10+ Year Old Account
    The Referees Association is demanding compensation from Chelsea for Clattenburg, as well as an unreserved apology.

They agree while the matter should have been reported, it should never have gone public on quote "such flimsy evidence"
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could this partly be the reason why Di Matteo was sacked? Or is it purely because of their performance during their last games?

A mixture of both, but I do feel that Chelski have a LOT of answers to provide over this, it seems all a little too convenient that at the end of the Terry thing they launch accusations of racism by a referee!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he might be thrown under the proverbial bus for it.

Harry Redknapp is apparently undergoing negotiations to take over at QPR after Mark Hughes was sacked earlier.

Rumour has it he'll be taking Joe Jordan with him to QPR throwing the Scotland boss post into uncertainty again.

With Chelski it depends what the FA's investigation into Mikel says, if it turns out he's lied about it (which I think now must surely be a formality) and found to have done it maliciously (again, can there be any doubt?) so as to ruin the referee's reputation then there's GOT to be some sort of action against the player which will eclipse anything we've ever seen before. The only thing comparable to it would be the suspensions given out to Di Canio for shoving the ref or Cantona for going Bruce Lee on the guy in the crowd because this is a very serious allegation that was leveled against the poor guy - which is unforgivable, if found guilty of doing it maliciously or to "get even" over John Terry then he needs to be thrown out of the game.

Just popping in because I haven't in months.

Suarez is amazing.

Cavani to LFC.

LFC Finishes 3rd.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Rumour has it he'll be taking Joe Jordan with him to QPR throwing the Scotland boss post into uncertainty again.

With Chelski it depends what the FA's investigation into Mikel says, if it turns out he's lied about it (which I think now must surely be a formality) and found to have done it maliciously (again, can there be any doubt?) so as to ruin the referee's reputation then there's GOT to be some sort of action against the player which will eclipse anything we've ever seen before. The only thing comparable to it would be the suspensions given out to Di Canio for shoving the ref or Cantona for going Bruce Lee on the guy in the crowd because this is a very serious allegation that was leveled against the poor guy - which is unforgivable, if found guilty of doing it maliciously or to "get even" over John Terry then he needs to be thrown out of the game.
    I can't imagine why a player would want to "ruin" a refs reputation though, seems your just on a headhunt for chelsea atm, so your saying they shouldn't if the players themselves feel racially abused shouldn't have it investigated unless its 100% true? I rather see them do a investigation on this and then chelsea just say Sorry we made a mistake rather then not saying anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mikel charge isn't based on his accusations, more him barging into the referee's dressing room after the match and nearly swinging for Clattenburg while yelling threats of violence to him.

I think Redknapp might wait till Sunday to finish contract negotiations for QPR, considering tomorrow's match.

Ultimately the guy made an accusation which has been kicked out of both court & the footballing authorities - you can't get away with that shit, trying to accuse a referee, who is MIC'D UP during games was daft, that's not being on a "headhunt for Chelsea" (forgive me, but I was one of the few voices supporting Terry) that's being SANE. Like you I'd rather it be investigated, but there's more to this than is being let on. I wasn't aware his charges were on the grounds of barging into the referee's room & nearly swinging for him & threatening him - that IS out of order, doesn't matter how you want to dress that up you cannot have that and a lengthy suspension will come down on him if he's found guilty of that. For all the problems we have had with referees up here (and fuck knows they went on STRIKE not too long ago) we've yet to see it resort to threats of violence from the players (from the fans undoubtedly), the line was well & truly crossed there.

Rangers game at the weekend was called off last night after cops shut the game down when it was revealed that 5600 tickets had been sold for a 4500 capacity ground at Elgin! Elgin have claimed in todays press that they outsourced the ticketing for the game but an SFL investigation will now take place into what happened causing todays midday kickoff to be cancelled at 5pm last night, the game was due to be televised on ESPN. Who'd have thought that there would be a division 3 game cancelled because they sold too many tickets, bizarre shit indeed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Mikel and Ramires are in the wrong but I bet Mikel only did what he did after Ramires told him what he thought the ref said

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Ultimately the guy made an accusation which has been kicked out of both court & the footballing authorities - you can't get away with that shit, trying to accuse a referee, who is MIC'D UP during games was daft, that's not being on a "headhunt for Chelsea" (forgive me, but I was one of the few voices supporting Terry) that's being SANE. Like you I'd rather it be investigated, but there's more to this than is being let on. I wasn't aware his charges were on the grounds of barging into the referee's room & nearly swinging for him & threatening him - that IS out of order, doesn't matter how you want to dress that up you cannot have that and a lengthy suspension will come down on him if he's found guilty of that. For all the problems we have had with referees up here (and fuck knows they went on STRIKE not too long ago) we've yet to see it resort to threats of violence from the players (from the fans undoubtedly), the line was well & truly crossed there.

Rangers game at the weekend was called off last night after cops shut the game down when it was revealed that 5600 tickets had been sold for a 4500 capacity ground at Elgin! Elgin have claimed in todays press that they outsourced the ticketing for the game but an SFL investigation will now take place into what happened causing todays midday kickoff to be cancelled at 5pm last night, the game was due to be televised on ESPN. Who'd have thought that there would be a division 3 game cancelled because they sold too many tickets, bizarre shit indeed!
    I didn't know that mikel had done that either and if its the truth then yeah, not looking very good.

are you gonna go straight through the series you reckon or will it take another year in some division?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    I didn't know that mikel had done that either and if its the truth then yeah, not looking very good.

are you gonna go straight through the series you reckon or will it take another year in some division?
    no-one clicks on my hyperlinks so http://www.thefa.com/News/governance...l-charged.aspx
    There you go

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I care about is that as of right now, I'm ahead of fengore for predicting :P only losing out cause I'm horrible at picking scorers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing horrible on the EPL one but I'm top on CL one

Can we have the United from 2 weeks back??
    Last edited by laffling; 2012-11-24 at 04:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    God damnit here we go again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    God damnit here we go again...
    You starting to hate this as much as me??

15+ Year Old Account
    a half hour to come back from losing against the team at the bottom of the league... at home... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    You starting to hate this as much as me??
    yes, very much so. It's been such a boring match, there's hardly any energy in United's game, and now we're losing... sigh.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-11-24 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see us winning or drawing this we can't even keep the damn ball

Who's RVP we have Evans

15+ Year Old Account
    Jeebus thank god for that... Funny how a defender scores again, seems they score more than the midfielders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Jeebus thank god for that... Funny how a defender scores again, seems they score more than the midfielders.
    What midfielders??

Ok im wrong <3 Fletcher
    Last edited by laffling; 2012-11-24 at 04:29 PM.