I think I should complain more, it seems to work

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    awh, and here I was hoping for a united loss :<
    You really want City or Chelsea leading the PL? ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well 3-1 now this is why Anderson > Young and Nani

15+ Year Old Account
    What an brilliant run and ball by Anderson, why isn't he in the starting 11 more often? Perfect pass to Chicha who you know will finish those off.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 05:40 PM ----------

It's like United need to go behind in order to bring energy into their game... if only they could "wake up" and play like this before they concede a goal, would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could but they like to hurt the fans hearts first

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post

are you gonna go straight through the series you reckon or will it take another year in some division?
    This is a very difficult question to answer for a great many reasons! If you take it on face value and we play through the divisions then yes, I believe we get through all of them in order with minimal fuss, this should not be a problem given our size & revenue opportunities - we're banned from signing for the next two windows (January 2013 & summer 2013), which puts us mid-way through Division 2 before we can sign "senior" players again. I can't see us struggling in D2 the same way we struggled to start D3 as by that time we'll have been playing lower league football for a year - what stung us early this season was the physicality of the game, even for Scottish football it was a brutal introduction to it. We'll also be used to the facilities away from home which are at best (as we've seen this weekend) primitive & backwater in nature - along with playing in some of the most obscure backposts of Scotland! If however we are struggling in D2 next season we'll have the ability (and ultimately still the reputation) to sign our way out of trouble - Rangers even in the lower leagues are still a better career move than all but 1 club in the SPL.

But there's side issues.

The SPL as it currently stands is under severe pressure for reform, not all is well in Scottish football and it's well known this is the case - this is where things become somewhat interesting, particularly with regards to upcoming investigations by the SPL. Following the decision of the tax tribunal this week where we were cleared of wrongdoing by a panel of high court judges it significantly muddies the waters over what has gone on at Ibrox since the turn of the century - and throws into doubt a LOT of what's been said & done. The SPL have delayed, delayed & delayed some more on this & will finally (at present time) sit in January to decide what has gone on and what, if any punishment needs to be handed out - although like most Rangers fans I feel this is somewhat academic, if they find any wrongdoing they WILL remove all titles & Scottish cups (but not League Cups - the SFL have already ruled this out). As things stand it depends on if they feel Rangers have used secondary contracts to pay players or not - they MUST have proof or this will get ugly extremely quickly - there's two ways it can go and both have such different outcomes that it's impossible to see what happens.

If the ruling goes in Rangers' favour and they vote in favour of reconstruction then there's a possibility that they (SPL) might try to "manufacture" it so Rangers gain entry to the SPL, this would be a polarising move as it would be unpopular with "supporters" but will be like asking a dying man if he'd like a cure for club executives outside Celtic Park! The problem is this would make a mockery of their "sporting integrity" arguments through the summer, but at the same time clubs are openly now admitting they're struggling - Hearts are in dire straits (ironically with HMRC), Hibs have just announced an increase in net debt with a lowering of turnover and they're not alone. Attendances at ALL clubs are down big time - much as they're putting a brave face on things no figures were announced for the TV deal this year either although this will become apparent when AGM's start to happen in the new year money is so tight that if Rangers aren't in the SPL for three years there's a real danger that many clubs will become insolvent. (there's a danger particularly in Hearts' case that this will happen much sooner)

There's also an X-factor here, Rangers could win the three divisions in 3 years but REFUSE to join the SPL. This is not as unattractive as it would appear, there are negatives obviously, however a number of Rangers fans (myself included) want nothing to do with the SPL, we do not want to be there, we're clearly not welcome there, so fuck them. The current head of Rangers has stated he currently does not want to join the SPL at any time while he's in charge - if the SPL ruling goes against Rangers in the new year this sentiment will become very difficult to argue against.

There's also the European leagues which have been consistently banded about for years but are seemingly growing in possibility now as the gulf between the "big" leagues (England, Spain, Italy & Germany) and the rest becomes frankly unworkable - clubs in countries such as Holland are now thought to be so interested that they're putting pressure on UEFA. This is the only way that Rangers & Celtic can continue as Scotland simply put is not in a position to support them any longer domestically and the same is happening in other nations as the money doesn't exist, the product is diminishing as players cannot be drawn due to them being offered masses more money in the big leagues.

