutely ridiculous.
    Wanted to throw something at the telly when I saw it. Asshole move.

I'm pretty sure it was discussed, I only remember it because I remember the demonic sounding team name (no offense to any fans of Nordsjaelland or infact those of scandinavian origin who's languages I just described as demonic, but yeah they are, I'm sure you can deal with it!) - but I think it was lost in a sea of other chat from CL games.
    Danish team, danish language... enough said!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about it, why have Man United become one of the most successful clubs in history - consistency in management
    Wouldn't put them myself in that category, but one of the greatest in the past 26 years for sure if not the most successful. History wise, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Milan, Juventus, Ajax that would be my list.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Probably just a slap on the wrist and a fine for unsportsmanlike conduct since, technically, he didn't break any game rules (although it was a dick move).