10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    last games Ox has played has been extremely horrible though like against aston villa for example worst player on the pitch by a landslide yet he didn't get any shit for that at all.

isn't djourous salary a problem with arsenals salary policy rather then him earning to much though, like I can understand why Chamakh has a high salary (free transfer and previous top scorer from Bordeaux) but I think there should be a similar way for clubs to lower players salary when they aren't playing too well like the players have a chance to renegotiate their contracts if they are playing well.
    Ox needs more playing time, a lot more ether with the main squad or with the reserves or a loan, when he came on against Spurs he got an assist in 5 minutes of play. I think that giving him more time on the pitch instead of Ramsey will benifit Arsenal more. As for the wage structure, i could not agree more. Arsenal offer un-proven PL players way to high salaries and when they become a bust we are stuck with paying them off, cause they know they won't get a similar pay-check in another club. We as a club are paying way to much for ppl like Djourou, Chamakh, Arshavin and yet they almost don't play in the first team. Walcot scores 10 goals and he can't get a pay raise.

A good practice would be to offer small starting wages and put larger performance bonnuses for goals, assists, clean sheets etc. at least for their first contract.

My FF team has 3 Arsenal playes in it, so no wonder it shakes a lot in performanse. I also had Ruddy, so gonna have to do with Al-habsi now.
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-11-29 at 02:12 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick up Bergovic. Most Stoke games end 0-0 or 1-0 to them, their back four and keeper are constantly picking up clean sheet bonuses, same with Norwich.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Gareth Bale's own goal has to be the funniest thing I've seen in some time.

Agreed, but he scored one as well so it equals out!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    He's counted as a midfielder so he gets more points per goal scored than a striker would.

Even though he's playing up front in a striker position.
    He didn't play as an out and out striker, as we played with 3 out and out wingers in that game. There was an awful lot of movement. His role for us is meant to be the advanced Midfielder, and the one that offers support to the forward. In the second half he was playing this role and I think he has started as our most advanced player a few games now.

BTW the point I was making was in regard to the pass, it was fantastic and these aren't counted in Fantasy Football Leagues.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Ox needs more playing time, a lot more ether with the main squad or with the reserves or a loan, when he came on against Spurs he got an assist in 5 minutes of play. I think that giving him more time on the pitch instead of Ramsey will benifit Arsenal more. As for the wage structure, i could not agree more. Arsenal offer un-proven PL players way to high salaries and when they become a bust we are stuck with paying them off, cause they know they won't get a similar pay-check in another club. We as a club are paying way to much for ppl like Djourou, Chamakh, Arshavin and yet they almost don't play in the first team. Walcot scores 10 goals and he can't get a pay raise.

A good practice would be to offer small starting wages and put larger performance bonnuses for goals, assists, clean sheets etc. at least for their first contract.

My FF team has 3 Arsenal playes in it, so no wonder it shakes a lot in performanse. I also had Ruddy, so gonna have to do with Al-habsi now.
    I think the persistence with Ramsey is because the guy was amazing until he broke his leg in a horrific tackle. Seen him play countless times for Wales now and he is lacking confidence. When you watch a game of football it's 90min a fraction of what the coaches see in that week. I bet Ramsey in training has the confidence and time, and therefore looks like he may have turned the corner.

The guy needs a goal or a bit of luck and by a bit a few things in a row, at times I have looked at him in a game and been extremely frustrated. Thinking that he requires too much time and space on the ball, when he has this he can do fantastic things. Yet in the PL you don't get this time, I personally think he is too good for the championship. Yet that may be the best place for him at this moment, though if he was to hit a vein of form that rekindled his confidence then he would be as good as anyone in the PL.

Before he got his injury Ramsey was seen as the key player to any Welsh footballing hope, since then he has gone backwards. Why Speed made him captain was beyond me as it seemed to put an even greater weight on his shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Agreed, but he scored one as well so it equals out!
    And is another person who has scored more times for Liverpool in the EPL than Stewart Downing!

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 08:05 PM ----------

Shortlist for World Player of the Year is out, no surprises as to the three: Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta.

While he's the outside shot, like last year, I hope Andreas wins it.

Meanwhile in bizzaro world (ok it's Southampton but that's not exactly far off) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20540955

That mascot video's the funniest thing I've seen with mascots since Wolfie v Little Pigs at Ashton Gate!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    I think the persistence with Ramsey is because the guy was amazing until he broke his leg in a horrific tackle. Seen him play countless times for Wales now and he is lacking confidence. When you watch a game of football it's 90min a fraction of what the coaches see in that week. I bet Ramsey in training has the confidence and time, and therefore looks like he may have turned the corner.