That's a hell of a long answer and it's probably not even close to the total answer which could be given - but either way it goes at the bare minimum Scottish football will endure hardship because of issues at Ibrox. The whole system thus far seems to have been geared towards kicking the club when they were down and when it boils down to it we've been kicked so many times there's no sympathy left in us - we've been abused, blackmailed (literally - no SFA membership unless we signed a TV deal which the SPL's TV deal was predicated on) and shit on from a great height.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Man utd were lucky we made the dumbest sub ever, soon as bambi on ice (anton) came on you get 2 lucky/sloppy unmarked headers both of them anton should have had marked but just stood around like a prick, 3rd goal was great tho deserved that one, i know im a biased qpr fan but i think if we had kept the same team for last half hour we could have held out for a draw, it happens every week anton ferdinand is beyond a joke worst defender in the league by far.

rofl QPR. Not even old arry the guvner could get them out of this mess. Relegation please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    rofl QPR. Not even old arry the guvner could get them out of this mess. Relegation please
    enjoy all your silverware with your old pal fat spanish waiter
    even if qpr go down im happy and will still love the team to death like i have for past 24 years, im not a glory hunter like most chelsea flag wavers who didnt even like football 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Clever Trev View Post
    enjoy all your silverware with your old pal fat spanish waiter
    even if qpr go down im happy and will still love the team to death like i have for past 24 years, im not a glory hunter like most chelsea flag wavers who didnt even like football 10 years ago.
    Good for you mate. At least you will be able to afford tickets with your dole money when you get relegated to the Championship.

Deleted
    Good for you mate. At least you will be able to afford tickets with your dole money when you get relegated to the Championship.
    good assumption, i guess cos qpr arent a big club every fan is on the dole where as every chelsea fan is the cream of kensington upper class right? i guess youve forgotten or never knew in first place how close chelsea were from goin into administration when abramovich flew over west london, people thought they would be in division 1 sooner than later, football is a funny game thats why i love it, things change

Quote Originally Posted by Clever Trev View Post
    good assumption, i guess cos qpr arent a big club every fan is on the dole where as every chelsea fan is the cream of kensington upper class right? i guess youve forgotten or never knew in first place how close chelsea were from goin into administration when abramovich flew over west london, people thought they would be in division 1 sooner than later, football is a funny game thats why i love it, things change
    Indeed. We all love the beautiful game. For it's tribal rivalry's especially. Remember last season when Fernando Torres scored a hat-trick against you? Fernando Torres of all people

and of course I know, I've been a very loyal fan of Chelsea since 1996 when Zola came in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick info on Germany's Bundesliga.
    The current season seems to turn once again, after a few years of excitement, into a rather boring event at the top.

Bayern Munich leading the table with 34 pts, 9 pts ahead of Dortmund with 25.

After the 1:1 against arch rival Nuremberg (my team), and the disappointing 1:1 in Valencia the Bayern are back on track and destroyed Hannover with 5:0.

15+ Year Old Account
    Talking of Frank Lampard, I read on the BBC website he and Ashley Cole will (maybe?) be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Just a quick info on Germany's Bundesliga.
    The current season seems to turn once again, after a few years of excitement, into a rather boring event at the top.

Bayern Munich leading the table with 34 pts, 9 pts ahead of Dortmund with 25.

After the 1:1 against arch rival Nuremberg (my team), and the disappointing 1:1 in Valencia the Bayern are back on track and destroyed Hannover with 5:0.
    Don't give up hope yet. They might stumble again just like the same time last year. *fingers crossed*

Deleted
    Indeed. We all love the beautiful game. For it's tribal rivalry's especially. Remember last season when Fernando Torres scored a hat-trick against you? Fernando Torres of all people

and of course I know, I've been a very loyal fan of Chelsea since 1996 when Zola came in.
    ]#
    around the time you had mark hughes as well then :P ye i remember thinking how typical it was of rangers luck to have the most out of form striker in the league bag a hat trick against us haha believe me apart from the promotion season with warnock since ive been a qpr fan (91 maybe when i was first self aware:P) we have had such bad luck its laughable. most of the players (on big wage) i hate cos theyre just not qpr, id rather be in lower league and proud of players like bircham ainsworth rowlands cookie kev gallen etc who played for the shirt and not the contract.

of the team now i think mackie is the only one i truly adore, even starting to get fed up of tarrabt.

Will be interesting to see how PSG does in CL once the important games start, watched the end of their game just now and they look pretty great, esp upfront, Z is incredible form as well, 12 goals in the league so far, 2 in CL, and 8 assists. I really like that dude Nene, smart player. But they need to get some more relayable goal scorers. Lavezzi might start to produce now though.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Just saying, hooray for injury time equalizers!

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to Chelsea - Man City tomorrow, hoping its a draw but one with many goals! ;p

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal was just a snooze fest tbh, but a point is a point the field didn't even look playable at times lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."