Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Spurs next three games are the only reason I haven't jumped at Defoe. Everton/Swansea and then away to Stoke.
    We'll win those no doubt, the mental breakdown will come some weeks after xmas.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

3-0 win for Rangers this afternoon infront of a decent crowd of 23,000 - no doubt sending them up the road happy that we're in the last 16 of the Scottish Cup before Celtic!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

1:0 up and going strong!

I like the twitter comments ont he BBC feed:

Norwich have two Bennetts, one Barnett, one Rudd and a Ruddy. Lazy scouting.

Re Giraffe at 1618 and Norwich's scouting: we also have Russell Martin & Chris Martin on our books... Very lazy scouting."
    If we win this, we are on equal points with Liverpool and only two behind Arsenal!

edit 17:39 CET - 2:0! Whittling down that goal difference
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-12-02 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Just wanted to show you guys what austrian football fans are capable of doing for their club:

This was the last game of SK Sturms all time favorite striker Mario Haas! The atmosphere was just amazing from beginning to end!

Bravo Mario Haas, einer von uns!

an away tie to an SPL team in the Scottish cup for us, Scumdee United, who have previous history for being arseholes (charging Rangers supporters again after a game got abandoned at half time) and one of two clubs in Scottish football I genuinely dislike more than Celtic (the other being Aberdeen), tie is due played in February.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    We'll win those no doubt, the mental breakdown will come some weeks after xmas.
    I wouldn't be too confident, every single one of those has "draw" marked for me, with a chance either team could win. It's possible Spurs will take 9 points, I just don't see it as the most likely scenario.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be too confident, every single one of those has "draw" marked for me, with a chance either team could win. It's possible Spurs will take 9 points, I just don't see it as the most likely scenario.
    isn't that like every team in the league atm bar united and city really though? :P not certain games anymore since chelsea kinda eh yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    isn't that like every team in the league atm bar united and city really though? :P not certain games anymore since chelsea kinda eh yeah.
    Certain fixtures are more attractive than others though, going away to Goodison is never fun, nor is playing Swansea (home or away) Stoke is purely frustrating, but at least it's at White Hart Lane.

I don't expect Stoke or even Swansea to win, Spurs would be more likely to win either match. It's just a draw is by far the most likely scenario, that's not just for Spurs, that's for anyone playing them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anderson is apparently out for "weeks", awesome, just what we needed when one of our biggest EPL games is coming up next weekend...

10+ Year Old Account
    Story of the last few seasons, he shows great form, gets injured and then is subpar when he returns.

Vidic is due back this week, thank god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't get my hopes up this time knowing United's luck he will get injuried again. Bale is also out for 2 weeks

Meh, Bale was one of my star players in my FF, although he was also my only non defensive player to not score this week :P

Real blow for Spurs though, he is so good, he just terrorises defences and either makes amazing chances or scores great goals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bale is indeed good, just a pity he has the tendency to dive, didn't he get warned (and yellow cards?) in 2 consecutive matches for diving? Thought I saw someone post about it here (and I'm too tired to go look back for the post ^^).

But otherwise he's a very good player, he has a knack for finding the corners of the goals from far out with a powerful shot so the keeper can't get it, some of his goals are stunners.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-12-04 at 02:14 PM.

I got great confidence in the team atm. The Arsenal game seem to have given them a good kick in butt.

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Bale is also out for 2 weeks
    Yeah, just lovely.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Vidic is due back this week, thank god.
    He's out for at least another 2 weeks :/ Fergie has said that he won't start against Cluj and he'll miss the derby, he's 50/50 for the game after City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    He's out for at least another 2 weeks :/ Fergie has said that he won't start against Cluj and he'll miss the derby, he's 50/50 for the game after City.

The above quite accurately portrays my feelings on the matter.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-12-04 at 05:52 PM.

Rangers chief executive Charles Green has confirmed that Rangers will decline their ticket allocation for the Dundee United tie and has urged Rangers fans not to attend the game in February - y'know I've read a ton of bad stuff about Charles Green but having met the man & seen his actions since taking over I can't help but get the feeling he's not afraid to "get it up them" on our behalf. Dundee United deserve this after the 2009 match that was abandoned when they refused to refund tickets & it's a massively popular move amongst the supporters!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20595802

10+ Year Old Account
    Between this and the AFC Wimbledon/MK Dons boycott I can't fault either group of fans who are airing legitimate grievances.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rangers, but good for them for sticking to principles.

We've drawn a lot of press for the way we've stuck by the team in the last 12 months, truth is that we're not here for the trophies, we're not here to please anyone other than ourselves and when it comes to some people, they tend to forget that for years they've lived off Rangers & Celtic all because 30 years ago they were "big shots" in Europe. Dundee United & Aberdeen have brought nothing to Scottish football over the years since Fergie & Jim McLean left and in recent years have basically mooched off Glasgow & what makes it more galling for Rangers fans is that while we get (and rightly so) some negative press for our fans, Aberdeen fans have repeatedly caused trouble yet for some strange reason are never labeled as the scumbags they are. (admittedly a lot of that is down to higher profile cases like old firm games & well, Manchester wasn't exactly good for our reputation regardless as to your take on it!)

When we played both Motherwell & Inverness at Ibrox it was difficult, I remember sitting in the stands at the end of the season with Motherwell fans singing "Rangers til July" - I remember reminding them that they've been in administration previously for TWO YEARS (without I hasten to add points deduction) but being told "that was different, we didn't cheat the taxman". But we were professional on both counts, we made them as welcome as they deserved and ultimately proved to them that despite the position we're in we're still bigger than them - a lot of people are praising us for that and we're doing our best to build a reputation for loyalty to the team, up here it's kind of grudgingly accepted, everywhere else people just look sorta like "what the?!?".

With the Wimbledon/MK Dons match at the weekend that was a much different & much more personal beast, unlike Rangers that was a club & a fanbase who got shafted & the entire club ripped out from beneath them - that can't have been easy to watch and I'm glad we avoided any scenario like that! (after all, we only lost a holding company - a bit like Celtic before us) True fans are what makes football, not the superstar players, not the 137 goals in 12 months from Messi or Beckham's free kicks, not the massive wages or the big TV revenues, but the guys turning out in support of the team - unfortunately that gets lost because well, it's those Messi's & Ronaldos which bring in money & coverage!

15+ Year Old Account
    argh no Vidic for the derby?

It's going to take a miracle...