The guy needs a goal or a bit of luck and by a bit a few things in a row, at times I have looked at him in a game and been extremely frustrated. Thinking that he requires too much time and space on the ball, when he has this he can do fantastic things. Yet in the PL you don't get this time, I personally think he is too good for the championship. Yet that may be the best place for him at this moment, though if he was to hit a vein of form that rekindled his confidence then he would be as good as anyone in the PL.

Before he got his injury Ramsey was seen as the key player to any Welsh footballing hope, since then he has gone backwards. Why Speed made him captain was beyond me as it seemed to put an even greater weight on his shoulder.
    I agree with everything you said here, that injury stopped his development and he seems incapable at producing quality games atm. Whether its the Championship or some other European league he needs to get quality playing time at the center midfield.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    And is another person who has scored more times for Liverpool in the EPL than Stewart Downing!

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 08:05 PM ----------

Shortlist for World Player of the Year is out, no surprises as to the three: Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta.

While he's the outside shot, like last year, I hope Andreas wins it.

Meanwhile in bizzaro world (ok it's Southampton but that's not exactly far off) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20540955
    missing Andrea Pirlo for the top 3 tbh, he was amazing during the season and during the championship for italy. but ronaldo and messi kinda sadly have permanent spots for a few more years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    missing Andrea Pirlo for the top 3 tbh, he was amazing during the season and during the championship for italy. but ronaldo and messi kinda sadly have permanent spots for a few more years.
    Pirlo was 4th on a lot of lists. Iniesta's performance in the European Cup (especially the final) pretty much secured his spot in the top 3.

This makes a change from someone having to win the ECL to be World Player of the Year, seems like that's been a requirement the past few years.

Pirlo was 4th on a lot of lists. Iniesta's performance in the European Cup (especially the final) pretty much secured his spot in the top 3.

This makes a change from someone having to win the ECL to be World Player of the Year, seems like that's been a requirement the past few years.
    Couldnt get Ronaldo or Messi on it if they did that, and couldnt have that now! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Couldnt get Ronaldo or Messi on it if they did that, and couldnt have that now! :P
    Pretty much, besides who would you pick from Chelsea's ECL te...

I forsee a new John Terry photoshop entrant here.

Pretty much, besides who would you pick from Chelsea's ECL te...

I forsee a new John Terry photoshop entrant here.
    Torres ofc! Scored vs Barca!

Although tbh Drogba had a really good season, Id expect him to take African player of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drogba had an an alright season let down by only scoring goals in the league all season, Torres for the most part though was abysmal. Remember while they won the Champions League somehow (we're still not exactly sure) they were abysmal in the Premiership.

They might as well give Bosingwa the spot in the final three.

Well Messi is about to break the all time record for goals scored in a year. It's pretty hard to look beyond that for player of the year.

Some tasty games this weekend

Bayern vs Dortmund

Real Madrid vs Atletico

Not sure about the EPL, nothing really stands out to me. Man City vs Everton maybe?
    Last edited by Valeron; 2012-11-30 at 05:36 PM.

Pft, Messi, I taught the boy everything he knows he'd just be a shit Stewart Downing if I hadn't shown him how to score like Gene Simmons!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    City/Everton should be a good match, Arsenal against Swansea is a pretty tasty fixture too.

Other than that, not a great deal this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    City/Everton should be a good match, Arsenal against Swansea is a pretty tasty fixture too.

Other than that, not a great deal this week.
    Reading - United! The place I used to live vs the team I support ^^ But yeah, don't have high hopes for the "quality" of the match, will be most definitely watching City vs Everton, hoping Felaini can score multiple goals and make City lose their first game of the season :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I'm really not enjoying watching United play at the moment, even when we win it's sloppy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I'm really not enjoying watching United play at the moment, even when we win it's sloppy.
    Indeed. I mean to begin with it was nice to see United make a comeback after conceding a goal or 2 first (Southampton match months ago, for example), but lately I find it more tedious than enjoyable. And Wednesday's match, "lucky" goal in the first minute and then 89 regulation minutes of pretty much nothing. While I always hope United win, and will always watch their matches if I can, I too am not really enjoying it much lately.

That being said, I didn't find Chelsea - Man City that enjoyable either, Spurs - Liverpool was a tad more enjoyable.

I'm hoping at least City - Everton wont let me down on the enjoyment factor, and who knows, maybe Reading will score 4 goals in the first half, and then United will come back and win it 4-5 in the second half ^^

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 03:30 PM ----------

haha it was coming, a few chances missed or saved, but now West Ham are 2-1 ahead against Chelsea with a lovely goal. I love the fact the fans are celebrating with bubbles (can't think of the proper name if there is one, the round thing you dip into soapy water and then blow into to make bubbles).

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 03:33 PM ----------

3-1 now heh, wonder how long Benitez is going to stay interim manager... ;D

Michu!

LOL@Chelsea